Ecology, the great scam. The book not to read.

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ecology, the big scam. The book not to read.

by Leo Maximus » 23/01/18, 15:16

Christophe wrote:... 79 years is good, you should not hurt too much for humanity ...

I do not agree. For me, Christian Gerondeau has become a comedian. He is a buffoon of ecology, like Claude Allègre. It pollutes us waves and literature but, finally, it makes us laugh and laughter is good for health!

He reminds me of Mohammad Saïd al-Sahhaf, nicknamed "Ali the Comic" who intervened in the media during the Gulf War by telling nonsense and triggering hilarity. We later learned that he was being paid for it.

C. Gerondeau was invited by RTL to give his opinion on alternating traffic. He reveals that atmospheric pollution has no negative effect on health. "His" proof: life expectancy is as high in Shanghai as in Brittany ! :

It's between 3: 00 and 3: 15 on this video:

(total duration 6: 34)

I went to see on aquicn.org pollution in Shanghai and Rennes.

Result, here is what we get in Shanghai: 220 rate, very bad for the health.

Shanghai aqicn.jpg
Shanghai pollution
Shanghai aqicn.jpg (71.19 KIO) Viewed 3707 times

Then in Rennes, Boulevard Laennec, downtown: 11 rate, good.

Rennes aqicn.jpg
Rennes aqicn.jpg (60.97 KIO) Accessed 3707 times

I would like to believe that we live as long in Shanghai as in Brittany but I prefer to breathe the air of Brittany. : Lol:

Thank you Mr. Gerondeau and long live pollution! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/18, 16:02

Leo Maximus wrote:I do not agree. For me, Christian Gerondeau has become a comedian. He is a buffoon of ecology, like Claude Allègre. It pollutes us waves and literature but, finally, it makes us laugh and laughter is good for health!

He reminds me of Mohammad Saïd al-Sahhaf, nicknamed "Ali the Comic" who intervened in the media during the Gulf War by telling nonsense and triggering hilarity. We later learned that he was being paid for it.

C. Gerondeau was invited by RTL to give his opinion on alternating traffic. He reveals that atmospheric pollution has no negative effect on health. "His" proof: life expectancy is as high in Shanghai as in Brittany ! :

Life expectancy is already life expectancy in the year of birth: it is fixed for all life and pollution has no impact on the life expectancy of today's living ! On the other hand, pollution has an impact on the average age of death (much lower than life expectancy but we talk a lot less ... of course ... in France this average is less than 50 years for men)

Then it is not the life expectancy or even the average of the dead which must be taken into account in the pollution but the economic-social-health impact! The days of illness, the years in "good health" etc etc ... And there I doubt that the Chinese of Shanghai live as well as our Bretons! (and on the statistical figures, can you believe it? Suffice to say that China is a democracy !!!)

Actually seen as it can stay ... Mr Gerondeau is a jester ... I still see 2 problems:

a) the buffoon catches the eye ... it's even their first definition !!
b) do the spectators know that he is a jester? Insiders like you, the general public?

Anyway thank you for these details on the character!

ps: Michael Moore has the same "image of the jester", in the USA he is classified as "comic" ... and yet ... the societal themes he addresses are far from being !!! : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/18, 16:11

Leo Maximus wrote:C. Gerondeau was invited by RTL to give his opinion on alternating traffic. He reveals that atmospheric pollution has no negative effect on health. "His" proof: life expectancy is as high in Shanghai as in Brittany !

Another note: why in these shows we invite people like him and not like us?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/01/18, 16:45

Christophe, you write:
Suffice to say that China is a democracy!

Yes! Yes! China is a democracy, just like North Korea, the proof is written on it! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
That's probably what this puppet would have said to you ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/01/18, 18:07

I do not know Gérondeau and therefore without opinion on the individual.
But, his conclusion is not so wrong! However, (to take a parallel) he seems to react as vis-à-vis an individual who would let his car deteriorate over time and who would seek at once to repair the wear and tear of time with great strokes putty to hide the degradation of the scrap, the tearing of the tissues by covers, worn joints that make use the tires, not to be concerned so far, considering not having the means to deal with them in his days. Now, and there he is right, it costs more as time passes and has passed. However, defend the putty at all costs (which is cheaper temporarily than a passage in sheet metal, which leaves the impression that it can last a long time ... until the nuclear accident, much more expensive than ecological measures, that's not the solution either.
Many "ecologists" before their time, had well foreseen that to veil the face in the name of a quickly made and profitable economy, without worrying about the future of this ground and our survival, would turn into the inevitable catastrophe.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/01/18, 19:37

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:C. Gerondeau was invited by RTL to give his opinion on alternating traffic. He reveals that atmospheric pollution has no negative effect on health. "His" proof: life expectancy is as high in Shanghai as in Brittany !

Another note: why in these shows we invite people like him and not like us?

On the RTL show there is another guest in the person of Benoît Hartmann from France Nature Environnement.

Right here : https://www.francetvinfo.fr/meteo/clima ... 78057.html . Benoît Hartmann welcomes the new measures concerning the automobile but protests against the absence of a "pedestrian bonus". He would like to encourage the abandonment of the car by a bonus.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/01/18, 22:00

Christophe wrote:... Life expectancy is already life expectancy in the year of birth: it is fixed for all life and pollution has no impact on the life expectancy of today's living ! On the other hand, pollution has an impact on the average age of death (much lower than life expectancy but we talk a lot less ... of course ... in France this average is less than 50 years for men)...

What surprises me is that there is no one to contradict the Gérondeau. For lack of time, maybe? Yves Calvi's show is live.

In Brittany, life expectancy is high but it has been greatly reduced in those who have worked in air polluted by asbestos. In shipyards and arsenals in St-Nazaire, Brest, Nantes, Lorient, etc ..., we had tens of thousands of premature deaths by air pollution. : Shock: And it continues !

In China, there would be 500000 premature deaths a year because of air pollution. Source: Chinese TV channels (from South Korea and the US, accuracy needed):

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/18, 02:15

Leo Maximus wrote:Right here : https://www.francetvinfo.fr/meteo/clima ... 78057.html . Benoît Hartmann welcomes the new measures concerning the automobile but protests against the absence of a "pedestrian bonus". He would like to encourage the abandonment of the car by a bonus.

In the year 2000 (hey yes!) I had proposed to the head of transport of the CUS (Urban Community of Strasbourg) to set up a kind of premium for Strasbourg residents who used their bike rather than their car.

I was kindly sent on the roses!

But it was in the year 2000 ...

Leo Maximus wrote:What surprises me is that there is no one to contradict the Gérondeau. For lack of time, maybe? Yves Calvi's show is live.

Christophe wrote:why in these shows we invite people like him and not like us?

And the circle is complete!! : Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/18, 14:11

these inverted peages, prime pedestrian premium bike seem to me a twisted solution and difficult to apply ... especially when we want to pay this premium to employers!

it would be much more logical to make the costs of the car well proportional to the use that one makes: insurance prices to the real km ... when one avoids taking the car also saves the insurance!

a law requiring that the price of all insurance be charged to the real km would increase the price to pay for those who ride a lot and will make a big savings for those who ride little ... as long as the insurance possibilities per km are not that optional, it is only the small rider who asks for it and the insurer do not offer interressant price

technical control not all 2 years, but after a certain number of km ... we can keep an old car for exceptional needs and use it as little as possible to avoid unnecessary costs ... and whoever use this car thoroughly must control it more often than 2 years ... which is normal because intensive use 2 years is completely ridiculous
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/18, 14:30

I think 9 / 10 people are completely unaware of the actual usage price of their car !! It's really crazy ...

That's why many people take it to make micro trip less than 5 km ...
0 x