A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Moindreffor » 14/06/18, 17:44

Did67 wrote:Ah yes. Indeed, it even liquefies relatively easily. I was left with the reinjection of combustion gases in greenhouses. Maybe we don't stop progress and the greenhouse growers are affording the luxury of "bottles of CO2 liquid "and have become customers of" Air Liquide ".

A Google search further: indeed, the offer exists!

https://industrie.airliquide.fr/aliment ... serres-co2

And a very specific point on the subject, on the website of the Canadian Department of Agriculture, confirms it:

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/french/crop ... 00-078.htm

So I'm wrong on this point.

[Note that with tight greenhouses, in Canada, CO2 would miss very quickly, considering the very very low content that looks. So the question is, what is the content - if you restore the natural 0,04% or 400 ppm or if you push 1 000, to increase the yield. With the consequences evoked.]

CO2 liquid is what is found in all gas extinguishers, so nothing new indeed, after the injection of CO2 to grow plants is a classic aquarium hobby
so for tomatoes or more generally for greenhouses yes why not, that all rates collapse, normal, you inflate a vegetable fleet, well it has a dilution effect
it's not bad for health as a process, it's just how to sell more, at the expense of taste and nutritional quality,
report on cherry tomatoes, between organic in the ground and greenhouse, a factor 6 9 in production land per hectare, everything is said
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 14/06/18, 20:03

Yes. The liquefaction process is not unknown to me. But considering the price of extinguishers (I bought some in a previous professional life!), I thought it was too expensive to then "spray" it as a fertilizer.

Photosynthesis is a hyper-tense flow mechanism for CO2 : a "circulating" stock of 400 ppm in the atmosphere (even if that makes impressive tonnages) in which the plants "tap" permanently to make organic matter. And that man and the other heterotrophs hurry to replace ...

Where we can "lock up" plants in closed greenhouses, the temptation is great to "spike" them by providing more than 400 ppm ... With the risk of diluting the useful elements, of course.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 14/06/18, 20:49

Did67 wrote:Yes. The liquefaction process is not unknown to me. But considering the price of extinguishers (I bought some in a previous professional life!), I thought it was too expensive to then "spray" it as a fertilizer.

Photosynthesis is a hyper-tense flow mechanism for CO2 : a "circulating" stock of 400 ppm in the atmosphere (even if that makes impressive tonnages) in which the plants "tap" permanently to make organic matter. And that man and the other heterotrophs hurry to replace ...

Where we can "lock up" plants in closed greenhouses, the temptation is great to "spike" them by providing more than 400 ppm ... With the risk of diluting the useful elements, of course.

Ben the cost is proportional to the rate increase, 400 ppm is ridiculous as a rate, so on a greenhouse of 100m long 4m high and 6m wide, we have a volume of 2400m3 that makes 1m3 of CO2 about, for 400 ppm, which is about 2kg of CO2 the equivalent of a small fire extinguisher, to double the CO2
the game is certainly worth the candle
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 14/06/18, 21:07

Yes, I do not doubt it ! Otherwise, they would not !!! Even if it's everyday !!!

What I said was that I thought that it would be prohibitive in this form. I was wrong.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/06/18, 21:42

It is not the gas that is expensive, it is the packaging and the charging operation (in the case of fire extinguishers).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 15/06/18, 09:02

For liquefactions, in general, it is the energy to cool and put under pressure, in the case of "abundant" gases, such as CO2 or nitrogen ... For others, more rare, it is the distillation to separate them. And of course, the purity sought (medical gases) ...

There, in fact, it is easy. CO2 liquefies quite easily, at a fairly low pressure and not too low a temperature. I imagine that they start from gas collected in "fermenters" so as not to have to extract it and concentrate from the air ???
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 15/06/18, 10:29

Hello,
It seems to me that co2 is also recovered in the combustion gases of large plate boilers.
Olivier
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 27/06/18, 09:35

Since 10 days the picture of my garden is black. After the long wet period, the weather suddenly changed to a long dry period with sunny blue skies and temperatures exceeding the 30 degrees almost every day. Results mainly on foliage:
2018-06-26 09.03.16.jpg
physalis
2018-06-26 09.20.50.jpg
pumpkin
2018-06-26 09.03.39.jpg
melon
2018-06-26 09.05.12.jpg
cucumber
2018-06-26 09.25.10.jpg
celery root

I think it's just burns, like sunburn! Or a disease? I cover sensitive plants.
But the worst is the disease that strikes my pdt. Apparently a mildew, photos to follow.
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 27/06/18, 10:02

at home, the basil leaves outside have also blackened and dried out (like your plant in photo n ° 1), the basil in the greenhouse is doing well.
cucumbers vegetate but cucu often do this after transplanting, they vegetate for a moment then take off in one fell swoop.
but you there, it seems to suffer, yellowing, rot even ...
there was a lot of rain, now hot and big darling and there were some rather cool nights a few days ago (at 6 ° C at home, I do not know if you were touched in Gironde)
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 27/06/18, 14:13

Yes it is possible although I do not have enough to measure / record these temperatures.
In any case here are the pdts photos:
2018-06-27 09.49.41.jpg
2018-06-27 09.49.34.jpg

The problem is that we are only half the time of culture! I fear a ravage of my garden, especially since the tomatoes are obviously also affected (same mushroom):
2018-06-27 11.31.58.jpg
2018-06-27 09.53.01.jpg
On these two photos taken this morning towards 11h30 we can notice the last drops of water of guttation on the top leaves, as well as the attacks of the mushroom on the leaves of the bottom. As I have said elsewhere, I suspect this guttation phenomenon is a factor aggravating the risk of mildew contamination as well as condensation. This seems to be confirmed for the tomato. I do not know if the pdt is a vascular plant (allowing guttation), in any case I did not notice it on ..
0 x