My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by guibnd » 28/06/18, 11:59

Did67 wrote: My leeks, although green beyond a dozen cm, melt like butter, and not the shadow of a trace of fibrosity, bitterness, acidity, pungency!

the green is fibrous and has a strong smell of leeks, very good for soups and dishes typed as potofeu and various hotpot ...

the white remains for me a refined dish, melting and sweet, the smell less pronounced than the green, without fiber (the green is more fibrous) that we appreciate in hot vegetable with a net of crème fraîche (normandie oblige) or cold in vinaigrette with a drizzle of olive oil or hazelnuts.

it may be old habits of 49 years but this one, we are not ready to question it
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/06/18, 12:00

Did67 wrote:This is not quite my point. No blackbirds instead of thrushes. No acceptance therapy. Just make sure it's not an extra "I've always been told ..."!

I wonder if sometimes the need to "launder" is not just a "habit", like plowing! Basically, to deserve your meal, get pissed off first !!!
If the difference in taste is noticeable, in favor of "blanched" leeks, then blanch ... But is it sure ???

I think that endive, or dandelions do not ask the question, but for the leek why not, in fact I think it is not the white that we are looking for, but a long barrel, the Leaves spreading from a few centimeters above the ground, so to have a long bole, it is necessary to bury the leek, and it was becoming white since under the ground, so that is white is more for me a consequence of the market gardening that a will, so the impact on taste is real, it is necessary to experience blindly as proposed by Didier

so for me the question is no longer how to obtain long barrels (green or white) in phenoculture without too much work? can a thick layer of hay have long leek casks, I have no experience in this field
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/18, 14:40

I did not pay much attention to the length.

This is what it gives by having planted very fine leeks (too thin) in a furrow, as if I sowed. It was probably not an 2017. And nothing else. We see that the futs have, at the harvest in January 2018, about 2 hands long, a very white hand, and a light green hand.

Poireaux.png

I think I could have "butter" with the hay.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 28/06/18, 15:34

Yes it is the simplest solution which seems to me the most adapted to this mode of culture and will certainly preserve more white ...
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 28/06/18, 18:09

yes, adding hay along the barrels being vegetated and winter to encourage bleaching could be a lazy solution to compensate for the lack of depth at the plantation, to test

but you didier, when you arrive in June with your boot of leeks (of solaize I think) to transplant under the arm and your plant in the other hand, you manage to drive it in how much in your ground your dibble? (in cm stp because there are different lengths of dibble, I make the collection)
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/06/18, 18:14

Guibnd wrote:yes, adding hay along the barrels being vegetated and winter to encourage bleaching could be a lazy solution to compensate for the lack of depth at the plantation, to test

but you didier, when you arrive in June with your boot of leeks (of solaize I think) to transplant under the arm and your plant in the other hand, you manage to drive it in how much in your ground your dibble? (in cm stp because there are different lengths of dibble, I make the collection)

I may be transplanting leek all accounts, you make me want
I am going to measure to see how much I dig my plant into the ground, and I will measure at the same time the height of hay above
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/18, 19:12

Guibnd wrote:

I will do some tests tomorrow ... The years are following and are not alike ...

I do not have plants to transplant, but I'm going to pretend! In different places, because I have floors more or less aggraded! The last parcel, converted 8 days ago, I will surely nothing sink at all!

And then it depends if I come across a gallery of rats-taupiers !!!!!!!!!!!!! It helps (even in mole rats, everything is not bad!)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/06/18, 19:13

Moindreffor wrote:I may be transplanting leek all accounts, you make me want
I am going to measure to see how much I dig my plant into the ground, and I will measure at the same time the height of hay above

You can also try direct seeding! Quit to transplant where it has worked less well, by clarifying elsewhere ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/06/18, 20:13

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I may be transplanting leek all accounts, you make me want

You can also try direct seeding! Quit to transplant where it has worked less well, by clarifying elsewhere ...

I have nothing to transplant, I'll have to find some if it's still somewhere : Mrgreen: it will be the search for WE

good, the planting without forcing but still being firm down to 20 cm at ground level and above it remains 5 6 cm hay where I put the least, so if I put the leek I will be able to plant it directly in the hay at the plant, I will have drums of the same length as those of Didier, I think
0 x
(of me)
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 28/06/18, 23:59

Moindreffor wrote: I have nothing to transplant, I'll have to find some if it's still somewhere : Mrgreen: it will be the search for WE

good, the planting without forcing but still being firm down to 20 cm at ground level and above it remains 5 6 cm hay where I put the least, so if I put the leek I will be able to plant it directly in the hay at the plant, I will have drums of the same length as those of Didier, I think

at our place, we find them in the market of seedlings on the markets until the 14 July, the planting deadline.

20cm being firm and without forcing : Shock: what a dream : Mrgreen: and at didier, what must it be!
I will measure precisely Sunday (there I work 2 days, I will not be at home) but I am far (20 cm)
0 x