Mercedes Recy, the recycled or recyclable car?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Mercedes Recy, the recycled or recyclable car?

by Christophe » 26/09/06, 21:54

We believe very strongly ... the charlatants are not only the net ...

Called "Recy", it should also give pride of place to ecology, recyclable materials and suitable engines to support it. In short, with this roadster, Mercedes would offer Californians the car they expect: discovery and “environment friendly”. This concept car would be all the better because it is not good to be a manufacturer of cars now considered too polluting (big block V8 etc.) in this state of the United States of America.

http://news.caradisiac.com/Etonnante-Me ... ngeles-596

You will have noted my comment: "This concept car is a shame and only has a marketing role ... in short, more window dressing to sell you large sedans that pollute well and consume anything but sustainable ... for the greater good of the GDP ... "
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/10/06, 22:03

I don't see anything new that requires you to take out the cat whipping machine ...
The latest Renault cars are over 95% recyclable and for California, Mercedes will likely use their previous hydrogen research to present a ZEV vehicle.

Where is the quackery in there?
(unless you wrote it the same day as the other, this post? : Wink:)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 23:05

Woodcutter wrote:Where is the quackery in there?

0) the car is an object of consumption / pollution not far from excellence, right?

1) You just explained it yourself ... the vehicles are already "recyclable" in a large proportion (I will not go up to 95%) ... what is the interest of this prototype?

2) This is a concept car / roadster therefore produced in very small series ... if it is sold one day

3) We bet there will be a BIG engine in it ...

4) When will the car be made from recycled and non-recyclable materials?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/10/06, 12:02

What I do not understand is the virulence of your words ...
Especially compared to a concept car! : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Where is the quackery in there?

0) the car is an object of consumption / pollution not far from excellence, right?
Certainly, and?

Christophe wrote:1) You just explained it yourself ... the vehicles are already "recyclable" in a large proportion (I will not go up to 95%) ... what is the interest of this prototype?
Well ... maybe push recycling to 100% or almost? To show that it is possible and with what channels?

Christophe wrote:2) This is a concept car / roadster therefore produced in very small series ... if it is sold one day
Same as 0) above ...

Christophe wrote:3) We bet there will be a BIG engine in it ...
I would rather bet, as I said, on a system allowing to be ZEV on at least part of the operation.

Christophe wrote:4) When will the car be made from recycled and non-recyclable materials?
Well this is already the case for a number of plastic parts of the base but it does not represent much in mass, it must be admitted ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"