A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by guibnd » 10/06/18, 07:10

to be chafoin wrote:I'm (re) asking about the size of these vegetables. A pipe ?

you mean the size of the plant I guess ... quite invasive especially the pumpkin, leave at least a meter between each foot and you can orient the stems as they grow to concentrate them in the area that you reserve them otherwise it will "run" everywhere.
you can cut melon and pumpkin, but even without a specific size, you will have fruit.
besides the size is not so obvious, at the beginning it is quite easy when the plant is small but when it becomes a tangle, I drop the size and I let it go and I have beautiful fruits;
let's say that by pruning, we direct the sap towards the fruit which gets bigger
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/06/18, 14:04

to be chafoin wrote: On the 3, only 2 pdt came out just recently, I took out one and it looks like this: 2018-06-07 18.26.19.jpg I don't know where it comes from I put here my last seeds which were of lower quality than the others: some dehydrated, not pre-germinated ... Otherwise we will see the harvest.
well I think you give yourself the answer to your questions, you couldn't do better for it not to work : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/06/18, 14:07

Guibnd wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:I'm (re) asking about the size of these vegetables. A pipe ?

you mean the size of the plant I guess ... quite invasive especially the pumpkin, leave at least a meter between each foot and you can orient the stems as they grow to concentrate them in the area that you reserve them otherwise it will "run" everywhere.
you can cut melon and pumpkin, but even without a specific size, you will have fruit.
besides the size is not so obvious, at the beginning it is quite easy when the plant is small but when it becomes a tangle, I drop the size and I let it go and I have beautiful fruits;
let's say that by pruning, we direct the sap towards the fruit which gets bigger

pruning at the beginning is to multiply the stems and as each fruit appears a certain number of nodes if you have only one stem you must have a very long stem to have several fruits, with more stems you have more fruit on shorter stems, therefore on less space
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 10/06/18, 21:53

Ok thanks for the info
The heads of my feet of chillies "pour". strange, maybe a lack of water ...
2018-06-10 20.32.05.jpg
2018-06-10 20.31.54.jpg
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 10/06/18, 22:15

to be chafoin wrote:Ok thanks for the info

me too, my peppers heads nose down. mine are in the greenhouse and less advanced than yours, i am in normandy, not ideal for peppers did i tell myself? too much water? not enough ?
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 11/06/18, 15:41

Guibnd wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:Ok thanks for the info

me too, my peppers heads nose down. mine are in the greenhouse and less advanced than yours, i am in normandy, not ideal for peppers did i tell myself? too much water? not enough ?

Apparently it's a lack of water, these are the same feet after a night watered by the rain.
2018-06-11 12.34.31.jpg
2018-06-11 12.34.23.jpg
Like what, even if the soil on the ground of the plants can seem wet, the plants can lack water! Peppers / peppers need heat and grow more slowly than tomatoes. They need heat so it's good for your greenhouse. Finally, from these photos we can believe that they also need to be well watered and it makes me think that my peppers are Espelette peppers and they grow in the Basque country, one of the most watered regions of France !
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 11/06/18, 21:39

to be chafoin wrote:
Guibnd wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:The heads of my feet of chillies "pour". strange, maybe a lack of water ...

Apparently it's a lack of water, these are the same feet after a night watered by the rain.

mine also straighten a few hours after a good watering!
peppers obviously need more water than other plants in the greenhouse, namely tomatoes, basil, melon, physalis.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/06/18, 00:15

The beginning of the meteorological summer begins on June 1, it is the beginning of the hottest season of the year in the northern hemisphere. Also I add thicknesses on my cutlery because the hay has melted like snow in the sun with this heat and this humidity.
2018-06-11 19.49.31.jpg
Pumpkin refilled with fine cut bean remains and fresh herbs
We see in passing that the yellowing has not improved much.
Last edited by to be chafoin the 12 / 06 / 18, 00: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/06/18, 00:17

Reloading a little wilder in herbs, nettles ...
2018-06-11 19.51.56.jpg
tomato and pdt
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 12/06/18, 00:33

I'm looking for interesting biomass in the area:
2018-06-11 19.50.42.jpg
nettles and brambles
2018-06-11 20.34.19.jpg