The little frog

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/03, 11:14

Here is an email I received ... I think we can apply this theory to a multitude of aspects of today's world ... pollution in 1st:

Imagine a pot filled with cold water, in which a frog swims quietly.
The fire is lit under the pot.
The water heats up slowly.
She will soon be lukewarm.
The frog finds it rather pleasant and continues to swim. The temperature begins to rise.
The water is hot.
It is a little more than the frog appreciates; it tires her a little, but she doesn't panic.
The water is now really hot.
The frog begins to find it unpleasant, but it is also weakened, so it supports and does nothing.
The water temperature will go up until the frog will simply cook and die, without ever being extracted from the pot.
Immersed in a pot at 50 °, the frog would immediately kick healthy and find itself outside.
This experience (which I do not recommend) is rich in lessons.
It shows that when a negative change takes place slowly enough, it escapes consciousness and most of the time does not provoke reaction, no opposition, no revolt.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/08/06, 21:42

it's very true, you get used to everything without noticing it, the glasses that are no longer suitable, the brakes insufficient.

At Univ 'en bio we were made to do a manipulation: "count the opercular beats of a roach by slowly raising the temperature" Nobody could keep the beast in the jar up to 40 °: it stepped out!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/08/06, 21:53

Obviously, this is exactly how the people who govern us proceed !!!

If we had brutally and heavily taxed oil, alcohol, cigarettes ... a lot would have changed a long time ago ...

The politicians who advocate sustainable development advocate above all to move very very gradually to sustainable development. :x
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 28/08/06, 23:24

citro wrote:Obviously, this is exactly how the people who govern us proceed !!!

If we had brutally and heavily taxed oil, alcohol, cigarettes ... a lot would have changed a long time ago ...

The politicians who advocate sustainable development advocate above all to move very very gradually to sustainable development. :x

The problem is that for them, "sustainable development" means developing a long time and a lot, without giving a damn about the environment.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 29/08/06, 08:30

the blow of the frog, does it for global warming ??? :?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/08/06, 10:07

denis wrote:the blow of the frog, does it for global warming ??? :?

Except that we are slowly bringing our atmosphere to a boil. Moreover, these last 2 centuries, humanity has spent all its time "turning up the gas" under the pot.

And yes gentlemen "growth appellants", more growth is also more gas under the pot and therefore less time before "cooking" all life on this planet.

However, the big problem is that unlike the frog, which always has the possibility of leaving the pot, for us, there is nothing outside the pot than the interstellar vacuum : Cry:.

Of course, some "techno adicts" think and try to make believe that by the time the water boils we will have found another relief pot (planet) ... which we will also hasten to rot as we are shooting that one : Evil:

No, the only possible solution is that of lowering the gas therefore: the decrease which this fable illustrates very well.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/06, 10:17

Not only .... it is also the case for any rather slow "manipulation" ... Remember at one time everyone said: at 5frs ​​/ L of gasoline no one will drive anymore ....

You know the rest ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 29/08/06, 10:28

Christophe wrote:

Not only .... it is also the case for any rather slow "manipulation" ... Remember at one time everyone said: at 5frs ​​/ L of gasoline no one will drive anymore ....

You know the rest ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Hello,
You forgot the changeover to €, at 5 fr / L, it was before your birth !! (in Belgian francs, once) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

"Boiling water gives an exquisite taste to everything" (Asterix at the Bretons)
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"