A new member from Savoie

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Thibaud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

A new member from Savoie

by Thibaud » 25/01/11, 21:31

Hello everyone,

Small passage required when coming on a forum, the presentation.

I discovered your forum a little year ago, I had read a few posts here and there but never in depth, and for 2 weeks, I devoured the forum in particular the section concerning fuel savings because being a student the gasoline budget is reduced finally it is especially that I do not like to pay for gasoline especially at almost 1,50 € and more the awareness of respect for environment is more and more close to my heart and here are a few reasons:

The price of energy keeps increasing and why pay a certain amount when with some investments you realize big savings in the long term?

I am 21 years old, I am a law student, that of Chambéry to be precise and when I see that the amphis are in simple glazing, that the heating turns on fully and that when it is too hot we open the windows because the radiators are not adjustable, in the amphis we blow the hot air at the top (I'm not a genius in physics but the hot air rises so it would be more interesting to blow it from the bottom, right?)

I bought my parents in good packages of eco bulbs, double gain, less consumption and better lighting.

So there you go, I read, I remember what I can understand (sometimes there are very technical discussions, too much for me : Lol: )

I plan to remove the back seat of my car (I use it either alone or with my girlfriend so 4 places are not used), also remove the spare tire because I have a mini compressor and a puncture bomb , can be replace the quarter panels by plexiglass if it can last over time.

I already use acetone (0,023% because petrol engine) and my tires are over-inflated to +0,2 bar, the hubcaps are well closed so it smooths the rim well.

I have a Punto 60 and I am 5,8 liters per cent in national and city so it is relatively correct but I would like to improve all that, my candles have just been changed as well as the bundles during the emptying and change air filter so I could hope for a little better.

Would mounting slightly thinner tires provide gain?

Thank you to those who have read this long presentation post and who will be kind enough to answer me. :D
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/11, 21:52

Welcome Thibaud, thank you for this very nice presentation.

You said:

Would mounting slightly thinner tires provide gain?

At the price where the tires are, and where you live, certainly not. being able to brake in time and staying on the road is also economical ..... on your coffin! : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Thibaud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibaud » 25/01/11, 22:18

So I would keep the manufacturer, I would just think of taking a more reputable brand, preferably Michelin, as much to buy French because I have brand tires that I did not know before I am not sure that they are good top.

I would perhaps look at the side of the Michelin energy saver if the additional cost is not too high and if the gain is real.

On the consumption side, my girlfriend and I plan to buy bikes to get to college, it's 7km from my house flat except the last kilometer on the hill while by road there are 10km, so 20km per day with an engine that does not have time to warm up and in 10km it is from the city with 8 roundabouts, 3 red lights and a ramp to an expressway so everything you need to consume more and damage an engine because it cannot really heat up.

Taking the bike 3 times a week we would save about 25 € of gas per month.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/01/11, 22:24

Welcome !!

I don't know about you, the distances, but going by bike or on foot by running, we save and improve our health for the future !!
Driving as little as possible is the most economical.
Chambéry is not a huge city and if you want to save money, by bike or on foot the fuel economy is maximum !!
Even with the coasts of this region not very flat, it is a good exercise, essential for health and I, retired, I impose myself almost every day to make by bike had while running an elevation of 200m of altitude! !
Also I invite you to do the same by bike, not only for fuel economy, but much more for your health and your shape until my age !!

Otherwise Michelin Energy tires save 5 to 10% in energy, but quite expensive, but given their long travel distance, they are the best value for money according to the opinion of many !! (see econology)

when I see that the amphis are in simple glazing, that the heating turns to bottom and that when it is too hot one opens the windows because the radiators are not adjustable, in the amphis one blows the hot air at the top (I am not a genius in physics but the hot air rises so it would be more interesting to blow it from the bottom, right?)

You are right, most of the buildings in France are thermal nonsense !!
but the investments required are enormous!
Exterior insulation from 100 to 300 € per m2 !! to do before the double glazing which comes after.

But the savings are not to be made on single-to-double glazing (around 7%), which is clearly visible, but in the good-quality insulation of walls and ceilings and floors that are less visible and much more important, rather outdoors. .

The hot air blown from below rises as quickly, or even more, because it is launched upwards. From the top if it is forcefully thrown down and forced to pass through the bottom, it also goes into the room. It's a question of fashion.

The least consumption are LEDs with less mercury pollution (5 mg per fluorescent lamp not to be thrown away) but more expensive but with a much longer life if good quality of 50000h !!

So try to climb the hills by running or by bike !! max economy and max health !!
Eat fruits, vegetables, and not too much industrial food stuffed with junk that we keep discovering, frightened!
Learn to read labels !! and see the scams !!
On this subject I have lots of info on the internet !!
Beware of drugs or additives, supplements, dyes (even in drugs), unnecessary too quickly prescribed, see if they are authorized or prohibited in some countries outside of France (like the pick)!
For those who want to lose weight the best diet is to run a hill at 10% of 2Km (200m of elevation gain) like me, every day and especially not slimming junk food.
In the Alps you have magnificent mountain bike or running trips, ideal for that !!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/01/11, 22:42

On the consumption side, my girlfriend and I plan to buy bikes to get to college, it's 7km from my house flat except the last kilometer on the hill while by road there are 10km, so 20km per day with an engine that does not have time to warm up and in 10km it is from the city with 8 roundabouts, 3 red lights and a ramp to an expressway so everything you need to consume more and damage an engine because it cannot really heat up.

In your place, young or old grandfather stale for shopping, I would take a bicycle (not expensive 100 € walk!) And I would pedal, in addition it is often as fast or even faster than by car given the city traffic jams .
In addition I put a retractor car retractor fixed with large green wire fence on the handlebar handle with a twist !!
We are less brushed and more visible.
Especially at night have visible LED lamps, because long life and few batteries !!
See on econologie what they sell better than in the supermarket!

In addition ideal for long-term health.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/01/11, 22:52

Welcome! And know that everything you say right now can backfire! : Cheesy:
0 x
Thibaud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thibaud » 25/01/11, 22:54

For the food I am already careful, I discovered last summer the germinated seeds, I found it really good, it changes and in addition it costs almost nothing, the medocs, I avoid as much as possible with aspirin in case of persistent headache I take nothing.

For health, I already ride a road bike and run so the distance does not concern me on that side.

A simple mini rant, why most people do not respect what we have available consumes like glutton while paying attention to nature we save the environment, our time, our money while consuming better and better.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/11, 22:57

Thibaud:

On the consumer side, my girlfriend and I plan to buy bikes to get to college,

Very very good. I regularly go to Maastricht (Holland) where my daughter studies. I have learned to watch bikes, and the people I meet seem to be in excellent health, and look much less stressed than the people I see in Charleroi.

And you will see: we sleep well!

When I was in college, I used to walk 2 X 5 km a day, along the Meuse in Liège. My parents allocated me a bus budget: I never had a bus subscription and with these pennies, I paid for my magnetic tapes.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/11, 01:02

elephant wrote:and with these pennies, I paid for my tapes.

Rooooh..and never any pint?

: Mrgreen:

ps: still you just confirmed what I said yesterday on https://www.econologie.com/forums/eco-tartuf ... 95-40.html

Exactly, except that, with equivalent money input, the money saved on your trips, you will spend it sooner or later elsewhere ... in another form!
0 x