Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by Christophe » 25/06/16, 13:58

moinsdewatt wrote:
The wind farm 96 MW, which cost 140 million, is expected to produce 240 GWh.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/ed ... an.N399007

What gives 28% load factor is fine for onshore wind!

In the offshore 35% ... but the investment is heavier ... here we are at 140 / 96 1458 = € / kW installed ... so in rather low average wind can be exceeded!

So nice project!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/06/16, 17:03

Especially on 10 years 2 400 GWh.

Or, if dampens installation on 10 years 5,8 cents per kWh produced for investment. There are still some maintenance and maintenance costs! But we see that it becomes very competitive.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 11/07/16, 12:55

Wind: the Netherlands spend below the 100 euros per MWh

Published 06 / 07 / 2016 lemarin.fr

The Dutch government has chosen Dong Energy for the construction of parks and Borssele 1 2. The Danish energy company will produce wind power at an average price of 72,7 euros per MWh (against 180 200 euros in France), which will save the government millions of euros 2,7 15 in the coming years.

http://www.lemarin.fr/secteurs-activite ... os-par-mwh

Borssele 1 and 2 is the offshore about thirty km from the coast
http://www.4coffshore.com/windfarms/bor ... -nl0b.html

Dong Energy has won the right to build 700 MW of offshore wind farms in the Netherlands

July 5, 2016 evwind

Dong Energy has won the right to Develop and build offshore wind farms 700MW of Borssele in the 1 and 2 areas in the Netherlands. The winning bid strike price excluding transmission costs is € 72.70 per megawatt-hour. The price bracket will last for years 15.

Both 350MW projects will be built by mid-2020 with an additional year of flexibility available under the contract.

Dong Said it will deploy monopile foundations Some 22km from the Dutch province of Zeeland in water depths of entre 14 and 38 meters. Average annual wind speeds reach 9.5 meters per second in the area.

Dong head of wind power Samuel Leupold said: "Winning this tender in a highly competitive field of bidders Reviews another is proof of our market-leading position and our business model qui builds on continued innovation, industrialization and scale.

"With Borssele 1 and 2, we're crossing the levelized cost of electricity mark of € 100 / MWh for the first time and are reaching a critical industry milestone more than three years ahead of time. This Demonstrates the great potential of offshore wind. "

A total of 38 Were bidders vying for the rights to build at Borssele. A further Top 700MW of projects Will Be Auctioned later this year in the area, Followed by further Top Action in the North Holland and South Holland areas later this decade.

http://www.evwind.es/2016/07/05/dong-en ... ands/56864
0 x
Mathilde
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mathilde » 12/07/16, 16:34

Hello. Normally, I am for the development and use of renewable energy. However, the adverse effects of wind turbines are indeed real. The waves they produce have a direct impact on the health of not only human (eg. Nausea, dizziness, and even heart arrhythmias), but also animals.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/07/16, 16:39

Hello Mathilde,
Mathilde wrote:The waves they produce have a direct impact on the health of not only human (eg. Nausea, dizziness, and even heart arrhythmias), but also animals.
These are unfounded rumors.
What are your sources?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/07/16, 18:23

the wind turbine produce waves ??? what waves? it seems absurd to me, or is it new that comes out, it's the gift of waves Quichote ... who goes to war against the windmill

anti radar stealth style coating is a detail to avoid disrupting weather radar, but that's a detail! the wind turbine does not wave product but pondered the radar waves in a way that disrupts or complicates the interpretation of results ... he found a solution, the better it is progress but it does more should not be an argument to accuse the wind turbine to emit waves of bizare
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/07/16, 12:12

For those with physical memories: a wind turbine is probably connected to the ground (even what to lightning). And a metal body connected to ground is a Faraday cage: no electric wave does not come out (or enter no matter).

In a metal container connected to the ground, you're safe from electrical waves.

I guess the wind hood is metal?

For those who don't believe me: go to the Palais de la Découverte and get "electrocuted" in Faraday's cage: http://www.linternaute.com/musee/diapor ... rte/54326/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/07/16, 12:22

I think she is talking about strobe "waves" (rather the effect) and / or sound waves (wind turbines would produce infrasound according to their detractors ...) ...

ps: there are certainly many more EM waves in a car in operation or under THT line at the foot of a wind ... and parts of a train it should be not far doses of MRI ... :D
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/07/16, 15:54

Ah OK. When sound waves ... this is the first nuisance through noise or when it will be significant, I will think. Meanwhile, I think of the thousands and thousands of people living along peripheral, railways, downtown near the student bars, etc ...

When there will only be wind turbines to prevent sleep [I did, a decade ago, a nap under wind turbines on a small island in Croatia! Since then, there has been some progress in slow and aerodynamic rotations - whistling noises have disappeared]

"When you want to kill your dog, you say he has gall!" It is not today.

PS: To avoid unnecessary controversy, I said: I do not say that wind turbines have no default; I say that in life one arbitrator between defects and benefits; the car still kills French 3 500 year - then there is no doubt; this is not a rumor; everyone - almost - accept this risk because it is practical and indispensable; when the majority is against the car, I begin to listen to their arguments for wind turbines - or dams.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/07/16, 17:29

Did67 wrote:For those with physical memories: a wind turbine is probably connected to the ground (even what to lightning). And a metal body connected to ground is a Faraday cage: no electric wave does not come out (or enter no matter).

In a metal container connected to the ground, you're safe from electrical waves.

I guess the wind hood is metal?

For those who don't believe me: go to the Palais de la Découverte and get "electrocuted" in Faraday's cage: http://www.linternaute.com/musee/diapor ... rte/54326/

a Faraday cage completely protected of electric fields, but not electromagnetic waves: there are only the low frequency wave more wavelength larger than the hole that can not go ... the high frequency, length smaller wavelength than the holes come and go as they want: this is what exiplique the mobile phone walking in a shed in tole: there is always enough to leak it out there ... even no need to hole: a gap between 2 tole enough
0 x