Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Economic analyzes on the passage from 90 km / h to 80 km / h in France ...

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/07/18, 09:43

sen-no-sen wrote:
nico239 wrote:
Hence the question: what would be your tolerance for a decrease in speed?
70, 60, 50? less?

This is a pertinent remark, however we can not extrapolate too far this reflection in the sense that logic would lead us to answer zero.
There is a vehicle power threshold that would make the speed reduction unacceptable to the driver.
For a motorcycle hypersporting roll at 90Km / h is already dragging, for cons 30km / h it is already much too much for the cardio number of cyclists ... the speed on a regulated road of a vehicle can be established through a convergence of parameters of the price / risk type, and the power of a vehicle according to a driving pleasure / purchasing power ratio.
Below a certain speed, it is necessary to have access to a new strategy, that is, to change the mode of transport ... something that governments do not want to put in place for the moment.

Exactly I do not extrapolate I ask what is the tolerance PERSONAL to the slowness ....

Curiously, every time I ask the proponents of lowering speeds it is almost impossible to get an answer.

And I wonder why?

On the other hand the threshold related to the power of the vehicles my faith it is not too the subject.

The new law lowers the speed for safety reasons, too bad for anyone with a Ferrari or a Yamaha R1, also for those 90 it was already weak.
I had a 900 CBR and the QUIET speed is around 130 : Mrgreen:

The question remains to those who believe that this is a good measure.

What would be TA / THEIR PERSONAL tolerance to a drop in speed?
70, 60, 50? less?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/07/18, 10:10

70, 60, 50? less?
or simply zero! :D
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/07/18, 10:16

Janic wrote:
70, 60, 50? less?
or simply zero! :D

Oh to move it will work much less well ... Image
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/07/18, 10:25

nico239 wrote:What would be TA / THEIR PERSONAL tolerance to a drop in speed?
70, 60, 50? less?

I would say around 70km / h.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/07/18, 11:04

It is good that everyone can establish for himself this low limit .... Image

I'm not sure that the most adept of the limitations are really able to apply themselves to themselves in all conditions ... and circumstances .... and especially to hold the stroke in the long run

Is the problem and the difficulties in enforcing speed limits really the speed ...?

It is enough to apply oneself to oneself to understand that the problem is not so much the speed as the slowness.
I leave to the exegetes (it's a beautiful debate) why is it so difficult to "go" slowly?

Slow life is a beautiful goal.
You can already train by typing SLOWLY on your computer keyboard ..... Image

As for rolling "slowly" SCRUPULOUSLY respecting all the limits indicated (especially the 50 sometimes implanted on beautiful bypasses .... ImageIt's a nice exercise in self-control not to say meditation. Image Image
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/07/18, 12:07

Oh to move it will work much less well ...
or drive in reverse at -50; -70. : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/07/18, 13:20

nico239 wrote:Quite an open question ....

Since this measure is going in the right direction and since it makes us win 13m braking

We can also say that this measure makes us lose 13 even 26m braking (I extrapolate on the pub in force) what is criminal no? : Mrgreen: since it just limits the speed to 80 instead of 70 or 60 which would be MUCH more secure.

So for you since this measure is going in the right direction we can think that still less quickly would be even more in the good sense ...

70, 60, 50? less?

It is certain that if all drivers stayed at home instead of driving, there would be fewer deaths on the roads! : Cheesy:
It's all about positioning a measure so that it gives, in principle, more advantages than disadvantages!

This debate is complex and we can find a thousand and one arguments to criticize this measure. Nevertheless, one can not reproach the legislator (except to consider that his true intentions are hidden) to propose a measure to try to reduce the scourge of the killed on the road, even if, and I already hear the arguments of the contradictors, There are surely other measures that are probably more effective, starting with reducing the number of cars on the roads ...

We fall back on the paradoxes and contradictions of our society: the automobile industry is one of the most active for the economy of our society, yet it generates deleterious crossings: air pollution, urban insecurity, noise, etc. .
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/07/18, 23:45

Grelinette wrote:
nico239 wrote:Quite an open question ....

Since this measure is going in the right direction and since it makes us win 13m braking

We can also say that this measure makes us lose 13 even 26m braking (I extrapolate on the pub in force) what is criminal no? : Mrgreen: since it just limits the speed to 80 instead of 70 or 60 which would be MUCH more secure.

So for you since this measure is going in the right direction we can think that still less quickly would be even more in the good sense ...

70, 60, 50? less?

It is certain that if all drivers stayed at home instead of driving, there would be fewer deaths on the roads! : Cheesy:
It's all about positioning a measure so that it gives, in principle, more advantages than disadvantages!

This debate is complex and we can find a thousand and one arguments to criticize this measure. Nevertheless, one can not reproach the legislator (except to consider that his true intentions are hidden) to propose a measure to try to reduce the scourge of the killed on the road, even if, and I already hear the arguments of the contradictors, There are surely other measures that are probably more effective, starting with reducing the number of cars on the roads ...

We fall back on the paradoxes and contradictions of our society: the automobile industry is one of the most active for the economy of our society, yet it generates deleterious crossings: air pollution, urban insecurity, noise, etc. .

Do not extrapolate what I have not said there is no question of staying at home but to ROLL LESS ...

So, so, so .... what speed would ideally be yours? Image Image Image
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/07/18, 21:04

Grelinette, you write:
the automobile industry is one of the most active for the economy of our society, However it generates deleterious crossings: air pollution, urban insecurity, noise, etc.

It is I who underline "yet": there is nothing contradictory about it and this "however" is not justified. It is because the automotive industry and all that is connected with it is able to generate significant energy flows that it adversely modifies our living environment (and mainly because of the advantages it provides! :D ).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/07/18, 23:21

Ahmed wrote:It is I who underline "yet": there is nothing contradictory about it and this "however" is not justified. It is because the automotive industry and all that is connected with it is able to generate significant energy flows that it adversely modifies our living environment (and mainly because of the advantages it provides! :D ).

Uh .... are not the cows too ??? Image
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."