Steep, THE game of winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and wingsuit) of the moment that carton!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Steep, THE game of winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and wingsuit) of the moment that carton!

by Christophe » 08/09/17, 23:31

I recently found it for my little one (and finally for me too :D) the game Steep, a game released late 2016 made by UbiSoft Annecy, and well worth the stroke I tell you about it because the winter sports games are quite rare and that it changes games FPS clone of military baston hyper repetitive and copied and pasted ...

So Steep is an open world (= we are free to move around) mountain activities (skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and wingsuiting in the default sports and others with packs to add: speed riding, sledging, base jump ...) and I find it a little gem, real massifs are modeled (Mont Blanc, Aiguille Verte, Cervin ...) and you can, for example if you want, spend 2 hours (see more) to climb Mont Blanc "on foot" (I personally did it ... but with a paraglider :D)

On the other hand, they have zapped the valleys probably for reasons of resources and size (the massifs seem closer than true ...), pity ... but it remains really nice and immersive! There are some villages and civil engineering (dams, bridges ...)

Obviously it is very oriented "arcade", for example, the thermal currents in paragliding mode are very "optimistic", like as soon as you glue a mountain it rises sharply ... the sail closures are not taken into account either (we can do anything in complete safety ...) ... but as paragliding simulators are extremely rare, it's already good to be able to do ...

Same for falls, we are never "injured" (even less dead ... but we can be KO) ...

Funny there is a small counter of G (we very often exceed 20 ... more than 60 you are "KO" ... in real 60G is an air crash ... in short Arcade mode what) ... on the other hand there is no tachometer ...

The avalanches are not modeled either ... damage could have been a very fun mode to try to escape an avalanche ... (may be in a Steep 2 ??) ...

Finally and that's not nothing, it's a massive multi-player game, everyone can even share their tracks and even create new tracks (or trajectories in the case of aerial activities ...) to offer as a "challenge" to others ... when we play we meet other players (in real time or in the form of a "ghost") when we play ...

In short I speak to you here just to advise you because it is an original game is worth it (if obviously you like the mountain ...)

Some videos:

In English:

In French:

The last mountain game that had hooked me so much was ... BIVOUAC, an alpisnime simulator ... released in euh ... houla ... 1987: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/ ... c-test.htm

Too bad there have not been any other mountaineering simulations since ... (to my knowledge ...)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Steep, THE game of winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and wingsuit) of the moment that hits!

by Christophe » 19/12/17, 01:53

Aurel, 7 years and 1 / 2, I present you his very first video youtube, he is quite talented in his ideas (I find :)) although a little stressed anyway;)

0 x
Christophe

Re: Steep, THE game of winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and wingsuit) of the moment that hits!

by Christophe » 19/12/17, 02:11

The stress was already better on the 2ieme:

Yes I know he is spoiled : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/17, 21:43

For those who are still skiing in real life, I found this study: https://www.econologie.com/bilan-carbone-station-ski/
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"