anti wasps nest recipe green?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/06/10, 16:18

I read the site of our friend of the wasps and from what I understood I could very well have left this nest (note that I still hesitated a few days to weigh the pros and cons. .. but without knowledge about wasps difficult to make the right decision)
Next time I would leave it, since obviously the nest is deserted at the start of winter, which is the period when the horses have returned, cohabitation is therefore possible.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/06/10, 18:24

Careful, guys, multiple wasp stings can be deadly. I no longer have the photo, but the 2 or 3 times when I had to destroy a nest, it was the super outfit: boots, overalls, gloves, elastic bands on the wrists, cardboard scarf and helm with plastic window: super nice in summer.

Just at sunset when they got home

finally, the most difficult is to find a product that can be injected into a hole

there may be the solution to wait for them at dawn with a vacuum cleaner :D but i never tried.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 18:42

I went to pay them a little visit in the shed and here is the result in photos.

He finally has 6 wasp nests (and may be hornets but I doubt it doesn't look like that?) Of varying sizes and states (at least 3 are still in use because I saw wasps enter it). All this in a 2x2m shed!

Suffice to say that I didn't hang in there! : Cheesy:

Apparently there would have been some conflict to believe the devastated nests because in March there was nothing ... all date from spring!

Hornets eat the wasps if I understood correctly ... maybe that was what he was looking for the hornet the other day! : Cheesy:

The state of the penultimate is still intriguing ... it can only be another attack from I don't know what ...

So what do I do? I let the hornet war continue Vs wasps or I intervene?

elephant wrote:Careful, guys, multiple wasp stings can be deadly. I no longer have the photo, but the 2 or 3 times when I had to destroy a nest, it was the super outfit: boots, overalls, gloves, elastic bands on the wrists, cardboard scarf and helm with plastic window: super nice in summer.

Can a photo be? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 06 / 10, 18: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 29/06/10, 18:43

And here is our Elephant friend caught in the act!

: Mrgreen:

More seriously, you should know that when the bees plant their sting in the skin, it continues to rotate, to drill (to inject the venom as deep as possible in the flesh), and releases olfactory substances (enzymes) which alert the other bees from the hive of danger at a specific location: then, regiments are dispatched to complete the prey. So beware if you get stung by bees! The venom is more harmful than that of wasps ...

One summer in the mountains in Chatel, I got stung on my arm by a bee, then two others came to turn around me, one of which tried to attack me (without my making unnecessary and exiting gestures to try to remove).
It's funny, because the other two arrived 40 seconds later, so I took a good handful of dry sandy soil, I threw myself all over it, and a second handle in the air to disturb them and make them flee .

Do it if you get attacked by wasps or bees! It gives you a little chance not to get bitten.

In any case there on motorbike I am starting to be wary that there is not one who comes to dance in the helmet ... There have been deaths like that! And I don't want to end like this 8)
Last edited by Econosaurus the 29 / 06 / 10, 18: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 18:48

Ah ah econo same idea!
But no, it's not him!
I want the original! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/06/10, 18:59

Econosaurus said:
And here is our Elephant friend caught in the act!

No, no, actually Christophe is right. But sorry, I moved 2 times since and lost the photo!

What Econosaurus shows us is luxury, comfortable and everything, almost a fashion photo. Me, just to see me, the wasps had the pepette!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/06/10, 20:47

One day while clearing an old barn I came across a wasp nest which was installed in an old haystack.
I got rid of everything around it, made a big fire, then grabbed the inhabited haystack with a fork ... and I ran with it as quickly as possible until I put the boot in the fire.
Result: 5 bites in a few minutes! not even hurt : Mrgreen:
Not without messing around it still heats a wasp sting well, and 5 in a row it does not feel good.
The worst part is that they came to get me even when I had placed myself in the thick smoke of my fire where I thought I was protected. What yes! I quickly moved away from the place of the genocide to come back later once everyone had calmed down.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/06/10, 22:10

Let us not overlook the danger of wasp stings. One of my friends once walked on a wasp nest. Immediate hospitalization, etc ...
He was warned that the slightest news bite could kill him by anaphylactic shock!
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 30/06/10, 01:09

elephant wrote:He was warned that the slightest news bite could kill him by anaphylactic shock!

: Shock: Ultra allergic then ...
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/10, 01:18

Not allergic in short and it is quite frequent ... at least not extremely rare!

And as there are more and more people with allergies ... it risks being worse and worse ...

What do you want, we can not stop progress: by dint of vaccination and living in an increasingly sanitized world, our immune system is no longer working enough and has the wrong targets ... hey yes the job is is health : Lol:

I'm not even talking about chronic food poisoning : Cheesy:
0 x