Ground cover with some seaweed on the beach?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Ground cover with some seaweed on the beach?

by Chris of corsica » 18/02/18, 23:56

ground cover with a little seaweed recovery on the beach ???
Good morning all ,,

here I have the possibility of recovering little dry algae (natural cycle of the plant) on the beach, and I wonder if I can take advantage of these algae to stew them to my ground cover ,,, ps if I have to think about here, that I lack volume for my ground cover, to prepare my surface for my future plantation ,,,,,
thanks if you had any idea what it could have given for the ground screw ?!

chris
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: ground cover with a little seaweed recovery on the beach?

by Bardal » 19/02/18, 04:51

The use of seaweed recovered on the beach and an old Breton tradition (and probably elsewhere); these algae constitute a first choice manure for a vegetable garden ... There is no reason why it should be different in Corsica ...
0 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpg43 » 19/02/18, 08:17

Hello, on the beaches of Corsica we often periodically find large layers of Posidonia leaves which are underwater plants and not algae and lose their leaves. There may also be algae.

In addition to bringing salt to the ground, it is normally forbidden to harvest these without authorization because they contribute to the stability of the coasts. Normally there is a management of these deposits.
1 x
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chris of corsica » 19/02/18, 09:58

jpg43 wrote:Hello, on the beaches of Corsica we often periodically find large layers of Posidonia leaves which are underwater plants and not algae and lose their leaves. There may also be algae.

In addition to bringing salt to the ground, it is normally forbidden to harvest these without authorization because they contribute to the stability of the coasts. Normally there is a management of these deposits.

you say that normally there is a management of these deposits, or pence you that I can go to have the info ,,, to be able to recover some can ??
0 x
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chris of corsica » 19/02/18, 10:40

jpg43 wrote:Hello, on the beaches of Corsica we often periodically find large layers of Posidonia leaves which are underwater plants and not algae and lose their leaves. There may also be algae.

time I do not know if he has the possibility of recovering these unwinds in peace, I do not pause the question ,, whether or not it was good to recover them for the used or not ,,,
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/02/18, 11:54

jpg43 wrote: it is normally forbidden to harvest these without authorization because they contribute to the stability of the coasts, Normally there is a management of these deposits.

To my knowledge, it is the harvest of living (hanging) algae that is regulated or even prohibited. The harvest of "dead" algae washed up on a beach is not specifically targeted, even if of course other rules must be respected, in particular the fairly general ban on motorized vehicles.
But hey, I'm not completely sure.
0 x
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chris of corsica » 19/02/18, 12:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:
jpg43 wrote: it is normally forbidden to harvest these without authorization because they contribute to the stability of the coasts, Normally there is a management of these deposits.

To my knowledge, it is the harvest of living (hanging) algae that is regulated or even prohibited. The harvest of "dead" algae washed up on a beach is not specifically targeted, even if of course other rules must be respected, in particular the fairly general ban on motorized vehicles.
But hey, I'm not completely sure.

the c of the dead algae and in what I dismay her with the hands that I see her ((small quantity)), but first I want to know what I can do and if I can do it ,,, or found the info?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/02/18, 12:44

Chris from corse wrote: or found the info?

The best in my opinion is to phone the Town Hall of the place where you plan to collect them.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 19/02/18, 14:04

A priori, the regulations depend on the zones and varieties of algae.

For example: the Posidonia are protected species. It is forbidden to pick them up (the municipalities can implement pickup plans for tourist reasons, but with date and technical constraints).
0 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Ground cover with a little seaweed recovery on the beach?

by jpg43 » 19/02/18, 18:08

The stranded Posidonia are dead. It is obvious that it is prohibited to destroy seagrass of Posidonia which are not algae. Anyway it is in principle forbidden to collect what is called the sea leash. More or less fresh algae located at the highest of the tides and which participates in the fixing of the dunes and constitute an ecosystem. In general this is often stated on signs located at the access to the beach. Especially in the Atlantic area

In other cases there may be a pickup especially before the summer season but in general this does not concern the sea leash. This is managed by the municipalities or other administration.

In Corsica it is mostly dead leaves of Posidonia, often very thick and often over large areas. Stratified with sandbanks They help maintain the beaches which, according to the currents, the winds transform. Some have moved back several meters. So one cannot come to serve oneself freely without risk of problems.
By cons see with the beach cleaning services.
0 x