N2H4 Hydrazine Space Fuel, Destruction of a Satellite

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

N2H4 Hydrazine Space Fuel, Destruction of a Satellite

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 11:56

Hydrazine N2H4 is well used as space fuel as indicated in this article despite the typo:

The United States shot down a former spy satellite
NOUVELOBS.COM | 21.02.2008 | 11: 19

The US Navy shot down a former spy satellite that was threatening to crash onto Earth using a missile fired from a ship in the Pacific Ocean. Worried, Beijing claims information from Washington.

(...)

Toxic fuel

The objective of this unprecedented mission was not only to reach the satellite, but also to destroy a tank on board the craft containing 450kg of hydrozyne, a toxic fuel which could be fatal if inhaled.
The American authorities had declared before that this fuel could represent a danger for the population if it reached an inhabited area. The probability of such a scenario was considered to be insignificant, but the Defense Department had decided to guard against any risk by shooting down the satellite.
Officials said it would take at least a day to be sure the tank was destroyed.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... spion.html
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/02/08, 12:10

If in addition, there are toxic products that revolve around the earth !!! : Shock:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 12:15

Uh honestly I prefer to see them in space than in my lungs right? I think it must also have some small nuclear reactors also in orbit ... we did well nuclear planes so pkoi not sattelites?

Nuclear propulsion is in any case planned to go to Mars ...

Personally I would be for an evacuation of the ultimate nuclear waste from the earth (to send it to the sun) via an electromagnetic launcher ... (a big gun)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 12:27

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/08, 13:20

Hello everybody

Hydrazine is just a pretext ...

The USA only had advantages in destroying this satellite:
- destruction of confidential data in the satellite
- demonstration of force and technology (anti-missile missile ...)
- destruction of probably high-tech materials not to drop into the hands of the enemy
- and the highlight of the show: advocating the seriousness and the ecological concern of the USA, what a beautiful proof of civic responsibility!

By the way, these imbeciles of Americans pollute a little more the near suburb of the earth with fragments capable of destroying a new satellite at the moment when one puts it in orbit.

Thank you Uncle Bens, with you it's always a success : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 13:50

+1 for the pretext and I add: the American-American pride because the Chinese had already done it 13 months ago (persisted almost unnoticed at the time obviously) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/08, 14:22

Again, the USA does as it pleases, moreover, I wonder if it is allowed what they did, that is to say disgust voluntarily space.

Normally, satellites have to fall back to earth, somewhere in the middle of an ocean, and burn a little bit in the atmosphere, that does the housework, at least.

For "pride", of course ... France is also proud, but only has the means to be arrogant.

The pride of Americans is to make the powder speak ... even when it is deeply unjustified ... :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 14:25

:) But what about the Ricans? so that you love them so little?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/08, 15:20

They did nothing to me, I like a priori an American all alone, and even more an American : Cheesy:

But I hate their ruling elite. She spends her time taking the rest of the world for less than nothing (this is sometimes the case, I put myself in the lot with France), but especially for imbeciles (not always the case ...).

If Mac Cane passes (likely), you will see the bronx that it risks to put in Iran ... it is not that far from home that that ... and in addition, it will bring us to our knees on the oil...

I think we will be served :?

@+
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/02/08, 16:24

Hello
They did nothing to me, I like a priori an American all alone, and even more an American

But I hate their ruling elite. She spends her time taking the rest of the world for less than nothing (this is sometimes the case, I put myself in the lot with France), but especially for imbeciles (not always the case ...).

Another one who thinks that elected officials are leading, or that Americans are leading, Americans are people like you and me, go take a walk around their house, they also suffer what their leaders direct, make them do, not those they have elected, but those who pull the strings, and it is the same ones who pull the strings in France which gradually will monopolize all the industry of France, Steelworks or is Arcelor? Oil or is the real French capital?

I understand that the American people are proud of their flag, that they are patriotic, and that is normal, just as the French is proud of their country, you read Paris Match or any French document, when an invention is made it specifies a Frenchman made ... Rarely does he write a Spanish, or an Italian, just for Nobel sometimes he mentions it, and it is normal that a newspaper in country makes his population feel that he is in a prosperous country
It is not for nothing that they report on poor or disadvantaged countries, meanwhile they no longer know how to get out with the health budget, but it shows us that is even better than those the , and it's true .. Being better by comparison and a seller's argument

For America, this is where the powerful established cartier and part is in London, these powerful have no nationality they have a foothold where the pushes $ e when it is easy to get around the taxation .

Andre
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"