DC electric motor, and consumer information

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 22:23

why a maximum output I only need 4000w not 6500w so it will work normally no?
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 22:28

If it will operate normally, only according to the power it delivers, its performance is not the same. Out here the goal is to have the lowest possible consumption, therefore a maximum output. This efficiency is normally given in the documentation of the generator set.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: thanks

by Other » 03/08/09, 03:22

Hello

lamure wrote:4kW motor 1500 rpm Axis height 112mm

Protection: IP 55
Insulation class: F
Warm-up class: B
Finishing paint: Blue or gray
Application: Primary layer (ep 30 μm) and topcoat for all industrial environments (ep 45-90 μm) according to IEC 721-2-1.
Engine complies with IEC 34 - 1 / 9, 85, 57530 / VDE 0530-1291 with premium SKF, FAG, NSK or NTN ball bearings.
Coiled motor with vacuum impregnated copper wire with a tropicalized varnish.
The motors are designed to be used for the main voltages as specified in DIN / IEC 38 with a maximum tolerance of +/- 10%.
Ambient temperature: -35 ° C to + 40 ° C.
Standard terminal box position on the top.
here for my project I consider a small electric cart powered by batteries and a generator in case of failure, the engine is it powerful enough to advance my car at a speed 60km / h? how much battery should I put in serie to supply my engine?

(1500rpm corresponds to a voltage for shunt motors)

The main feature is missing.

Voltage, amperage, type of excitation series, shunt, compound
or separated now more often than not it's permanent magnet
(for all practical purposes maximum excitation shunt)
At startup there is a small loss depending on the type of controller
which all act on the voltage that we apply to the motor
the power of these motors is directly proportional to the voltage x amperage that the motor consumes.
their performance is excellent for high power engines
where the efficiency drops it is when we exceed the maximum amperage of the motor the loss is in internal heat in the winding wire and a little in the laminated sheet metal circuit of the rotor and a little in friction in the brushes bearing and internal ventilation of the motor.

This type of engine also performs well when used at low power. (95% and more for large, well-built engines)

the voltage which is applied to the motor determines its speed of rotation
the amperage passing through the motor determines its torque

Andre
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 03/08/09, 08:13

0 x
Other

by Other » 03/08/09, 16:33

Hello
boubka wrote:https://www.econologie.com/forums/post128294.html#128294

I had not read, the explanations may become long

the cases of diesel engine which enters a generator then coupled to electric motors are found on locomotives used in marshalling yards for reasons of frequent departure and high starting torque, all at the expense of efficiency
using a generator with a heat engine and electric motor is a bad idea economically.
It's just a question of flexibility and strong transmission torque.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/08/09, 11:55

Andre wrote:the cases of diesel engine which enters a generator then coupled to electric motors are found on locomotives used in marshalling yards for reasons of frequent departure and high starting torque, all at the expense of efficiency
using a generator with a heat engine and electric motor is a bad idea economically.
It's just a question of flexibility and strong transmission torque.
Aaah ...
I admit that it is neither economical nor light ...

I thought on the other hand that by associating this configuration with storage batteries we had the best possible hybridization.

1 / The heat engine always works at its maximum efficiency.
2 / The excess energy supplied by the motor is sent to the batteries instead of being lost.

So apart from the weight, there are only gains in yield.
- Elimination of losses in the mechanical transmission (clutch, gearbox ...)
- The electrical losses remain reasonable.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/08/09, 12:42

hello citro
The heat engine always works at its maximum efficiency.

30 or 40 percent max, it's already ugly
The excess energy supplied by the motor is sent to the batteries instead of being lost.

in the case of a conventional thermal vehicle, the engine modulates its power as a function of demand and energy is not lost.
Elimination of losses in the mechanical transmission (clutch, gearbox ...)

decrease but not deletion, there are still quite a few (differential, carding, etc.)
So apart from the weight, there are only gains in yield.

oh well for me the yield remains very low compare to a conventional thermal formula.
es stokcage batteries we had the best possible hybridization.

it is maybe not bad (even better with a gas oil turbine) but the main propulsion is the thermal (and not the elec), the batteries are a backup or a recovery
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/08/09, 01:13

Hello boubka.
The maximum efficiency of a heat engine can be around 40% but in practice it collapses to less than 25% ...
So the choice of a generator operating at maximum efficiency can be defended ...

When a heat engine "modulates its power according to demand", its efficiency collapses.
When the same engine is idling or decelerating, energy is indeed lost.

My modest 106 without being phenomenal, is devoid of clutch.
Its transmission includes certain cardan shafts, a differential and even a reduction gear. Despite everything, I still think that its performance and its weight are better than on thermals ...

By the way, from plug to wheel, the 106 electric consumes 20kWh of electricity per 100km (72MJ / 100km) or the energy equivalent of 2 liters of fuel ...
:?
That said, I consider the performance of my electric car to be poor, just as I am convinced that we can build cars consuming 2 liters per 100km ...
It's not Michel Kieffer who will say the opposite. : Arrowl:
0 x