New Lazy Potager in the 37

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: New Lazy Potager in the 37

by Did67 » 12/06/18, 09:15

Diabolorent wrote: free your mind, analyze problems only when they happen, and not anticipate them with "**** cides", for the rest the deckchair (or the hammock) remains the best tool : Lol:

I like !

In my confs, I use the formula: "Start by asking yourself the question of what not to do to make it work better!", Which is to trust the living, instead of remaining in his schizophrenia " But if I don't do everything right, it will never work! "

Saturday a group of visitors. In front of a line of eradis well attacked by "thrips" (the "holes" in the leaves), a lady asks me what I am doing. My response: "Nothing, radishes are beautiful!" (and I tear one off to show them).
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/06/18, 12:22

Did67 wrote:
Diabolorent wrote: free your mind, analyze problems only when they happen, and not anticipate them with "**** cides", for the rest the deckchair (or the hammock) remains the best tool : Lol:

I like !

In my confs, I use the formula: "Start by asking yourself the question of what not to do to make it work better!", Which is to trust the living, instead of remaining in his schizophrenia " But if I don't do everything right, it will never work! "

Saturday a group of visitors. In front of a line of eradis well attacked by "thrips" (the "holes" in the leaves), a lady asks me what I am doing. My response: "Nothing, radishes are beautiful!" (and I tear one off to show them).

We were thinking with Ms. a little on the same subject of the beauty of the leaves of root vegetables ...

However, I have a subsidiary question

For these vegetables: radish, turnip, beets, even cabbage, in short all vegetables whose leaves are not eaten, the degradation of the leaves during growth can it harm the development of said vegetables ....
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/06/18, 14:15

The "damage" can be more or less important ... So yes, a serious attack undoubtedly harms significantly. A less serious attack probably also ...

But if at the end, we have enough ????

"Commercial" cabbages (are found in supermarkets) are intentionally cut far too early, otherwise they are too big and ... unsaleable!

Radishes if they take a few more days ... ????
0 x
pheno37
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pheno37 » 29/01/19, 10:23

@ Nico239:
"I find it great for the PRACTICAL side.
I did last year but as usual in bad conditions ... (attention and vigilance).
Convenient because the bottle protects little
You can cover easily with a veil
It is easily transportable
You do not have to worry about watering if you put a good bed of gravel several cm that you fill with water.
It protects creatures if you take them out
Cold too
To plant a scissors hitting the bottom of the bottle, the pebbles turn and you put directly on the ground well wedged by hay
You pass transplanting in intermediate bucket since the container is large at the origin
So I find that it gives rather less work than seedbed more transplant into 9 buckets like this year
"

Hi and thank you for your reply.
I, too, have experimented for two years on a small scale with luck, misfortune and trial and error, of course. :?
in 2017 I only successfully made a few stems of tomatoes (100% Blec_G method): planting out in the planter on the balcony.
Last year they spun. On the other hand correct result with zucchini, pumpkin and cucumbers then transplanted into the hay (see the context at the beginning of this thread)
Considering the answers obtained on the "Fil-boulevard" I note that beyond the a priori not experimented, this method - in my eyes attractive - is however little used. That was the point of my question.
It suits me all the better as my PP_37 is 7 km from my apartment; therefore it is easier for me to monitor my bottles without moving around. This is a big advantage for me. Then, we transplant directly as you described it. Last point, I am looking more for pleasure than for self-sufficiency and efficiency; suddenly the point of view and the "convictions" are not the same ... Last year, I was satisfied with 8 feet of tomatoes. That is to say...
I intend to continue the experience this year especially since I went from 50 to 75m2 of hay.
Kind regards.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/19, 10:58

These exchanges show one thing that we forget all the time: "to each his own lazy vegetable garden" ... Depending on his situation and his "conditions". Goals that we also set ourselves ... And our desires ...

Therefore, "normative thoughts" of the "We must ..." type have no meaning!

For my part, for around 500 m², I prepare hundreds of plants of all kinds. In addition, I have a habit of always doing too much. Like "who can do more can do less". And the hardest part is getting started. Once the plates, the soil, the bags have been taken out, make 10 plants or 25, that's kif-kif. After, I fill a layer of 1 m and a few x 2 m and a few. This is my "unit". I water with the pipe and the apple. I ventilate according to the sun. Whether there are 200 plants, or 500, no difference!

So I go there industrially, with plates. I do not buy bottled water - I am lucky to have piedmont water, which we could bottle so much it is good (except sometimes for a conf, even if there too I re -fill the bottles I'm trying to keep!). So the bottles would be a huge worry for me!

Afterwards, when it's presented as a "great system", as with any "great system", I laugh! Even if I admit that the wire to cut the butter, you had to think about it, it's great for cutting slices of foie gras, there is nothing better!
0 x
pheno37
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pheno37 » 29/01/19, 11:16

Ah relativity ...
Albert said, to illustrate his theory, "time will seem much longer if you are sitting on a hot radiator rather than on the lap of a pretty girl."
What can I say better ...
I don't know if this method is "great"; I did not use this qualifier. The author either, it seems to me. But with my constraints and my weak ambitions, I don't mind her. I even find it quite practical. So I am going to continue to experiment with it while suspecting that it probably does not apply to any type of seedling.
Regards,
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/19, 11:54

Oh, I saw - finally saw and then I clicked - "systems" with bottles posing as revolutionary ... That was a very general remark.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 29/01/19, 13:04

Did67 wrote:Oh, I saw - finally saw and then I clicked - "systems" with bottles posing as revolutionary ... That was a very general remark.

Image ah yeah there it is anything but revolutionary ... just a different container, it goes no further.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/19, 13:17

Come on, we'll take me for a piss-vinegar (that must hurt, right ????). A little research, two clicks, is "AMAZING" is not far off. Look at the counter: it exceeds the majority of my videos !!! This is to say that people are clamoring for something incredible!

2019-01-29_13h15_09 sowing in bottle.png
2019-01-29_13h15_09 sowing in bottle.png (333.73 KiB) Viewed 3560 times

This is why I groan!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 29/01/19, 16:30

I am like Didier, never or almost no bottled water. Macarons who need money should tax all these single-use containers.
What is even more shocking is that often those who use the bottles for gardening throw them away or leave them in the wild after use. Ditto for the strings to tie the tomatoes.
This is what some of the green bobos do or I garden on a plot or the city of Nantes lets do for the moment.
0 x