Pantone and aviation ??

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pantone and aviation ??

by Forumecolo » 11/01/06, 21:15

Hello everybody
Completely new to the Pantone system, I was wondering if this process could possibly be adapted to the aeronautical industry ??
Because pollution issue, they are the champions ... Several tons of CO² for a single long haul trip !!!

Merki to you !!

@ soon

: Wink:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 12/01/06, 01:27

Hello
l had a very conservative world, except in wartime
this is fine technology and we try everything
In peacetime aviation before putting anything on an airplane it must prove itself by x and when has the pollution
this is not a convincing argument, autonomy comes before.
To give you an idea how conservative they are
The piston engines on aircraft have technology from the 1945 years. (truck engines)
Before 1970 legally the engines could only run on non-detergent Mongolian mineral oil
in the 80 years legally we used multigrade detergent oil
In the 90 years, you can legally use semi synthetic oil.
I pass you for everything else but in aviation, this must have proven itself on cars for a long time.

Andre
0 x
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 12/01/06, 13:02

So in fact, the answer to my question would be according to you:
- Yes it is possible to optimize aircraft engines with a system inspired by Pantone ...
- But the Pantone system must first prove itself on car engines for 2 generations before being adapted to aeronautics ...
- except maybe in wartime ... which I don't want of course :?

Well, it's not very encouraging !!
Merki of your answer :P
0 x
Asgard bone tyr
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)

by Asgard bone tyr » 12/01/06, 13:24

Let us not forget that during the 2war world these concepts were used (by the Germans) to fly over the allies !!! someone stop me if i'm wrong !!! so yes it is possible because it has already been achieved !!
0 x
Other

by Other » 12/01/06, 16:06

Hello Asgard
As for the BF-109 Gustav
the injection of water into the Daimler V12, the reason was not for the economy like us, the role of water was to be able
use the compressor without auto-ignition and increase the power in combat, and for good reason the spits had inflate their Rols R engine.
the disadvantage you have to take on water mixed with alcohol
it's cold at 15000 feet.

Moreover the fuel of the Germans was weaker in octane than that of the Americans (quite simply because Europe did not know how to recognize the researches of a French engineer who in the years 20 had developed a system of Cracking of petroleum who gave fuel at high octane, he is going to exploit his ideas in the USA)

Go see on Christophe's notes there is a paragraph on this subject.

If you want information about the BF-109 I have a vast documentation on this plane, which was of a simplicity of construction.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/06, 16:51

André's explanation is perfectly correct and here is the article in question: https://www.econologie.com/par-daimler-b ... es-84.html

Kevin, I put you a special rank (TF1 + develop) as well as a new avatar ... because I think I deleted yours without doing it on purpose :( IF you don't like, put it in another recess ...
0 x