World Energy 2030 projection: reminders for dreamers

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 19/08/08, 01:49

Well, that’s a blow to morale.
Basically, nothing will really change, good news for the climate and pollution!
Weeeee ...

And again, we see that transport is the biggest consumer, but I had already read that it was far from being the case and that housing was as much consumer and industries even more!

What to believe?
We look forward to seeing you!
Dreamer
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/08/08, 11:30

:D Found on a forum 2004
: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
In the South-West, the tax services demand the payment of taxes on petroleum products to an artisan-farmer who runs his vehicles with a sunflower-based fuel (new view on TV a few months ago)

A chance ? Not sure if I believe some articles here and there !!

Assuming a barrel at 60 dollars, the big winners will be the oil companies and AREVA. Companies will find that heavy oil or oil extracted from sandy subsoils will become profitable. The Algeria that produces this oil will see its economy explode thanks to its exports. Russia will make tens of billions of dollars. For AREVA and the other companies working in the nuclear sector, they will fare well because, mechanically, the increase in the price of oil leads to that of coal: as a result, countries using thermal power plants will see the price per KWh rise: only 3 countries will escape to this crisis: France, Belgium and Finland ........

If the barrel were to reach 80 dollars, do you know which company will be the most profitable ?????
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 19/08/08, 12:03

why would belgium escape a crisis ???
:?:
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 19/08/08, 12:03

HI HI, an 80 dollar barrel that said the other : Lol:

It went up to 150 and there it is 110 ....

In my opinion, none of these forecasts is the right one, because every time we make forecasts and models, we get confused.

And if everything was called into question by an outburst of the elements (cyclones, droughts, etc.) which would destroy any exploitation and transport of oil, and that epidemics of disease still unknown to this day makes disappear half of the population , and that magnetic disturbances from solar activity disturb and prevent any magnetic storage on DD, any communication and exchanges by internet ... etc; one can imagine many other scenarios.

Under current conditions and if they should continue, I will opt for an increase in the consumption of fossil products to the last drop and after that there will still be coal and gas which are in much greater quantity in the basement .

PS: ah yes, I forgot a small nuclear war as a final bouquet of the fireworks, because we will find a fool to press the button (the US has found it to hit Hiroshima and Nagazaky) .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/08, 12:18

martien007 wrote:HI HI, an 80 dollar barrel that said the other : Lol:

It went up to 150 and there it is 110 ....

People's immobility is matched only by their thirst for consumption ...
:|
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/08/08, 20:20

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/08/08, 20:27

0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 19/08/08, 21:49

Note that sometimes I start to doubt all the certainties about the climate.
Due to the methodology used.
For example we have all heard that Greenland is melting, but we do not say as often (if not at all) that it is only the edge that melts, and that in the center the ice thickens.
By cons we do not fail to remind each time that the sea may rise etc, which is far from the truth since the rise is done in mm ...

Not to mention the suspicions that the RC is used to force an undemocratic world government that decides for tlm.

Dreamer
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 21/08/08, 15:40

Despite all the admiration I have for "the underdogs", I must say that I find their analysis downright light.

It is based solely on reports from the OECD, the WB, the EIA and the IEA, which are known to be champions of growth fairly earth-platists. He even cuts off all debate by declaring that these reports and forecasts are the most reliable. Too easy.

Once again, confusion is created between demand and consumption. We consider that the energy (and mining) demand is automatically satisfied, ignoring any availability problem. It is not tenable.

It is all the more curious that the books cited at the end of the issue are quite trendy peak-oil works! We would have liked the guys who put on the show to read them before reciting the highly oriented views of the institutions cited as parrots. We wouldn't give a damn about our gu ... e ?!

In short, not a reference all that.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/08, 15:59

Rulian wrote:Despite all the admiration I have for "the underdogs", I must say that I find their analysis downright light.

Ah ah ah I don't know pkoi but I was sure (that it would not please you) !! : Cheesy:

Ben looks at the CME curves on the first page ... are not so "different" ...
0 x