Grass as fuel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Remundo

Re: Turf as fuel

by Remundo » 12/05/18, 19:20

you dry it and you take a lighter ... you'll see. : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/05/18, 19:30

You put it inside a donkey and you'll see, it produces heat and, as a bonus, mechanical energy! :D

PS: not even need to mow and dry, the above device is fully autonomous (there is even an integrated fertilizer spreading function!) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/05/18, 20:02

for a farmer, burning hay as fuel is stupid! hay has a lot more value as a feed for cattle ... there is only when there is poorly stored hay that rotten it has lost its quality of food that could burn ... but when that rotten it also loses its fuel quality

at home under the shelter where I put grass cut for goose, it does not eat everything, which is too dry and can be used as fuel, but bad fuel because badly dried
0 x
urok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by urok » 12/05/18, 20:48

chatelot16 wrote:for a farmer, burning hay as fuel is stupid! hay has a lot more value as livestock feed ... dry

Yes, but if there is overproduction?

Ahmed wrote:You put it inside a donkey and you'll see, it produces heat and, as a bonus, mechanical energy! :D

very funny ! Between donkeys, do you understand yourself?

Remundo wrote:you dry it and you take a lighter ... you'll see. : Lol:

I have no doubt about it, it burns !! But what interests me is to go further ...

To read ...
0 x
urok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by urok » 12/05/18, 20:58

@Chatelot16: to be more precise on your last post, what to say then AgroPellets? It is good, somewhere, pellets of agricultural plants such as hay or other grains that should be used for livestock, right? And yet it is well marketed ... So why not baled hay as fuel? Provided there are boilers or other stoves adhoc to use them at best ... And that, I still have no answer ...
To read
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/05/18, 00:41

maybe this page can interest you: the boiler with straw
http://www.icem-freinet.net/~btj/BTson891/en4.htm

it must work in dry hay too.
0 x
urok
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by urok » 13/05/18, 08:16

yes Remundo, I had the same approach as you, thinking that the straw could be assimilated to hay, but the straw seems very different from the hay in its constitution. In addition, there are quite a few items on the straw as fuel while nothing about the hay, which is fishy ...
That's why I was orienting myself in my last message on agropellets because maybe they are close to the hay. But we should already make sure and if that was the case to form pellets, which seems to me much more difficult than bullets, bales or bricks ...
A read.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/05/18, 10:07

What you insist on not wanting to understand is the legitimacy of your questioning. It inevitably follows the absence of answers likely to suit you; but it can last a long time ... :D .

So, you write:
... there are a lot of items on the straw as fuel while nothing about the hay, which is fishy ...

It is not suspicious, but normal for the reasons I have already mentioned and the fact that straw is a waste, while hay is a production in its own right.
And also:
... the agropellets, because perhaps they are close to the hay.

These varieties of pellets are made from agricultural waste or agri-food, so it's better to forget! The very idea of ​​making hay pellets to burn them would represent a prodigious reduction in the heat output relative to the work required (already very negative).
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/05/18, 11:18

the only difference between straw and hay is the possible seeds, but on the stems the difference is very small. It is essentially lignocellulose.

besides the seeds burn well too, there are even wheat boilers (that will please Ahmed : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/05/18, 12:10

(It will please Ahmed : Mrgreen: )

I know that kind of thing very well. This may be less shocking than it seems: a significant amount of grain is decommissioned each year for sanitary reasons and ends up in landfill, so why not burn them instead?
The combustion of cereals, if my memories are good, causes a lot of clinker that does not simplify the driving of such boilers ...
It is probably tempting for producers facing price variations to burn healthy cereals as well, but that does not call into question the absurdity of the attempt to recover the oil previously consumed ... : roll:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."