A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/09/18, 02:48

A great reward :!:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/09/18, 08:25

alright, does that reward your non job : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 03/09/18, 09:52

Green vegetables, a sign of absence total of "nitrogen hunger" !!!
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 03/09/18, 11:03

Did67 wrote:Green vegetables, a sign of absence total of "nitrogen hunger" !!!
Yes for this border of beets and chard. I noticed that my chard and my sorrel were much more beautiful than in previous years. Elsewhere I asked myself the question, as here on the prairie side:
2018-09-02 11.54.05.jpg
the melon on the slugs side!
The leaves are really pitchounes
For this melon, I do not remember very well but I think I put the hay really very late, from the style to the plantation. Can it play?

And not far from the melon:
2018-09-02 11.56.06.jpg
butternuts awaiting harvest
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/09/18, 11:36

yes like me, you were hungry for nitrogen on this type of crop, me too hay planted late around March and on fake BRF, with dry weather no mowing of lawns to compensate for the lack of nitrogen

I naively watered right at the base of the plants, then I finally integrated that if I wanted my hay to mineralize, I had to water it too, so I switched to surface watering and it started to take off, with the return of a few thunderstorms, a drop in temperatures, the mineralization has accelerated, I have just harvested my first cucumber over 20cm long, I have never had one so long, in short a cucumber that looks like a cucumber, not a large pickle

my zucchini is puny also this year, minimal harvest, and leaves that remained light green, I made the mistake to plant these greedy where I had put the most false BRF, so there also big hunger for nitrogen

my errors are mainly due to a lack of reflection for lack of availability of my gray matter occupied with managing other problems, with vacations and rest, I was able to do the retrospective analysis and therefore verify that what should be go well, I hope to be more available for my vegetable garden next year
0 x
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 03/09/18, 23:18

Moindreffor wrote:my errors are mainly due to a lack of reflection for lack of availability of my gray matter occupied with managing other problems, with vacations and rest, I was able to do the retrospective analysis and therefore verify that what should be go well, I hope to be more available for my vegetable garden next year
Yes there is not to say it is time the vegetable garden, not always to do great work (such as sowing, planting ...) but we must at least follow the life of plants throughout their development ( for example to observe the small changes that follow one another ...)

Question gray matter, I just realized that I planted too many tomatoes without paying attention to the precocity of the varieties. You could even say that this is a factor that I almost did not take into account ... I planted what I was given or the commercial plants that I found promising ... Error!
As a result my few early plans (I don't know why) vegetated and most of my tomatoes started to ripen mid August. I thought that it came from the heat wave and the lack of water but above all ... it was normal since I have just checked that the Roma, the Saint Pierre and the Coeur de boeuf are semi-late or late!

Moral: if I had taken better account of the precocity, I could a priori have had tomatoes 1 month earlier!

A lesson for next year ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 04/09/18, 09:06

to be chafoin wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:my errors are mainly due to a lack of reflection for lack of availability of my gray matter occupied with managing other problems, with vacations and rest, I was able to do the retrospective analysis and therefore verify that what should be go well, I hope to be more available for my vegetable garden next year
Yes there is not to say it is time the vegetable garden, not always to do great work (such as sowing, planting ...) but we must at least follow the life of plants throughout their development ( for example to observe the small changes that follow one another ...)

Question gray matter, I just realized that I planted too many tomatoes without paying attention to the precocity of the varieties. You could even say that this is a factor that I almost did not take into account ... I planted what I was given or the commercial plants that I found promising ... Error!
As a result my few early plans (I don't know why) vegetated and most of my tomatoes started to ripen mid August. I thought that it came from the heat wave and the lack of water but above all ... it was normal since I have just checked that the Roma, the Saint Pierre and the Coeur de boeuf are semi-late or late!

Moral: if I had taken better account of the precocity, I could a priori have had tomatoes 1 month earlier!
A lesson for next year ...

I avoid late ones because mildew often decimates them well before harvest, for next year for tomatoes, it is early seedlings, transplanted in mid-May with a series in backup, more spaced planting and on supports 2D and no longer just vertical
for zucchini, pumpkins, cucumbers, and I think pickles, a series in scoop and size of the feet and a series directly in the ground and there too transplanting much earlier
0 x
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 17/09/18, 18:50

After a good harvest phase and when the late season is beautiful but desperately dry (I have to water again), my tomatoes are badly damaged by green bugs http://www.terrevivante.org/475-la-punaise-verte.htm apparently it.

Here's what it can do:
2018-09-16 18.56.01.jpg
small tomato ravaged, the fruits grow badly and are sometimes pierced ...

They attack everything a bit (especially tomatoes, beans, peppers ...). I remove them by hand but it's pretty annoying to see this mess.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 18/09/18, 21:12

Another problem or is it the same: the skin of tomatoes hardens. We see in the middle of the dermis a whitish part.
2018-09-18 10.50.01.jpg
2018-09-18 10.50.01.jpg (443.47 KB) Viewed times 1921
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/09/18, 01:17

to be chafoin wrote:After a good harvest phase and when the late season is beautiful but desperately dry (I have to water again), my tomatoes are badly damaged by green bugs http://www.terrevivante.org/475-la-punaise-verte.htm apparently it.

Here's what it can do: 2018-09-16 18.56.01.jpg

They attack everything a bit (especially tomatoes, beans, peppers ...). I remove them by hand but it's pretty annoying to see this mess.

I had plenty in the Vaucluse.

Did the products spilled in the vines decimate predators?

That said, I also vainly carried out research on bedbug predators ...

You know yourself apart from a parasite I think ...

In short here there is none and that's good because it is true that they greedily suck the tomatoes.

You do like my grandfather you put them in sachets.
0 x