My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 03/07/18, 15:46

Ahmed wrote:I understood the meaning of your message and mine was simply a complement. We are indeed in the case of a (very!) Approximate synthesis between the Paleolithic and Neolithic exploitation mode :D .

Your last message calls for another remark (I am incorrigible, as you know it : Wink:) : you write:
the sedentarisation has also allowed to develop the craft, the mutual aid, the collective and specialized work.

As groups practicing big game hunting, the entire lineage, very long, of pre-Neolithic hominids had to rely above all on unfailing solidarity (one of the consequences of which was the sharing of the catch among all) and perfect coordination of hunting tactics (quite risky!), hence certainly the evolution of language and in fine, association with wolves (domestication => dog).
I also think that increasing the specialization of tasks goes against mutual aid; last point, you use the word "work" which is a completely anachronistic concept for hunter-gatherers and should be used with great care in the case of the first farmer-herders, even if, in the latter case, it acquires significantly more substance.
To go in your direction (and that of the demiurgic initiative of Did!), the myth of the Garden of Eden retranscribes this passage from the era of abundance to that of pain: I obviously hope that this trend can be reversed a little! 8)

I agree with you, do not talk about work, I was also about the change of lifestyle, we go from family to inter-family groups, so as you say communication need from where development, for the specialization, I was in the idea that family group there is need for versatility and with the grouping we can go to a certain specialization, which will evolve to the craft industry, but also to the trade
you are right to want to be precise

after the Garden of Eden, the garden of the Sloth, to each his own as Didier said, so Eden could have his own : Mrgreen:

I saw and reviewed a great report on the hanging gardens of Babylon, there is talk of water supply channels, well like Didier with its tanks and pipes, Didier should not be at his first reincarnation : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 03/07/18, 15:51

It was not lazy gardens! With a few thousand slaves, a queen could do wonders for her husband - and the water of distant mountains!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/07/18, 15:57

Did67 wrote:It was not lazy gardens! With a few thousand slaves, a queen could do wonders for her husband - and the water of distant mountains!

your wife encouraging and supporting you made you believe that you cultivated 500m2 for a while while you were almost double, Ah the power of women

if not here, great rain storm, provided but not violent, it will do a good crazy, it was starting to be: not dry but not far, : Mrgreen:
1 x
(of me)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/07/18, 16:53

in short, it takes a lot of effort to become lazy! :D
To go in your direction (and that of the demiurgical initiative of Did!), The myth of the Garden of Eden retranscribes this passage from the era of abundance to that of pain: [*] I obviously hope that this trend can be reversed a little!
In the discourse on the Garden of Eden, there is no transition from the era of abundance to that of punishment in a necessary way, as obligatory. The text says that this transition is due to the fact that Man is always dissatisfied with his fate, as ideal as he may be, and he wants more, ever more, going so far as to want to equivate the absolute by an acquaintance who exceeds it. Ignorance is certainly a lack for the individual, but too much knowledge leads to the pride of believing to know; the famous : " it has been, or has not been, scientifically demonstrated that As if it were an absolute value. This is what our current society demonstrates.

[*] " God knows that if you eat it (from the tree of knowledge) you will be like God, knowing the good and the bad "And when we take ourselves for the one who knows, we must assume all aspects and therefore that of the penalty too, such as children to enter the world of adults and their problems and difficulties.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/07/18, 18:17

There are several possible interpretations of this myth. I rather retain (which does not necessarily preclude others) that the idea is that of circumventing the state of nature which could, as it is the case for other animals, allow a durable equilibrium and which, therefore, condemns to a flight forward lost in advance: in sum too much science not to exceed its condition and yet not enough knowledge to be able to appreciate precisely its limits. This is indeed the current situation ...
Cavanna summed it up by saying "Man is a monkey * gone wrong".

* It would be more accurate to replace "monkey" by "primate".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 03/07/18, 23:39

I would like to participate in this thread by testifying that for me, for the moment, the new way of cultivating has nothing to do with "sowing-gathering" or spending less time in the garden as mentioned here and there !! In particular, I spent days fanning the hay, evenings picking up slugs, other days collecting leaves and mixing them with dry hay to spread all this under my vegetables ... !!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/07/18, 10:27

Cavanna summed it up by saying "Man is a monkey * gone wrong".

* It would be more accurate to replace "monkey" by "primate".
or more simply, without comparison with anyone: the human has gone wrong.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/07/18, 12:12

Formulated this way, it becomes a simple tautology ... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 04/07/18, 16:25

So the man is badly turned!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 04/07/18, 20:35

to be chafoin wrote:I would like to participate in this thread by testifying that for me, for the moment, the new way of cultivating has nothing to do with "sowing-gathering" or spending less time in the garden as mentioned here and there !! In particular, I spent days fanning the hay, evenings picking up slugs, other days collecting leaves and mixing them with dry hay to spread all this under my vegetables ... !!

last year I picked up whole bags of fake BRF, most of it went to the pleasure garden as mulch over the slightly aging pine bark I put in the garden, (not too much, but I did not have the amount of grass clippings expected from where a hunger of nitrogen at the beginning of the season), it was not easy, but 2 or 3 voyages (the days of great shape) of 2 or 3 bags a day, that's the bulk of my job
the hay I buy and I am delivered at the foot of my land, 10 boots 15kg, for slugs some small collection, then super efficiency of ferramol
so as Didier says we are not all equal
0 x
(of me)