Economies by reheating fuel?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 18/08/06, 15:53

Andre!
Could you at least tell me what the inconel or the Nickel beads gave?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/08/06, 16:01

Hello

Targol wrote:
Andre wrote:to maintain an ideal temperature of 75 c for oil walking, I think you have to think of something other than just the engine water.

Andre

Hi André (and the others),

And a copper coil around (or better: in) the exhaust manifold (of the pantone heater type), wouldn't that heat better?

It’s the top I’m working on, but not a coil, there’s always some trapped liquid which risks making the plugs too hot, I’ll run the oil out of the tank runically in an exhaust heat exchanger, then in the 'water exchanger, to have regularity, instead of using water to heat I will use the engine water to slightly lower the oil temperature, because at the exhaust it may to get too hot and too variable, it takes a small, well-sized exchanger, like the one I made for the bubbler in the Chevrolet,
After all I only have to heat the fuel consumption,
I eliminated the return, it also allows me to make precise measurements of consumption with a small calibrated tank of 4 liters
just roll and consume and do the calculations, plus I can put the diesel oil dosages, which I want in this little test tank.

Andre
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 30/10/06, 14:41

Hello !

Is it effective on a gasoline?

Reheat with a glow plug would that be possible ?!
(without reaching 800 °, several in series for example)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/10/06, 20:46

children, if the savings you indicate are correct, a small electric heater (100 or 200 watts to break everything) thermostatically (I insist) is quite profitable !

(well the 5 liters of the golf 3 tdi)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 30/10/06, 22:33

yep
the fuel arrives at around 60 ° C at the PI. by heating it reduces the surface tension and viscosity, which reduces the average diameter of the fuel droplets = high pressure injection for cheap!

for gasoline, almost no interest, there is indeed a lot less mass spraying bp: gasoline is much less viscous than gas oil and we inject at ambient pressure, unlike diesel or we inject in a medium in pressure, at the end of compression
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 30/10/06, 23:14

bob_isat wrote:for gasoline, almost no interest, there is indeed a lot less mass spraying bp: gasoline is much less viscous than gas oil and we inject at ambient pressure, unlike diesel or we inject in a medium in pressure, at the end of compression

In a carburetor, there is the venturi effect:

the petrol is nebulized in the narrowest place by the phenomenon of sudden depression caused by the sudden change in the speed of the air sucked in and also take into account the difference in speed between this air and the petrol arriving in the center (licking)

for a diesel injector, it's exactly the same:
the jet of diesel fuel, by the stroke of the injection pump piston, suddenly changes speed and is nebulized in the "coil" of air that it entrains suddenly at a certain speed
in this bladder of air suddenly changing speed creates a depression (equal to the phenomenon of a venturi, therefore application in part of the theorem of Bernouilli)

the same principle nebulizes the oil from André's ball burner

also add the licking of a strong probal vortex in the combustion chamber and the rise in T ° which alone is capable of nebulizing the diesel already, but probably insufficient, otherwise the manufacturers would not have bothered to inject at 1500 bar

does anyone know the exit velocity at this pressure :?:

I'm curious

bolt
0 x
Other

by Other » 31/10/06, 03:40

Hello
Not quite agree
I have been heating the fuel for a long time first causing extreme cold, then I realized that continuing to heat it in the summer it also improved, but there are limits 60c for diesel and 40c for petrol.
For diesel, a large difference in engine noise, less banging, on the gasoline engine cheaper at idle and in both cases an economy, not amazing but measurable.

In theory, I'm not the one writing it

For petrol engines:
There is no good possible carburetion of air by fuel if the average temperature of the constituents is below 15c
Strangely enough, the reactor begins to degrade also below 15 c.

For diesel
The ignition time is therefore lower
That the ignition temperature of the fuel is lower
That the temperature of the compressed air is higher
That the fuel is more finely atomized
That the temperature of the injected liquid is higher

We have all interest on engines to reduce the ignition time of the fuel or increase the speed of the flame front in an explosion engine which reduces the advance (pledge of engine well studied)
when he talks about the highest temperature there are limits.
a stroke of the injection pump piston, the volume remains similar hot or cold, but it changes to -20 and to +60 and differs in weight, this is why you send less hot fuel than cold, the economy may come in part from this, but I doubt it because the operator will put more pedal to drive at the same speed.
I know that in winter I had a Rabitt (golf for Europeans) while driving on the floor I slightly overtook the others on the highway enough that in the red light the driver of Rabitt I had styled my asking what I had done on my engine? (Heat your fuel!)
When you operate engines at -20 and above you learn different things.

Andre
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 31/10/06, 08:48

Good if I understood correctly it also works for gasoline, but it is less obvious.
You have to heat around 40 degrees so ... it suits me, I thought 70 or 80 degrees.

thank you guys for your lights : Idea:
0 x
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 16/04/07, 08:32

by reading you, and especially by reading the history of motorcycles which ran on diesel during the war ....
me who would like to run on oil with my petrol ...
Yes Yes Yes...
by a pantone, if we can run on diesel, we can also run on oil I think ....
so I imagine a combination ....
but I want your expert opinion, before I start making holes everywhere ...
here is my idea ....

first, either I start with gasoline, and when the engine is warm, I change fuel with a pipe ...
I admit oil ...
which passes through a heater just before the fuel, at about 80 °
then the fuel.
which is raised ..
under him, a simple heat exchanger, made with a radiator of about 15 cm by 15 cm, which takes the heat from my exhaust pipe, which it can rise to more than a hundred degrees ... which requires a whole system made of copper, supporting a slight overpressure .... a small hydropneumatic citroen membrane ball would allow, higher than the system, to compensate for pressure differences ...
the fuel oil / oil, already preheated, would pass through the slots of this radiator, to rise to the highest temperature possible, then descend into the intake ducts, which will have to be isolated ... and right in the middle of these conduits, two vortexes will improve turbulence ....
what to think ???
which temperature must be obtained to run oil in a petrol ...
all this on my dyane 435, I have room to experiment ...
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....
buga
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by buga » 26/04/07, 12:58

er ...
there, I just reread myself ....
and sometimes I wonder where I'm going to look for this kind of stupid idea ...
was i tired ????
I can't see a flow of air and oil correctly passing through an oil radiator, and on the other hand, I can't see oil preheated to 80 ° mixing with air ....

so forget me about this idea ...
I usually have a lot, but there is also a lot to put in the trash ...
I hope for me that there are sometimes good ones left ....
otherwise, i just have to watch dallas on tv ... hahaha
0 x
crazy energy independence, Deuches of Bugatti ....