My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 04/07/18, 20:57

new storm rain
two days of free watering, not against heat and sun the day, will have to monitor the mildew
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/07/18, 10:45

good, the rain always seems to play to the absent subscribers, the garden is asleep
it grows slowly, only tomatoes continue their development,
the cabbage in laces do not remake of leaves, I watch the caterpillars, the aubergines are formed but the fruits remain small, idem for the peppers, the ones which had lost their leaves and treated with the urine are well distributed, the others ben have lost their leaves now will have to take care of it too, one of the zucchini feet is made to eat all its regrowths so it has only 4 leaves and no harvest in sight
the beans have bloomed, the harvest is coming, the celeriacs are doing well but will there be a roe
we will wait for the end of the drought, yesterday's rain just wet the hay
I will resume watering to hope for a development of squash, pumpkin and eggplant, the rest will wait rain
0 x
(of me)
Sikar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sikar » 21/07/18, 18:58

I like the title of this message ;-)
I am new to the forum and I'm going to tell you what I did in my father's garden today. Well, I'm not going to tell you in detail everything I did, but overall I'm pretty happy with myself. Since the beginning of the summer, my father had a problem with watering his garden because of leaks in the pumping system. It had been several weeks since he said Ok I'll do it and he tried to make a kind of plaster to plug the leaks. For starters, I disassembled everything trying to re-seal with the tow. Well, it was better but still some air intakes prevented constant watering, so I jumped into my car and bought the necessary parts to redo all this with new equipment.
And here, in the end after the water flowed and tonight vegetables that were going to take a good bath.
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/07/18, 19:05

sikar wrote:I like the title of this message ;-)
I am new to the forum and I'm going to tell you what I did in my father's garden today. Well, I'm not going to tell you in detail everything I did, but overall I'm pretty happy with myself. Since the beginning of the summer, my father had a problem with watering his garden because of leaks in the pumping system. It had been several weeks since he said Ok I'll do it and he tried to make a kind of plaster to plug the leaks. For starters, I disassembled everything trying to re-seal with the tow. Well, it was better but still some air intakes prevented constant watering, so I jumped into my car and bought the necessary parts to redo all this with new equipment.
And here, in the end after the water flowed and tonight vegetables that were going to take a good bath.

I go out my little watering can and I pass at the foot of each vegetable, after with 30m2 I can : Mrgreen:
I can set up a watering system, I think about it, but I'm waiting to have my greenhouse, so every thing in its time
0 x
(of me)
darkducobu
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by darkducobu » 22/07/18, 06:40

Moindreffor wrote:I go out my little watering can and I pass at the foot of each vegetable, after with 30m2 I can : Mrgreen:

It is likely that by manually watering you better control your water consumption, however it seems to me that the irrigation via porous pipes brings water to the cultivated plants. Thus, weeds are less watered and tomato plants do not have wet leaves.
Partisan of the Little Effort, another important point of detail could be the age of the gardener and the distance between the water point and the kitchen garden. :D
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/07/18, 21:05

darkducobu wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I go out my little watering can and I pass at the foot of each vegetable, after with 30m2 I can : Mrgreen:

It is likely that by manually watering you better control your water consumption, however it seems to me that the irrigation via porous pipes brings water to the cultivated plants. Thus, weeds are less watered and tomato plants do not have wet leaves.
Partisan of the Little Effort, another important point of detail could be the age of the gardener and the distance between the water point and the kitchen garden. :D

supporter of the slightest effort certainly, but good 10m flat between the water and the kitchen garden, even if not too old, well damaged by life, so I still plan to automate this, just to occupy the time left free by the phenoculture, to make work the gray matter and not the arms : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/07/18, 01:13

Moindreffor wrote:
darkducobu wrote:

supporter of the slightest effort certainly, but good 10m flat between the water and the kitchen garden, even if not too old, well damaged by life, so I still plan to automate this, just to occupy the time left free by the phenoculture, to make work the gray matter and not the arms : Mrgreen:

Oh, it's sure that automated watering changes your life.

It is almost everywhere now that it is in the garden or vegetable garden and it's more the same ....

Even if Mrs, nostalgic of watering by hand, stings the pipe to still water her greenhouse while there is the automatic ... but it is true that for some plans it is more accurate but it's food time.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/07/18, 09:12

nico239 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
darkducobu wrote:

Oh, it's sure that automated watering changes your life.

It is almost everywhere now that it is in the garden or vegetable garden and it's more the same ....

Even if Mrs, nostalgic of watering by hand, stings the pipe to still water her greenhouse while there is the automatic ... but it is true that for some plans it is more precisebut it's eating time.

it's not the time spent, it's more time to spend at the right time, I missed my seedlings because 2j overbooked and sowing plate ben it does not forgive if these 2j there is hot, it is an example, but a watering programmed or at least automated it must really help, when as at this moment or even at the fall of the night it is still not far from 30 ° C Didier must understand and others too, it is not is not to put a casualty of life out : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/07/18, 09:39

in passing
I have never had such beautiful tomatoes
just to point out that the feet that carry the most beautiful tomatoes were produced by one of my cousins, so for me, before the ground, watering or other, the origin of the planted foot is one of the first sources of success
So the mission that I accepted is to try to produce the maximum of plants myself for next year, so it will have to go through a good soil or find the right fertilizer to feed the plants that I will produce
I also think that the transplanting period is the second factor of success
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/07/18, 11:26

Outside the greenhouse the most beautiful foot .... it is the one that comes from a semi "wild" (a seed had to fall) between 2 straw bales ... (photo to come)

I do not draw any consequences but that appeals to me ....
0 x