Need advice for heat pump air / water radiators Altherma 14 kW

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Need advice for heat pump air / water radiators Altherma 14 kW

by izentrop » 14/10/18, 11:36

Hello,
The first tests were successful with thermostatic valves fully open, but as soon as I adjusted them, the boiler started to lack water flow. The differential valve provided for in the estimate had not been installed.

I continued my tests by opening the taps, but as I do not need some, I realized that it would default below 15 l / min of flow. In addition we hear traffic noise in the radiators. I was not told that it was a bad idea to put thermostatic valves on my 17 radiators.

Another concern, the water law is set between 15 ° and -10 for outdoor temperatures and between 40 and 55 ° on the water circuit side. Why does it continue to run with an outside temperature of 20 °?

The remote control of the indoor unit allows daily programming, but as we do not enter temperature data but a level 1,2 or 3 without further explanation, I wonder if it is not intended only for the DHW option that I did not take?

As the installer must come back for the differential valve and I do not have the invoice yet, I will ask him on Monday to add a room thermostat allowing me to really program the operating ranges and as much add the right options , to include them in the tax credit.

Wouldn't a balloon be essential, in my case?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Need advice for air / water heat pump Altherma radiators 14 kW

by Gaston » 15/10/18, 11:33

izentrop wrote:I was not told that it was a bad idea to put thermostatic valves on my 17 radiators.
In general (not only for heat pumps), I was always told that it was indeed necessary to leave a minimum flow in the circuit (so some radiators without thermostatic valve).
Conventionally, we leave open the radiators of bathroom, or rooms to the north.

izentrop wrote:As the installer must come back for the differential valve and I do not have the invoice yet, I will ask him on Monday to add a room thermostat allowing me to really program the operating ranges and as much add the right options , to include them in the tax credit.
It seems to me that a room thermostat is actually recommended for proper operation.
In this case, it is rather the radiators in the room where the thermostat is located that are left without thermostat.

izentrop wrote:Wouldn't a balloon be essential, in my case?
If you want a thermostatic valve on each radiator, I think so.

On the other hand, a use with room thermostat and some radiators without thermostat is also a solution.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Need advice for air / water heat pump Altherma radiators 14 kW

by izentrop » 15/10/18, 20:33

Thank you Gaston,
I tried again and indeed, the room thermostat is required.
My installer reaffirmed to me that the buffer tank was not necessary in my case.
I was also told that 70 l of water was enough for 14 kW. My calculations give more than 200 L distributed in the circuit, which means that I can close part of the radiators without problem, provided that I open the valves of the others.
I plan to adjust the thermostatic valves more open than normal.

For now the heating is off, they are still announcing hot weather all week. It is good RC :)
0 x