Serious problem with the server

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Serious problem with the server

by Christophe » 26/08/06, 10:53

The site's dedicated server has encountered a very serious maintenance problem Thursday around noon : it simply crashed and was cut by my host!

A new server is being reconfigured with the migration difficulties that this causes ...

You can leave a note of support below because these days are quite terrible and trying for Christine and me ...

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the problems encountered ...
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 08 / 06, 14: 56, 3 edited once.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 26/08/06, 11:21

bravo christophe you are the best
I know that your work your intelligence and your determination will overcome your current problems and that they will one day be rewarded

don't despair we support you
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 26/08/06, 12:09

Hello christine and christophe!

when i saw that i could no longer access econologie i thought that the webmaster had taken a pose to go on vacation. The guy! ... but nay!
Here we have just warned me of a server failure and christophe with love jacked up dare dare on the reconfiguration : Shock:

So that you wish for more than good luck; it is often also in repairs that we learn the most, because it is rare that everything rolls on wheels.
I'm sure next week everything will be settled.

@ soon!
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/06, 12:21

Thank you for your support ...

How did you manage to get here?
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 26/08/06, 12:30

I him and passed the info you do not want me I hope .... : Cheesy:
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/06, 13:35

Not at all quite the contrary ... it was just a false hope then (I thought it "worked" from lau's ...) well I go back to my * .php .... : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/06, 14:52

Here is the report of the operations in progress and / or resolved:

1) Things that work:

1) the forums except some images (avatar) and the gallery. This should be resolved on Monday.
2) the store (but it is still a test, hence the restricted access for the moment)
3) the site works in part (see below)

2) The "positive" points regarding this server crash:

1) No loss of data (except message Thursday morning) forums.
2) No loss of data on the store (no order will therefore not be honored!).
3) No loss in the content of the site but the downloads remain inaccessible for the moment ...
4) Improved server security (passive and active)

2) Things that go wrong:

1) the management of the .com poses problem and that will not be resolved correctly before Monday noon.
2) Rewriting is lost because the new server is not compatible (for the moment) hoping that it will be soon.
3) No sitemap is going (.xml) because of 2)
4) The downloads (5GB) will be delivered as and when.
5) Pb with the characters on the directory.
6) Lots of dead links on the site ... they will be resolved as and when ...

There must still be some bp not stated below ... as I have slept 8 hours since Thursday noon .... I have a little trouble figuring everything out ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 26/08/06, 15:01

I am glad to find you. Good luck !
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/06, 15:59

Hi Cuicui, also nice to see you again ... especially since I believe that you are the first member to have taken advantage of the temporary redirection of the econologie.com domain that we have just set up ... while waiting permanent redirection ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/08/06, 16:38

Dear Christophe:

phew, I was able to return to the site via a link on an e-mail received on my e-mail account: I suspected that you were not on strike and that there was a pallid qq somewhere.

Good like everyone I take my pain in patience and I wish you good luck with Cochise and Geronimo :D

I take this opportunity to try to steal data from the "others"
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be