HELP !!! We fall on the head!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

HELP !!! We fall on the head!

by Christophe » 08/01/07, 10:39

With such economic logic ... we will not come out alive!

I can't even find the words ... just a big desire to

ImageImageImageImage

The price of gasoline will drop due to global warming - January 07, 2007 - 11:20 am (By Pierre Melquiot)

Good news for motorists, the price of gasoline will drop. Gasoline prices are indeed promised to fall further, due to the drop in oil prices. This decrease could be partly due to global warming and therefore to a very mild winters.

Oil prices have plunged almost 10% in the past week. Prices have lost more than six dollars in just three days, and the main reason for this decline is the current mild climate in the United States, which is reducing demand for petroleum products.

In London, a barrel of brent crude (North Sea) fell Friday to 54,50 dollars, its lowest level since November 30, 2005. The climate in the Northeast of the United States weighs on the oil prices on the steps. In New York, a barrel of "light sweet crude" for delivery in February fell to $ 54,90 on Friday, the lowest level since June 14, 2005.

For the record, a barrel of brent had reached a historic record last summer at $ 78. Another phenomenon amplifies this drop in the price of gasoline with the weakening of the dollar, which lost 7,5% of its value against the euro in one year.
The repercussions on the price of petrol of these two phenomena, global warming and the erosion of the dollar against the euro, should be felt in the next 15 days.

Source: http://www.actualites-news-environnemen ... atique.php
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 01 / 07, 10: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/07, 10:44

With this one I already agree a lot:

The increase in the price of gasoline saves lives!

http://www.forum.umontreal.ca/numeros/1 ... cle01.html
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 08/01/07, 11:24

hi, for the first one: awkwardness ?? it is not said that it is good.
for fuel, sure, it is not expensive enough! : Shock: : Mrgreen:
there is that to roll less!
better to stop working, rather q to go there at 60km + traffic jam for 1000 € / month (there are!)
people prefer to work at a loss !! : Shock: (nanny, quantine, car costs, taxes, etc.)
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/07, 11:47

denis wrote:better to stop working, rather q to go there at 60km + traffic jam for 1000 € / month (there are!)
people prefer to work at a loss !! : Shock: (nanny, quantine, car costs, taxes, etc.)

At a loss I would say not ... but at 50% reduction it's easy!

The current system is really MAGIC !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/01/07, 12:48

better to stop working, rather q to go there at 60km + traffic jam for 1000 € / month (there are!)
people prefer to work at a loss !! (nanny, quantine, car costs, taxes, etc.)

Yes, but those who don't do so are called lazy.

"Wanting to save the planet" is not part of the criteria of good behavior of the citizen, moreover I do not think that N. Hulot put it in his text!

JM Jancovici (definitely I am referring only to him, but it is he who is the most true and the most honest) recommends putting more and more green taxes on petroleum-based fuel to force the manufacturers and vehicle users to use other means of getting around. The manufacturers would produce hybrids in large series like TOYOTA Prius to lower production costs, that would already be very good to start. The book "Le plein SVP" explains very well how where we are going and how we are going.

The warming which causes a drop in the price of gasoline, it will send more and more people to the beaches during the February holidays if it continues; already they were going there by plane at the other end of the world, there it is the bouquet ..
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 08/01/07, 13:03

people prefer to work at a loss !! (nanny, quantine, car costs, taxes, etc.)

Yes, but those who don't do so are called lazy.

"Wanting to save the planet" is not part of the criteria of good behavior of the citizen, moreover I do not think that N. Hulot put it in his text!

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: to deal with lazy: I know, but it doesn't do anything to me anymore; I don't have the time to hang out at the bistro, play boules (pétanque) : Cheesy: ) fishing ... there are some who do not have time to raise their children! : Shock: it is a matter of priority!
work at a loss: I know some !!! many :!: must love are work! and it is not even the case (chain)
the 21st century: what bullshit, as we imagined the year 2000 30 years ago :!: :!: you talk about progress!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 08/01/07, 13:07

"Help, we fall on the head!" It's certain...

That said, not so much on the messages that are posted here where 'phony' arguments are used to say that global warming is helping to emit less greenhouse gases ...

No. By this expression, I prefer to speak of the commercial and fiscal practices which are being put in place on all sides, while touching consumers on the sensitive cord of the awareness and the implementation of more ecology for a better life. This practice is called: emotional manipulation ...

Indeed, since 2006, commercial practices appear for so-called ecology.
Here I want to talk about the "recycling tax" of electronic products. I have never seen, ever, such an unfair commercial practice: I buy a product with a recycling tax; I should hand it over to the future supplier when it is replaced, on which I will pay this tax again; the supplier sends the old product to the recycler; and the so-called recycler who is already given the recycling tax for the transport of the products to be recycled, will also benefit from the sale of the raw materials that he will have recycled.

In addition, we see the same practice developing at the municipal level: yes, I am talking about garbage collection here.
At the beginning, it all started with a good intention: everyone sorts their waste and the sorting centers will refine the work. However, I realize as we move forward, that some sorting centers refuse to collect garbage from certain people on the pretext that the garbage is not properly sorted. I totally condemn this practice, the aim of which is only to reduce the workforce in the sorting centers for the benefit of which the consumer will perform this task. In the meantime, they are still recovering the sale of old paper, metals and plastics which are recycled.
This is one thing, but when we see that this practice also extends to the collection of waste: threat of not taking green waste in front of your door, obligation to put it in a boot, obligation to bring it to the landfill. .

There are enough of these practices which allow certain companies to put in their pockets !! You’re tired of hearing about tax to go green !!
Today, with the intellectual level of our societies, we can only talk about taxes and finances to overcome purely natural and technological problems ... Are we also obsessed with money that it makes us poor in creativity ? Or are we simply depleted of courage to embark on new technical and economic challenges ?!
Our ancestors have challenged religious powers for new knowledge, even if it means passing for heretics ... And, I think that we are currently facing the duties of our technical and economic era: what are they ?!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/01/07, 13:28

work at a loss: I know some !!! many must love their work! and it is not even the case (chain)
the 21st century: what bullshit, when we imagined the year 2000 30 years ago you talk about progress!

totally agree with you.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 09/01/07, 09:05

well if it is the balances on petrol, it is that one consumed less petroleum, which is a good thing.

But then you are encouraged to consume more .....
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/01/07, 10:28

ThierrySan wrote:(...) Here, I want to talk about the "recycling tax" of electronic products.
(...)
In addition, we see the same practice developing at the municipal level: yes, I am talking about garbage collection here.

I agree with you enough to point the finger at the lack of transparency in recycling channels.
Once again, "the technical society" (Cf Ellul) manages to make money with its own aberrations: rather than designing objects that last or that can be repaired, we organize their recycling in order to make even more dough.
Recycling will only become truly ecological when it is considered only when reuse is not possible.

Otherwise, to reframe a little on the subject, how do you want to reconcile the consumer society and the fact that, for the majority of French people, it is in the state of implementing measures to preserve the environment without passing by taxes?

If our fellow citizens had an innate ecological fiber, it would not be necessary to tax. The ecological tax is a bit like the recycling radar: everyone is against it but since they are there, the French have changed their behavior and the number of deaths has decreased.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding