Buy Nothing Day ... for, against, nuanced?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Buy Nothing Day ... for, against, nuanced?

by saveplanet » 25/11/06, 12:16

To raise consumer awareness that we all (except lumberjack can be ?! : Cheesy: ), Small associations campaigning against the consumption excesses today organize a day without purchase.

What do you think? is it very useful? were you aware?

It seems to me that one day, it is ridiculous or at least to be less critical, difficult to change mindsets and habits of consumption ....
In addition, I knew because a friend is part of the association "No pub" but otherwise, little noise on the movement!
0 x
Together we can change the
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 12:29

Rather than organizing such a "punch" operation (exactly like the car-free day which is a great joke for the environment but allows some to lighten their conscience) I think it would be better to learn on the contrary to "better" consume and denounce the aberrations of the society of overconsumption (single doses, overpacking, 200m journey by car ...) ... see the blog ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 25/11/06, 12:29

I agree with you saveplanet, it seems a bit ridiculous. We could clear without buying surperflus or in supermarkets or some unknown criteria. But suddenly without purchase. Must have well go shopping the day before and do double the next day.

And without being flap joy if it was followed, I think it would be rather unfortunate because it would be a black day for shopping full, arisant etc.

But good to be honest I have not watched any argument of the organization. I also find bizzard not do it on Sunday because many complain (and probably rightly) that Sunday more and more people are forced to work.

EDIT after seeing the post of Christophe:
Absolutely, it could be a day without packaging, or a day without products outside Europe for example (even if it's hard to know). It would be interesting, we could even multiply the days. The advantage of "days" is to show that it is possible, to try at least once. But trying not to consume it can't last very long.
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 25/11/06, 12:35

Everything lends itself to this day not being followed ... and yes, the reasons are not good!
I was not thinking ... but on Sunday, the traditional day for family and rest is now almost become a day like any other and why many people do not like the day ?!
I'll give it to you in a thousand, because there is nothing to do and whoever says nothing to do says "shops closed" ... it's sad!
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A tiny article on that day ...

by saveplanet » 25/11/06, 12:38

"The interest of this day is not to make people feel guilty", explained a spokesperson for the Chiche association (100 members), which will organize a show on Saturday in Toulouse as part of this day "without purchase "which will be followed in 55 countries in total.

"We want to empower the consumer, make him think a few weeks of Christmas and New Year on the acts of purchase, on what he really needs to buy, to highlight the drifts of consumption, especially purchases compulsive, ”he added.

Leaflets will be distributed and shows will take place in Bordeaux, Amiens, Chambéry, Grenoble, La Rochelle, Montpellier, Amiens, St Genis Laval (south of Lyon) and Rennes, but nothing is planned in Paris, according to the website of the association "Casseurs de pub", initiator of the movement in France.
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 25/11/06, 12:42

I think although there are also behind a notion of culture, events organized for the occasion but again, we must be aware!

And I already found this article very focused because accuracy (100 members) shows the restrictive side, almost stupid day.
Basically a minority is trying to make itself heard, to change some things but all this, this energy is only a sword in the water ... no?
0 x
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 25/11/06, 13:24

Not necessarily Saveplanet,
if all of us here actors and readers of the forum decide to go down the street to meet them, it will increase the ranks a little more.
I just watched on the site of the breaker pub, it took me - 1mn to know the time and place of appointment on bordeaux.
So ACTION, I will be with them this afternoon.
because it's good to talk about kind of forum, but it's still better to ACT ...: idea:
Citro, you end up there? Bordeaux or other ...

In terms of the day without even buying it, not my consumption does not change much because I have not set foot in a temple of consumption for months. : Cheesy:
+ All my shopping at Lidl 1 the monthly corner for canning and cat food
And you know what? I wear me the better !!! finished tt spend hours monthly to waste my time walking ds c large impersonal stores : Evil: : Evil:

And you what are you doing ??
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: No purchase day ... for, against, nuanced?

by Woodcutter » 25/11/06, 15:33

saveplanet wrote:To raise consumer awareness that we all (except lumberjack can be ?! : Cheesy: ) [...]
Gné? Image what is this story again? :?

If I was me doing ID photos today, I have no good then?

Promised tomorrow I buy anything ... : roll:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A little article on that day ...

by Woodcutter » 25/11/06, 15:39

saveplanet wrote:Everything lends itself to this day not being followed ... and yes, the reasons are not good!
I was not thinking ... but on Sunday, the traditional day for family and rest is now almost become a day like any other and why many people do not like the day ?!
I'll give it to you in a thousand, because there is nothing to do and whoever says nothing to do says "shops closed" ... it's sad!
How I pity those poor people who do not know what to do with their Sunday ... : roll:
Whatever ! :frown: I who never enough Sunday to do what I want ...

saveplanet wrote:[...] "We want to empower the consumer, make him think a few weeks of Christmas and New Year on the acts of purchase, on what he really needs to buy, to highlight the drifts of the consumption, especially compulsive shopping, "he added. [...]
My compulsive shopping Christmas, I brought them to the econological shop ... : Mrgreen:
It's wrong, I know ... : Cry:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 25/11/06, 22:39

That's it I've made my day without purchase.

Here, it was cold, I dawdled on the net, and suddenly I'm not out, I have not done my shopping. That's it I'm a good citizen : Cheesy: .

I have more than has thawed me something ...

Well I'm kidding a bit (well I did not buy today) but it's true that I have trouble seeing where we want to come with a day without purchase? ...

That said some events of the day can be interesting:

http://www.casseursdepub.org/index.php? ... nu=2004jsa

I suggest you watch and listen Goldman excellent clip.

I would not mind in the juke box
0 x