Prepare the exit ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Prepare the way out ...

by perplex » 10/10/18, 10:18

Ahmed wrote:force is to recognize that this poor From Rugy it will be reduced to dishonorable shams * (for which he has been named).

* I do not doubt that he himself is aware of it, but it must be price a real discomfort ...

A real discomfort ??? your level of discomfort makes me laugh.

Just a detail: https://www.rtl.fr/actu/politique/assem ... 7794275199
Read also the comments. : Lol:

Conclusion: There is only me who interests me ...

A ++
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/10/18, 10:24

His "opposition" to economic power is the product he tries to sell to voters; this is only a slightly offset positioning with respect to the competition: it is necessary to stand out the more that we are similar! Just as all the laundry packages all come out of the three factories alone, these people have received identical training and would in any case have no choice, once in power, but to serve their real masters, the very ones who will have ensured their election.
You write: We will always have conformists as president *but it is not because of what one would be, only what one wants to make us believe, dominant media force. Opinion is fabricated, although it becomes laborious: many begin to tire of being taken for gogos.

* Jacques Ellul, in his book, The political illusion, wrote this: "The conditions necessary to access the post of President of the Republic are incompatible with this function".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 10/10/18, 15:00

Hello,

Janic wrote:
[...] Nowadays, it's a bad start with the new fashion of the electric car which is an absurdity outside the cities [...]

A pure coincidence but a study of the UFC Que Choisir seems to say precisely the opposite. Okay, for what it's worth, I think they're looking at more profitability for the user.
I do not have a definitive opinion on this subject but it interests me a lot. Being rural and made to make more than 30 000km / year the subject of the choice of the energy of the vehicle as much on the question of the environmental impact on my humble level as on the subject of the economic means is a real source of interrogation.

To put myself more in the overall subject, what worries me is what are really the strong collective choices to make in order to go in the right direction? Apart from finding that X or Y is not nice or that Capitalism is not good ...
I speak well of collective choice, on the level region, country to see (it is even obligatory) international.
If we have to get wet, I consider that if we are in emergency situation then decarbonize implies among others and in the disorder:

- A substantial share of nuclear energy in our energy mix, at least over a horizon 20-40 years while waiting better (technological progress ...).
- A forced march development of RE that people want at home or not (wind etc etc)
- The establishment at the international level, between countries or groups of countries "initiators" of coercive standards and carbon prices, with customs taxes particularly dissuasive for countries that do not play the game (and that can hurt very badly) to developing countries).
- Reflection on a liberalization of the self-production and the self-consumption of the electricity, to see on the questions of reinjection on the network and of local use (Grid ...).
- Measures to reduce the carbon footprint of agriculture
- Obviously, very ambitious energy saving programs and a priority support for all research going in the desired direction.

And other ways that I do not have in mind.
In any case, it would be coercive and we cannot completely hide behind the "smallness" of politicians or the weight of this or that lobby. When we see the outcry to go from 90 to 80 km / h on the roads, we say to ourselves that putting hard measures on carbon is going to be hot. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/10/18, 17:34

The UFC Que Choisir is primarily intended to facilitate consumption by providing elements of appreciation to future buyers of goods, it does not really arise champion of the decline, except very marginally ...
You touch on a large number of points that each deserve to be elaborated, I will confine myself to a few, even if I will come back later to others, if need be.
You speak of "strong collective choices" which would be, if I am more or less independent of economic-political considerations and would only be oriented towards a low-carbon operation. Already, it should be understood that the increase in CO², this is only one aspect of the challenges to be taken up and that even on this single point and assuming a significant effort, it is only a question of limiting a little the damage: for the most part, given the inertia of the climate, it is folded. Then, and because of this economic-political context that it is impossible to avoid, most of the changes envisaged do not go as they claim towards a radical reconfiguration, but are only new opportunities for profitable investment. of a mass of money which no longer finds outlets to its measure *. Thus, in the field of energy, wind turbines or other solar panels will above all be added to other conventional means of production or create an illusion in formerly industrialized countries in which there is both a public opinion working in this direction. and likely to contribute financially, while elsewhere recourse to coal is increasing inexorably and will continue to do so due to the imperative of growth in the production of goods on the one hand and the economic disparity between countries. Go explain to the Poles or to China that coal-fired power stations are "not good" ...
In reality, a coercive and strong international policy would lead directly to a generalized conflict; within a country, it could only be limited, on pain of a deterioration of competitiveness and will, in all likelihood, lead to consumer blaming, the only way to make illusion without risk.

The transition from 90 to 80 was a bit of a buzz, but all that is well calmed; indeed, it is a minimalist measure that aims to reduce accidents without calling into question the functional aberration of the whole car (which would have economic implications totally unthinkable for the leaders: what is wasted on one side is translated by profits of the other!).

* The pretext of CC or RC is used to cause obsolescence of carbon installations or, at least, gigantic investments in energies sold as "virtuous".
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/10/18, 19:56

Sorry if I insist a little heavily, but it is necessary to understand that the decarbonization of the economy can only take place if larger amounts of energy and raw materials are wasted in another way, which therefore means an increased attack on the destruction of the living environment and an increase in social (and inter-specific) inequalities. This is the result of a systemic law peculiar to our time: the increase in productivity constantly decreases the socially necessary labor share per unit of merchandise produced and therefore the unit price, which implies producing a greatly increased quantity of goods in a to restore the balance sheet to a higher level.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/10/18, 22:24

I have just seen an interesting video in many ways, even if the ecocidal aspect is largely avoided and the speaker could not escape a strict anthropocentric vision.
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/10/18, 07:08

Hello,
Very exciting discourse of an energy historian.
"The wall of global warming is coming faster than the wall of the resource" sums up the current situation where we are and we are seriously starting to feel it: 22 ° in the shade on October 10 at home in the north, I don't don't remember going through that. And given the acceleration, the breaking point is not very far.

I do not think he's talking about biodiversity because it's not his area of ​​expertise.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/10/18, 07:46

The transition from 90 to 80 was a bit of a buzz, but all that is well calmed; indeed, it is a minimalist measure that aims to reduce accidents without calling into question the functional aberration of the whole car (which would have economic implications totally unthinkable for the leaders: what is wasted on one side is translated by profits of the other!).
the transition from 90 to 80 is only an ecological illusion (the fuel consumption will remain the same), as in the case of a frontal accident where the impact is so violent that the chances of survival are minimal and even worse in a frontal crash between two vehicles where speeds are added. All that remains is the residual speed after braking, which can act to minimize the severity of the accidents, provided that the brakes are in perfect condition, the reflexes are sufficient (illusory under alcohol and other drugs), etc.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/10/18, 09:14

Solutions, but blah the "hummingbirds" and its dogmas

http://adrastia.org/energie-climat-tran ... ur-keller/
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 11/10/18, 15:01

A piece of solution on the habitat, taken from the conference of JB Fressoz
the solar houses of MIT:
http://web.mit.edu/solardecathlon/solar1.html
Last edited by eclectron the 11 / 10 / 18, 15: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max