Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Limitation to 70 km / h on the device

by sen-no-sen » 22/05/18, 13:56

Lowering the speed limit from 90 to 80km / h on secondary roads

The French government wants the speed limit to be lowered from 90 to 80 km / h on two-way secondary roads without a central separator, in other words national roads. An unpopular measure - the French are 59% opposed to it according to a Harris Interactive poll - but assumed to "save lives", according to Prime Minister Édouard Philippe. It has been advocated for years by road safety associations, while motorist and biker associations contest its effectiveness. This reduction is part of a larger plan of around twenty measures, in January 2017, to reduce the number of road deaths, which started to rise again (3477 killed in 2016).

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/l-abaissement-de-la-limite-de-vitesse-de-90-a-80km-h-sur-les-routes-secondaires_1974481.html

It is a bit of a shame that the speed of 90 is lowered to 80km / h than on RN and you do not touch the speed on the motorway.
Indeed lowering the speed of 130 to 110km / h would save 20% of fuel on average.
So unpopular or only economic decision?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/05/18, 18:49

It is a bit of a shame that the speed of 90 is lowered to 80km / h than on RN and you do not touch the speed on the motorway.
to force to take these highways? RNs, most often downgraded to departmental, no longer in charge of the state, are expensive to maintain and speed reduction reduces soil degradation and thus saves the state.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/05/18, 19:19

Janic wrote:
to force to take these highways? RNs, most often downgraded to departmental, no longer in charge of the state, are expensive to maintain and speed reduction reduces soil degradation and thus saves the state.

It's an idea that also crossed my mind ... we noticed that on some national roads everything was done to encourage the motorist to take the highway (multiplication of roundabouts, radar, 70 zones), this is particularly the case between Lyon and Grenoble ... incidentally one of the most expensive sections of motorway that is. :?:
Afterwards, we should not see the bad from everywhere either, accidents on secondary roads is 65% of those killed against 5% on highways.

Where it is obvious that the government is only playing the role of interface between the economy and consumers is when we look at measures to reduce the number of killed: radars, active / passive security, zone low speed, driving aids etc ... basically anything that can produce abstract value.But weirdly NEVER decreasing measures*, that is to say, to reduce the number of vehicles in circulation, remember that represents nearly 35% of GHG emissions in France and four to five times more victims than said road accidents via air pollution. : roll:
But I must be a little paranoid! :)

*Incidentally the most important measure since consubstantial to accidentology (no cars = no accidents).
1 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 23/05/18, 13:40

The other question is how much will it cost to change all the panels? : Lol: €€€€€€€€€
At more than 150euros the panels should be oriented on several million euros ... the minister has a cousin in the media? : Mrgreen:
Ah, I'm mean! :)
0 x
Christophe

Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

by Christophe » 23/05/18, 15:46

I made a little reasoning on the facebook page of the site:

Here is the copied / pasted reasoning, the point e) is debatable ... but it was necessary to figure this in macroeconomics! We can refine, debate or complete together ...

I am quite surprised that no high-profile economist or journalist dared to make the following simple calculation about 90 to 80 km / h ... Let's move on to the so-called improvement of road safety that no study could not prove ...

a) the average distance in France work-dodo is 25,9 km ... 51,8 km / day
b) there will be 250 working days in France in 2018 minus 5 * 5 weeks of leave is 225 days worked
c) the average worker therefore travels 51,8 * 225 = 11 655 km a year to work
d) By rolling to 80 instead of 90, the average worker will therefore go 11 655 / 80 = 145,7h instead of 11 655 / 90 = 129,5h, the difference, 16,2h is 2 working days lost per year in his car for every French worker!
e) To go further, at the GDP level, we can assume that a worker on 2 uses his car to go to work (the reality must be higher) and knowing that the number of active workers in France is 25,8 million and that is roughly 25,8 / 2 * 16,2 / 8 = 26,1 million working days (8h per day) lost each year, I let you convert this loss of activity in € (at least 2 billion) ...

Finally, at the pollution level, a modern car will consume more at 100km at 80 than at 90 km / h ...

This measure is therefore neither good for the economy nor good for the ecology ...

ps: the figures of points a) to d) are those of INSEE
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

by sen-no-sen » 23/05/18, 16:08

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/05/18, 17:37

Finally, at the pollution level, a modern car will consume more at 100km at 80 than at 90 km / h ...
:?: :?: :?:At 90 it takes less time to reach our destination, but we consume more; 80 is longer, but it consumes less, which should return to the same, however the wear is faster.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/18, 19:37

Where do you get the 150 €?

I think a panel poses rather costs between 500 and 1000 € ... foundation in the earth included ... in the case of an urban panel to ask it is certainly much more (probably between 2 3000 €. ..). It is well known that the extra-billing on the public market is almost systematic (it is necessary that the parasites of the society live ... and there I speak about the true parasites! The durable ones ...) ...

Obviously we can keep the existing posts ... but some will certainly be added ...

Personally in a state supposedly bankrupt, and if I were Minister of Transport, I would have been content with a "light" solution like self-adhesive tape transforming the 9 into 8 for a few tens € / panel to convert and therefore reversible (we never know) or another process that does not aim to have to dismantle and sing the metal part ... But it seems that bankruptcy is only valid for certain citizens ...

For the 90 80 km / h debate, please continue here: new-transport / analysis-economic-on-90-passing-km-ha-80-km-h-en-France-t15672.html because I did a little macro-economic analysis ... and I would like to know what you think ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/05/18, 19:49

The conversion of lost time into silver equivalent is irrelevant: the possibly additional transport time would simply result in the obligation to leave earlier to work and return later at home, as is the case in large cities .
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/05/18, 20:00

the reasoning is quite capillo-drawn.
the extra time spent in transport is not at all certain because on a given path, the pieces where we will roll to 80 instead of 90 will be limited, more than what says that the decline in speed will not promote smoother traffic (this is what happens when there is traffic regulation due to a drop in speed on the motorway)
in short, simplistic arguments, I think.
when at the conso .....
speed and conso.jpg
speed and conso.jpg (223.08 Kio) Accessed 11391 times
2 x
Click my signature

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."