Economies by reheating fuel?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/05/10, 08:24

Juju26 wrote:Hello
Do you know if there is an original diesel heater on a 106 1.5D from 1995, because I have overconsumption in winter that I would like to reduce.
Thank you

Yes there is a super heater on the XUD5 ... Only if you do the manipulation to suppress its thermostat in traffic jams you will go up to far too high T ° for pure diesel ...

According to certain criteria you could pass to the M30 : Cheesy: (Macro30%) : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: by increasing your viscosity, your energy independence, and by reducing your footprint on the planet : Mrgreen:
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 27/05/10, 14:31

Juju26 wrote:Hello
Do you know if there is an original diesel heater on a 106 1.5D from 1995, because I have overconsumption in winter that I would like to reduce.
Thank you

Winter overconsumption exists on all engines and is due to the necessary increase in enrichment time during the much longer warm-up phase of the engine when cold, and also because of the increase in viscous friction in the transmission, especially on propulsion (rear axle) ... To avoid this (in part), in Canada and other countries with very cold winters, they use an electric engine heater (often permanent!), but it is not free ... I also forgot the more frequent use of lighting, defrosting and windshield wipers ... : Lol:
FYI: a friend who owns an AX with the same 1.5D engine as your 106 consumes 4.5L / 100km on average over the year and lives in the mountains which tends to drive up average consumption ... Me I find that this is a very satisfactory figure for such an old car ...
0 x
Juju26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Juju26 » 27/05/10, 17:48

FYI: a friend who owns an AX with the same 1.5D engine as your 106 consumes 4.5L / 100km on average over the year and lives in the mountains which tends to drive up average consumption ... Me I find that this is a very satisfactory figure for such an old car ...

For my part I am between 4.4 and 4.7 in winter and between 4 and 4.2 in summer, but I do not live in the mountains!
I aim for 4l / 100 on average and my problem is mainly in winter.
0 x
Julien
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/05/10, 19:08

You can lightly put him in between 20 and 30% recycled frying oil. That's already it.
Then Very important for these cars with low power. 4 tires in 135 or 145 maxi slightly overinflated, the rear baanquette remains in the garage as well as the spare tire which is replaced by an anti-puncture spray ... They are very sensitive to weight (less than 1.4). Then a very clean air filter and you are my queen of the econocroques ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 28/05/10, 16:48

Macro wrote:You can lightly put him in between 20 and 30% recycled frying oil. That's already it.
Then Very important for these cars with low power. 4 tires in 135 or 145 maxi slightly overinflated, the rear baanquette remains in the garage as well as the spare tire which is replaced by an anti-puncture spray ... They are very sensitive to weight (less than 1.4). Then a very clean air filter and you are my queen of the econocroques ...

4L to 100 in winter with the old 1.5L, even with the ultra light AX should not be dreamed of unless you play the mobile baffles and cut the engine on the descents ... And the addition of oil, less energy than diesel, will rather increase consumption ...
When to put tires narrower than the originals: danger!
already it is strictly forbidden (do not pass the CT), it will change the circumference therefore the development (and in the wrong direction in addition), the braking becomes ineffective (I have been driving with a car for a long time in 135 to find out !!!): why do you think the manufacturers put 205 wide on the smallest car? it is to shorten the braking distances! (and not just a little!)
0 x