How to make a solar lamp with interruption. crepuscular

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Krisspops
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to make a solar lamp with interruption. crepuscular

by Krisspops » 17/07/10, 16:02

Hello,

I have the idea of ​​building a small column of solar powered lights for my balcony.
Concretely, I would like the same principle as the small garden lamps that one finds everywhere, but with a higher power, capable of providing "real lighting", at least to be able to do a little reading while it is dark for example.
The only problem is that electricity is not my strong point ... I looked on the store, and I would like to know if someone can tell me if it will meet my expectations or not.

Solar cell (1 alone sufficient?):
https://www.econologie.com/shop/cellule ... p-111.html

Solar battery

Solar switch (compatible with the rest?):
https://www.econologie.com/shop/interru ... p-251.html

And side lamps is very vague I do not have too much idea, the column would be about 107cm tall so I would see 3 or 4 lamps.

And what's more, do you need a solar regulator? Or other...?

Many thanks in advance!

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/07/10, 18:42

Wow! Will have to revise the elec course a bit! :D I don't have time now, see you tomorrow!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/07/10, 00:54

We must already define what "real lighting" is (what lamp power) and for how long it should be provided (and incidentally for what period of the year)

But I can already predict that a single cell will not be enough given the goal.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/10, 11:17

Ah who knows, maybe with a mega fresnel lens above? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Krisspops
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Krisspops » 18/07/10, 11:47

So DIY, hack of all kinds I do a lot but for lighting and electronics in general, I'm really not stalled :?

So to give a vague idea for the lighting I would like something just a little more powerful (if possible) than the garden lights that we can find everywhere. (Ex: in false rock or even snails ...)
At the risk of contradicting myself, if I take 4 from these same weak bulbs can the lighting be sufficient?

I am not looking for insane autonomy! Just 2h 3h ....? (if it is not too much asked of course! :? )

Would 2 cells from 2V suffice rather than just one? I need a minimal footprint. And does this type of cell need to be in direct contact with the sun? Or is the simple light of day enough? : Oops:

Finally, it would be mainly for summer.

The thank you box
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 18/07/10, 12:04

Hello,

The problem is badly posed, that's all!
1- Determine the necessary and sufficient lighting. For example a headlamp with three LEDs or another gadget with LEDs. This will solve the need for power. (current and voltage)
2- Maximum duration desired will give the necessary storage ....
3- Knowing that the sun recharges the batteries for about three hours on average each day, we can then determine the number of cells needed and the capacity of the batteries ....

Here is a coherent approach which will reserve some surprises of dimensioning ....

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/07/10, 14:03

3 hours a day you are pessimistic anyway.
in summer with a sun rising at 6h and setting at 22h, depending on the orientation we can still hope for more 3h of charge : Cheesy:
On my installation according to the consumption that I made the day before, often my batteries are charged at 10h in the morning
0 x
Krisspops
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Krisspops » 18/07/10, 14:04

I see .. This type of cell can be used in which cases then?
Suppose I want to mount 4 1W bulb I would need an 12V 5W panel like this? (https://www.econologie.com/shop/panneau- ... p-109.html)

If I absolutely want to use the small 2V 200mA 0,4W cells, what type of bulbs can be used?

"Forhorse" I was talking more about 3 hours of autonomy! :D
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 18/07/10, 18:54

Hello,

Absolutely ! to have 4 W for 3 hours, you must have a panel of 5 Wc in full sun and in addition a battery of 1 Ah at least ...

For 2 V 0.2 A cells, only "classic" LEDs can be used or power LEDs with battery storage and low autonomy ......

For Forhorse: This result of 3 hours of full sun is the result of more than a year of measurements in an isolated site ..... it is an average over a year .....

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/07/10, 19:07

all depand where you place your lamps: if your garden is a desert without trees and without construction it will charge more than 3 hours per day ...

but as soon as you want a slightly stronger power than the very small lamps I prefer to centralize a little: big battery and big panel well placed, and lighting circuit with electric wire

it allows the solar panel to be used for something other than lighting
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"