Linky meter: Operating and user manual?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Linky meter: Operating and user manual?

by Christophe » 10/06/10, 14:29

Following this discussion on meter replacement ERDF / EDF electromechanical electronicallyI created this topic to know a little better how this new counter generation, called Linky!

This subject is technical and aims to understand the features and benefits of these new meters but also the risks and abuse that these features could bring! Incidentally, we already read this interesting article http://www.bastamag.net/article890.html recounting the Swedish and Italian case (thank you Gegyx)

Regarding the controversy over the cost of meter replacement, refer to the orginal topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/compteurs- ... t9744.html

So I start collecting info with a very general extract from S&V from January 2010:

A datasheet of Siemens electronic electricity meter is available here. It shows the main functions of the electronic meter including "remote" communication which is the main one.

First question, what is the carrier of information online linky?

The telephone line or the current? And in case of communication breakdown? The current is cut? : Mrgreen: : Evil:

According to this scheme it is a hybrid system using the electric power line to a relay which pass through the GPRS after:

Excerpt from datasheet above:

6.2.2 Link Characteristics

The principle of communication is an amplitude modulation in all or nothing from one carrier to 50 kHz. The logic is negative.

- a bit emitted at "0" corresponds to the presence of a carrier during the corresponding time.
- a bit emitted at "1" corresponds to the absence of a carrier during the corresponding time.
After demodulation, there is a conventional asynchronous link with characteristics
are the following:
- 1200 transmission speed bit / s
- Coding all the information in ASCII format (displayable)
-> 7 bits to represent an ASCII character
-> 1 parity bit, even parity (even)
- a start bit before each logical "0" character
- a stop bit after each logical "1" character

Are some pirates who are going to have a field day !! To be continued ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/12/10, 10:29

An article on Linky via Landys Gyr, an engineering & technical studies company in Montluçon

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 17:09

Extract from the Letters to the Editor on the Linky meters in the last Que Choisir (02 / 2011)

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/02/11, 15:51

Linky it may be, like the language, the best and the worst thing ...

It all depends on how it will be used ... and in the context of rising energy prices, appetites will be great : Idea:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/02/11, 21:59

Remundo wrote:Linky it may be, like the language, the best and the worst thing ...

It all depends on how it will be used ... and in the context of rising energy prices, appetites will be great : Idea:
It is above all conceived in an "anti-social" economic logic which goes against the well-being of users and their right of access to energy. It will cut around 10.000 meter reading jobs as well as a number of jobs in billing services. It will allow the operator to remotely cut the power line.

In short, the Linky is seen against the trend of dehumanization companies.
When I see that it is impossible to terminate a bank account in my way to the counter, I must write a letter.
Imagine how you will solve a dispute ...
(National information recounted yesterday a subscriber facing a bug EDF has taken him 60.000 € electricity !!!)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/02/11, 22:19

Accurate and clear citro soon he will have to fight against robots in automated business without nearly all humans become unemployed !!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 04/02/11, 09:06

but certainly as Remundo, I would say that this kind of equipment can be used for better or worse.
the best thing is that in a future context where there will be enormous tensions on energy and where production will have great difficulty in keeping up with demand, the "smart grids" will be those who will do the least badly ( those which will obviously function) by operating a decentralized regulation and rotating load shedding.
Everything has interest in developing these systems as we are still in the context of energy and opulence or there is time to do so. I knew in Beirut unannounced power cuts daily hours or everyone takes on a very precarious network, that we could come too.
Then the grief cry minds inexcusable the attacks against individual freedoms, and why not the price we pay, why not.
I think this is a spoiled child discussion.
now, i am not denying that there are also huge financial stakes behind all of this, but technically i think smart grids are a good solution.

time will tell
0 x
Click my signature
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/02/11, 13:34

dirk pitt wrote:... I would say that this kind of equipment can be used for better or worse.
the best thing is that in a future context where there will be enormous tensions on energy and where production will have great difficulty in keeping up with demand, the "smart grids" will be those who will do the least badly ( those which will obviously function) by operating a decentralized regulation and rotating load shedding.
Everything has interest in developing these systems as we are still in the context of energy and opulence or there is time to do so. I knew in Beirut unannounced power cuts daily hours or everyone takes on a very precarious network, It could happen to us.
This is happening in many countries, including "rich countries". In some emirates, these cuts are made daily in ghetto neighborhoods inhabited by "immigrant workers" (a modern form of slavery) so as not to cause discomfort in wealthy neighborhoods ...
One can well imagine such abuses at home, but house by house ... through Linky
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/02/11, 15:18

[Edit] bad quote, dsl
citro wrote:In some emirates, these cuts are made daily in ghetto neighborhoods inhabited by "immigrant workers" (a modern form of slavery) so as not to cause discomfort in wealthy neighborhoods ...

Use such terms is not very good in my opinion. We must not mix everything except the words no longer mean anything.
Clearly, this is (perhaps) of discrimination, but talk of slavery is inappropriate ...
Last edited by bamboo the 04 / 02 / 11, 15: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 04/02/11, 15:29

citro wrote:... One can well imagine such abuses at home, but house by house ... through Linky

I think you're going a bit far.
of course we can imagine everything, the best as the worst but unless proven otherwise, we are not in this case and I find that "technically", incorporating a PLC chip in all household appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and the freezer fridge would be a good way to "erase" them for a few minutes in turn during peak periods to avoid blackouts.
I personally do not see it as an infringement of my individual liberty or interference in my private life, but I am perhaps not enough "conspiracy theory"
0 x

Click my signature