Pantone engine on golf 2 GTD, help please

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
rs955
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone engine on golf 2 GTD, help please

by rs955 » 30/06/09, 13:50

Hello all people !!

I just found out about this forum the principle of the Pantone engine.
Only I don't understand anything, or at least I have questions ...

I bought yesterday a golf 2 GTD (intercooler) RA engine

Which process is active? between the GVI GV and other abbreviations, I did not understand anything and am lost for the time being.

How it works? the most recent principle I hear.

Engine reliability?

Interview?

Technical control?

Performance? if it's to drag me like an endive it's not great. I don't want F1 either : Cheesy:

I understand that part of the water vapor goes into the combustion chamber, am I wrong? if this is the case the injectors must not like it too much and the pistons even less. (assumption)

If someone has the motivation to make me a little drawing I am interested. Please use simple terms to explain, I am neither a mechanic (it's just a hobbi), nor an engineer :D

And if I understand everything there is a chance that I will get started! :D

See you soon good day
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 30/06/09, 13:55

Hello rs955

And why not start with a little research on the site and the forum, just to find that most of your questions have already been addressed elsewhere?

https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

cordially
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/06/09, 14:58

And welcome to the "club"!

I would even say more, Christine, econology is full of information on pantone!

Meow, greetings from the econology cat
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
rs955
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rs955 » 30/06/09, 22:41

thanks for "the info" but if I post it is because I did not find what I am looking for.

There are several systems apparently: which one is used?
nobody talks about the pitting phenomenon ...

Well, it doesn't matter for the rest of my questions.
goodbye
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 01/07/09, 14:15

Do not lose sight of the fact that many participants here are people who all work "the holy week" and can only answer the WE ...
Try to put us pictures respecting the procedure indicated, if you need help, my Skype is under my avatar ...

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/07/09, 15:28

rs955 wrote:There are several systems apparently: which one is used?
nobody talks about the pitting phenomenon ...
Well in fact there are no statistics on "Pantone or similar" mounts.
If montages with Bulleurs are the most widespread, the GV are developing ...

Le pitting, what's this. :?:
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 01/07/09, 18:01

it's not worth it on this engine, you might as well run on oil and lighten it up a bit, you will consume less without breaking your head ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 01/07/09, 18:56

Hello,

the step that comes before that of "pantonizing" your car is to question its driving

a little anecdote:

I had the opportunity to chat with a person who installed a retrokit on his Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel
he announced a 20% drop in consumption: going from an average of 5 liters / 100 to an average of 4 liters.

however with the same vehicle, unmodified and that I kept more than a year I noted an average consumption of 4 liters per 100

I specify that we made the same type of trips: mainly road + a little city and a little highway

what is the consumption of your G2 GTD?

this engine should in my opinion be around 5 liters / 100 with economical driving

if you're tired, start by checking the tire pressure, the air filter, cleaning the injectors ... then question your driving.

As the carburologist says, this car is also very well suited for running on oil (indirect injection, bosh pump, injectors at 155 bar)

that said, if you want to experiment with water doping, go ahead it can be exciting .... but I also doubt that you will get significant results with this car
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 01/07/09, 20:09

155 bars of pressure, and those of g3 td 90 cv, you know how much there are to reset ??? 170 + -, your tone on my skoda atmo 1.9 diesel atmo, it could improve something ???

sorry for the hs, otherwise as said gaston it is one of the vehicles to tolerate huge percentage of oil, but it is still necessary that the pump is in good health ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 01/07/09, 20:24

carburologue wrote:155 bars of pressure, and those of g3 td 90 cv, you know how much there are to reset ??? 170 + -, your tone on my skoda atmo 1.9 diesel atmo, it could improve something ???

FYI, there is no G3 TD 90hp, it only makes 75 from the top of its 1.9 while the golf 2 1.6 td of rs955 develops 80

or are you talking about TDi (low pressure direct injection) ???

to answer your question, it would surprise me that they are more than 150 bars on the TD (indirect injection)

you can always ask the question on oliomobile ...
0 x