My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Did67 » 29/06/18, 06:49

This is the basis: "to each HIS vegetable garden of the lazy!".

We are not equal, neither for the climate (the long term), nor for the weather (year after year - at home, last year, the summer thunderstorms have ALL gone one to the left, the other on the right, the other straight ahead; in the neighboring villages, they had natural waterings, not me!), neither for the soil, nor for the exposure (south or north), nor for the neighborhood (and possible "social" constraints) ...

So what for one would be a "crime" (for me, shivering for example), for the other will be imposed as a "necessary compromise" ... One will water. The other not ...

It is therefore nice to exchange. Because sometimes we "blind ourselves". But no need to copy! Harmful even !!!!

It makes me think, live there, that a "volume 2", it could be to state and explain these particularities.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/06/18, 17:22

Did67 wrote:This is the basis: "to each HIS vegetable garden of the lazy!".

We are not equal, neither for the climate (the long term), nor for the weather (year after year - at home, last year, the summer thunderstorms have ALL gone one to the left, the other on the right, the other straight ahead; in the neighboring villages, they had natural waterings, not me!), neither for the soil, nor for the exposure (south or north), nor for the neighborhood (and possible "social" constraints) ...

So what for one would be a "crime" (for me, shivering for example), for the other will be imposed as a "necessary compromise" ... One will water. The other not ...

It is therefore nice to exchange. Because sometimes we "blind ourselves". But no need to copy! Harmful even !!!!

It makes me think, live there, that a "volume 2", it could be to state and explain these particularities.

as soon as I started the phenoculture, I became aware that I could not do as before (gardening time in bare soil) this layer of hay modifies so many things, it opens and closes certain perspectives and it is therefore necessary adapt

as pointed out to be chafoin, and as you did yourself Didier, you do all this naturally, you have adapted over the years, and you already had perspective, when you presented what has become the phenoculture, so enunciate and explain the peculiarities that would not hurt, pity that paysan.bio no longer participates in this thread, he had a great experience and even more perspective than you on the culture under thick layer of hay, can Was he less lazy than you, hence the difference in point of view : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 29/06/18, 23:54

Moindreffor wrote:pity that paysan.bio no longer participates in this thread, he had great experience and even more perspective than you on the culture under thick hay layer, maybe he was less lazy than you, hence this difference in point of view : Mrgreen:

Yes I remember peasant.bio when I read a year ago, rather inventive, it is true that he does not intervene lately! That's 2 once you mention it? Something happened to him?
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 30/06/18, 08:38

Guibnd wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:pity that paysan.bio no longer participates in this thread, he had great experience and even more perspective than you on the culture under thick hay layer, maybe he was less lazy than you, hence this difference in point of view : Mrgreen:

Yes I remember peasant.bio when I read a year ago, rather inventive, it is true that he does not intervene lately! That's 2 once you mention it? Something happened to him?

no, a misinterpreted remark, Didier too lazy for Paysan.bio, Didier sometimes forgets to mention that he does not do it or that some things are useless in his own case, but that in no case it's useless things or that others should not do them, but he makes efforts to correct himself
as Didier often specifies "each one his vegetable garden of the lazy" "inspire yourself but do not copy", that could be the title of his next book : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 30/06/18, 16:48

Moindreffor wrote:
Guibnd wrote:

no, a misinterpreted remark ...

after a little research with the magnifying glass (handy for finding information on the long main thread), I found the latest messages from paysan.bio 20 December 2017 (at that time, for several weeks, I came little on the wire, very slow and too busy looking after my sciatica ... so I take the opportunity to catch up)
interesting, among other things, his experiments on the tails of onions that could influence the onions' departure if they are removed ...

interesting to free time and energy thanks to didier hay (which avoids us spine with a spade like convicts or behind a tiller like big stuffers).
interesting to engage in such experiments as peasant.bio proposed and led ... indeed, it was nourishing intellectually to tweak techniques ...
pity that this complementarity did not last ... there was nevertheless room for two
the remark in question may have been misinterpreted, but a little too exaggerated perhaps!
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
Did67

by Did67 » 30/06/18, 19:26

".... but perhaps a little excessive too!"

Yes. Not maybe. For sure. I feel responsible for not being nuanced enough sometimes. To type with two fingers, and to answer too quickly, we take shortcuts ...

I have the defect of jumping, without precaution, a reflection following a notice of a person to a reflection of a general nature. Generality that the person takes to the letter for her. Without having to be wrong when you read the text. But without being targeted in my mind (but how could she know?).

I remember the episode perfectly. But more of the "content" of the exchanges. I also can't remember whether I apologized or not. It does not seem to me to have specified my thought anyway, and to have regretted the form in which I had expressed myself.

He was "stung" and never returned. Too bad. Even if, indeed, I have often differed on the "philosophy", the bottom. My goal is to encourage nature to do for me and to try to do as little as possible. He was more on "the techniques that improve gardening more than organic - including the use of hay". From then on, we had to quibble over principles. It didn't bother me at all. Unlike some trolls who criticize without bringing anything but their dogmas, their "religious thoughts", the ideas of their favorite guru ... had substance. I have always considered him to be much more advanced than me in "market gardening techniques". It was he who inspired me when I wrote that I was a poor market gardener - an expression some will find drowned somewhere in this thread ...
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 30/06/18, 21:25

Did67 wrote: I have the defect of jumping, without precaution, a reflection following a notice of a person to a reflection of a general nature. Generality that the person takes to the letter for her. Without having to be wrong when you read the text. But without being targeted in my mind (but how could she know?).

yes, I can see that you are very productive and fast in the answers that you provide almost daily on the various econology threads, the answers that you make to the comments that follow the videos, probably also in the emails sent to you directly .... and you have to switch from one to the other without "decompression airlock" and what you read in one place must influence the direction of your answer in another place : roll: .
Sincerely hat because you have lazy only the name :D finally, you are a hyperactive lazy : Mrgreen:
so yes, when we read the exchanges of December 20, we say to ourselves: "boudiou what a fly stung him suddenly"
me personally, I think there is something that must have inflated you elsewhere and you dropped at the wrong time in the wrong place and bing! organic farmer took it for him.
you were just not in the same flow at that moment :(

Did67 wrote: My goal is to encourage nature to do for me and to try to do as little as possible. He was more on "the techniques that improve gardening more than organic - including the use of hay".

yes, besides you write about it somewhere that it does not interest you to spend twice more time to harvest 10% more.
it's not a miscalculation : Idea: and I often meditate on this phrase to make it mine, and not only in gardening ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/06/18, 22:25

Did67 wrote:".... but perhaps a little excessive too!"

Yes. Not maybe. For sure. I feel responsible for not being nuanced enough sometimes. To type with two fingers, and to answer too quickly, we take shortcuts ...

I have the defect of jumping, without precaution, a reflection following a notice of a person to a reflection of a general nature. Generality that the person takes to the letter for her. Without having to be wrong when you read the text. But without being targeted in my mind (but how could she know?).

I remember the episode perfectly. But more of the "content" of the exchanges. I also can't remember whether I apologized or not. It does not seem to me to have specified my thought anyway, and to have regretted the form in which I had expressed myself.

He was "stung" and never returned. Too bad. Even if, indeed, I have often differed on the "philosophy", the bottom. My goal is to encourage nature to do for me and to try to do as little as possible. He was more on "the techniques that improve gardening more than organic - including the use of hay". From then on, we had to quibble over principles. It didn't bother me at all. Unlike some trolls who criticize without bringing anything but their dogmas, their "religious thoughts", the ideas of their favorite guru ... had substance. I have always considered him to be much more advanced than me in "market gardening techniques". It was he who inspired me when I wrote that I was a poor market gardener - an expression some will find drowned somewhere in this thread ...

I practice for a long time management or participation in forums : if you are as likely to stay at home.

If you do not understand the written form and the absence of the intonations (even if the smilies are useful complements) and that you take the writing in full pear you died for this form of exchanges.

Now (unless I have missed something of the style: "you inflate me adios") and for having already lived it there are sometimes unfortunate chances.

The absence is sometimes due to other happy or unfortunate causes.

To draw conclusions without having all the elements in his possession is sometimes hazardous. Image
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 01/07/18, 00:29

nico239 wrote:I practice for a long time management or participation in forums : if you are as likely to stay at home.
If you do not understand the written form and the absence of the intonations (even if the smilies are useful complements) and that you take the writing in full pear you died for this form of exchanges.

yes you're right, written as well as oral, it's better to know how to take a step back and the height and most of the time, our two friends of course know how to do it as well as all of us.
except that sometimes, when one is very involved, engaged, transported, passionate (and whole) by what one does and the desire to share it and to be understood, one can no longer have this detachment.
me, it jumps in the eyes that they did not meet intellectually that day, what I called above: not to be in the same flow at this precise moment.

nico239 wrote:Now (unless I have missed something of the style: "you inflate me adios") and for having already lived it there are sometimes unfortunate chances.
it's often implicit :D but I take note that with you, if one day I want to send you a message, it is better to put the package then : Cheesy:

nico239 wrote:The absence is sometimes due to other happy or unfortunate causes.

yes it is a probable hypothesis too, there may be a contingency.

Anyway, it would make me happy that paysan.bio come back among us and I think I'm not the only one ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/07/18, 10:06

Note that, like many of you, he could have created his specific thread. On simple request, I would have refrained from intervening if indeed I am too bulky for some ... [I take this opportunity to indicate that if I feel legitimate in the main thread, where I obtained rights to moderator of Christophe, I consider myself a guest on the various other threads that you have created to present your feedback or thoughts; if my presence swells you, you can tell me "live" or by "mp". You have to learn from your mistakes !!!]

I think so also that he did not find his interest here. Which is respectable. We had little (and I remain polite) things to offer him, in his step. No ?

What do you want him to get from my approach ??? So, in effect, he was only taking tarps, from HIS perspective. There is a form of fundamentalism of "absolute non-work", which I indeed consider to be one of the rare "contributions" in my way of doing things. Obviously, this is not what he was looking for. And it is respectable. It's in my book: I have nothing to say to those who want to transform their vegetable garden into a gym (because it's cheaper!), To those who don't want to change their way of doing things because that destabilizes them ... And I suggest them, from the intro, to put the book down.
0 x