Registration to forum mandatory ?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Do you think that it is necessary to limit the reading of the subjects to the members of the forum ?

The poll expired on 20 / 02 / 06, 12: 32

Yes it is certain: there are too many recuperators or inactive compared to experimenters!
55%
No, you have to make everything accessible without any effort for visitors
45%

Total votes: 29
Christophe

Registration to forum mandatory ?

by Christophe » 21/01/06, 12:32

Here, seeing the ratio of the number of visitors / number of forum et the growing number of waste pickers of all kinds, I come to ask myself the question: Should we close the public access to forum ?

I mean that it would be mandatory to register in order to read the subject (among other things from your experiments), it would become a kind of forum As a semi-public, each visitor should simply make the effort to register before they can read the topics.

Obviously this does not go for the purpose of the advanced things but on the other hand freely disseminate your work carries risks of recovery and people who read without participating bring nothing at all!

For comparison, at the time of the birth of linux, 1984, software patents did not exist .... otherwise be sure that linux would not exist at least not as it currently exists ...

That's why I'm asking for your opinion via a survey that will last 30 days and I will stick to the results of this survey. Thank you also for justifying your vote if possible.

Thank you for your vote!
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 01 / 06, 14: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 21/01/06, 13:19

Hello
I admit having already thought about it.
I say to myself that by giving all the details of the realization, imagine that I manage to operate my reactor and to say how and why it works whereas before it did not work. An industrialist inquires about the thing on the forum without registering and sells something that looks very much like my editing while it's me who makes me chi ..... : Evil: to solve the problems of operation. And if in addition this industrialist has never helped me on the forumYes, that's a problem.
But nothing prevents an industrialist to do the same by registering.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/06, 13:28

PITMIX wrote:But nothing prevents an industrialist to do the same by registering.

Exact but ca limit (must provide a valid email, your ip is lodged ... etc etc must make an "effort" what) ... we provided our tips & advice on a golden plate ... Finally given it is given as we say ... Then it's not just the industrialists ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 21/01/06, 14:30

It is good that the content of the site is accessible to
all, even the industrialists. It is true that some bad apples
They can slip into the flock. But nothing will prevent them from entering, and in any case it is certain that it is already done.
Growing publicity at Econology can only wake up
interest of industrialists, scammers or lobies likely to
feels safe by the eventual fallout of people
who wet their shirts as much for their own satisfaction
than to compare their results and share them.
Much to do against bad luck, good heart as much as even
if the most ardent and lucky will not benefit from the fallout
economics of their work they can console themselves by saying to themselves
that the objective was above all econological. The dissemination of their
In any case, the work will benefit the skilled handyman since
broadcast on the net. There will always be people who prefer to pay
a technique (how many patone grading ad requests have i seen on the dif forums ? ..) rather than roll up
sleeves .
Industrialists therefore have their role to play in a more econological development of engines, fuels etc ...

On the other hand what is maybe an idea to dig and see how
apply it is to frank the members of ads (as it is the
case for now) but that non-members have happiness
to participate in the financing of the additional costs generated by their
traffic by undergoing some pubs even to their defending bodies.
In this way they will no longer come empty-handed and will resort
can be metamorphosis into active econologist, convinced and
why not, activists.

I vote therefore, free access.
0 x
DavidHervé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DavidHervé » 23/01/06, 09:56

Hello everyone,
I think that in reality it does not really matter because a malicious if he is really interested will still subscribe personally. On the other hand it can surely limit the work of the economic intelligence whose shell is realized by software robots ....

I abstain because I am divided between open access and sticks in the wheels to automatic systems.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 23/01/06, 10:15

I think we must leave all the content in free access (read only of course) without restriction of consultation by a mandatory registration.

Already, it allows a better referencing in the search engines, bringing other econologists, who will register to participate anyway.

This is one of the strengths of the internet: free access to information! Making access to consultation mandatory registration would destroy this advantage because many less people would make the effort to register for access (it happens to me from time to time: google links to links that are no longer searchable unless you have an entry, so I go my way).

It would also allow to have a base of members registered relatively clean: the registrants are 99% those who participate, limiting the number of "dead accounts" (like: I just register to see something, then I do not come back on the forum thereafter).

As for the "polluters" of forumthey will have to register to pollute and moderation can quickly calm them down.

Regarding advertising, if it allows the site to survive, it could be suppressible for "benefactor members" who have contributed financially, for example.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Close access

by jean63 » 23/01/06, 16:35

I am to close access to Forum, but on the other hand, it can allow people to discover what is happening and said there, and then to register.
In my case, that's what happened ....... difficult to choose.
We sell our Airbus to the Chinese, but in return, they want to know how we do ........ the risk is that in 5 or 10 years, they make them themselves. And if we do not show them, they will buy Boeing .....
By the way, did you notice that a very large number of members do not participate in forum?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/01/06, 22:29

Personally I am for the maintenance of the free access of the forum. As some documents must require the password entry, therefore forum, the WM still has access to information about the members who register.

However, it is possible to lock certain topics so that they are accessible only by registered members. You have to think about that, maybe for the forum pantone-experiments, leaving the generalities public.

(addition by edition: locking the understanding part of the process)
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 23/01/06, 22:39

Ok to lock some critical parts like the experiments and the plans, otherwise I really find it difficult to lock the whole forum. In general, people will not sign up for a forum they do not know and so much the better if the search engines have access to it and can make the site known.
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 23/01/06, 23:06

So I voted for locking the forum, even if I am regularly on it to read it without necessarily connecting me.
It is true that the interest of the internet is the free access. But you must not become a free copy :|

I'm thinking of something to let him semi-free.
Someone comes on the forum because he has followed a link or whatever, he has access to forum in reading and he can make his opinion.
The difference compared to a registered and connected member: he only has access to the pages in text. I mean that photos (images) and links are not accessible.

On a text we can say that it looks a lot without getting to visualize the thing. And if he wants details, he has to connect.
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"