Global warming: I am pessimistic, do you?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Global warming: I am pessimistic, do you?

by slipper » 24/05/07, 17:56

Good and well my message does not make in the genre humor, and I do not know if I am going to be lincher as it happens to me when I express the following point of view to my friends ...:

at times I have the impression that the world is moving at an environmental level, and at times I have the impression that it is cat pee in an ecological emergency, which makes me wonder. I'm 26) having children or not ...

not want to put them in this world there!
am I crazy or else?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/05/07, 18:35

I think that even if things are moving in international bodies, in order to improve the situation of the planet, we must take into account theInertia.

Inertia so that everyone becomes aware of the problem, then takes effective measures, then they are applied, and then they have a noticeable improvement effect.

Flywheel of the process of deterioration of the planet, which is underway, and probably getting worse.

So, even if environmental awareness increases, in 20 or 30 years, the earth, water, air, food, fauna and flora will be much worse off than it is today.
(Above all, that preparations for wars are always the fad of our powerful, and that this does not go in the desired positive direction).

For children, you do as you want. But when you really want to give birth or adopt and educate your children, it is not these kinds of considerations that prevail.
The powerful desire to educate according to one's convictions must be present.
Conversely, communicating a bad life to them is not a gift for them.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/05/07, 10:57

Yep, there is good in every life and in every place ...
even in prison :D

having children, I answer yes, provided you have the means to protect them
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mouaich...

by slipper » 25/05/07, 11:06

I don't know what to say
children I want to but I just wonder if it's not a little bit of madness and a big part of selfishness

i agree with most of gegyx's answer, except i think it is when mm a question to ask, contrary to what he says: "it is not that kind of considerations which wins the decision. "
finally maybe when the need arises or forgets everything else ...

after actually it is up to me alone to answer this question (on children), so basically the bottom of my question is rather: are you rather optimistic or pessimistic about the evolution of things?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Mouaich ...

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 11:47

babouche wrote:Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the evolution of things?

In this area, you must above all learn to be ...philosophe... : Mrgreen: under penalty of quickly falling into a deep depression

If I have a piece of advice to give which seems fairly universal in the field of preserving our planet, it is this:

"Act at your level and within your means without expecting anything from others (or almost) ..."

It is very sad but it is the only conclusion that I can observe since my commitment in favor of econology ... :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 12:41

ps: I would also add that all the economic advances are good to take, however small they may be ...you have to nibble on the share of fossil fuel use...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/05/07, 13:16

The less I turn on my TV, the less depressed I am. 8)

I spent my Sunday in the countryside for the celebration of nature, to discover, plant animals, and passionate people who know how to enjoy this spectacle.

Let us be militant and share our ideas, our desires ... let us fight.
If we give up, it is "the dark side" that progresses. : Evil:

I have children, that is my greatest asset, but they are themselves. I'm just directing their gaze ... in the direction where I'm looking.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/05/07, 13:50

Bonjour à tous
Christophe wrote:
If I have a piece of advice to give which seems fairly universal in the field of preserving our planet, it is this:

"Act at your level and within your means without expecting anything from others (or almost) ..."

It is very sad but it is the only conclusion that I can observe since my commitment in favor of econology ... :|

"Expect nothing from others", or "do well and let it bray", for my part I try to explain / gently convince my entourage that I am not an enlightened person to be interested in the more or less stupid way in which we lives.

I could see some awareness (it is not yet in action .... but I hope that the step to be taken will be smaller)

The action, each at its level, as small as it is but in the sense of trying to make tomorrow better than today.

I say to my children "Look at the bird there, look at the good, enjoy the beauty of the spectacle. Your children or your grandchildren in a hopelessly empty sky will find it hard to believe that when you tell them that in your time they there were real birds flying in the sky ....

Be less stupid than us, our generation, and try to do better than us.

We will get there...
Econologically yours
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/05/07, 13:53

citro wrote: If we give up, it is "the dark side" that progresses. : Evil:

and who plays the role of DarthVador? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 13:56

Flytox wrote:"Expect nothing from others", or "do well and let it bray"

Oh no, that was not at all what I wanted to say, before I had noted "Act" ... that is to say that I mean by that, do not rely on the decisions of our governments to resolve the climate problem!

La FARCE of subsidies for renewable energy materials is proof not?
0 x