The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Christophe » 20/10/18, 12:31

That's exactly what I thought ... But there are still good journalists, it's just more rare.

If you wish, I can put you in touch with Juliette Duquesne (ex TF1 direct who returned his jacket to "become a good journalist" : Mrgreen: to take the idea above).

I have been in contact with her for several months and I have already touched her on your book.

She just finished this with ... Pierre Rhabi: https://www.econologie.com/carnet-alert ... -duquesne/

I think it would be 2 very interesting "allies" to help promote phenoculture!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/18, 12:34

Christophe wrote:[
That of Didier will be mentioned one day too: we do not remain 1er on Amazon so long without attracting the attention and interest of literary chroniclers or researchers ... (or so it's really that the world is rotten until the marrow! parano mode off)

I am not looking for any exhibition that I am not ready for. Basically, the "media circus". Typically, the Ruquier and Co, other type "Talk show". I will be swept by the first "Yann Moix" on duty.

On the other hand, more "posed" emissions, a benevolent report in "Silence ça push" or on Arte ...

For traveling ideas I believe.

My draw has already exploded everything I had imagined in a dream [objective: to sell 1 drunk, and my effort and reward; ambition: 000 so that it does not go to waste; dream: 3 - this propels the book into more than honorable prints in its field; all that is outdated]. My "ego" is full! I know some people doubt. I am giving you a verbatim "letter" that I will send to people who are waiting for answers ...

Dear all, dear friends of the "Potager du Sloth",

Many of you ask me, for visits, conferences, articles, meetings ... I am delighted. The "ideas" I am defending in gardening are widely echoed. That I would never have suspected. And it goes very fast. The successive reprints of my book are proof of this.
I had absolutely not imagined, but then not a second, that it could take such a magnitude. And while I feared to be bored, I naively opened "all the valves", all channels: left my email address on Youtube or at the end of the book, solicited your reactions, invited to visits ...
This summer, I have already struggled to respond to various requests. I filmed videos that I did not have time to "go up" and put on line ... Some people remained unanswered to their email. I had to learn to say no. I found myself "exhausted" after weekends where sometimes 5 events were linked! As a precaution, I told my cardiologist ...
Mid-October, an ordinary fall on the bike reminded me to order. As I like to do things, I made ... a "bad fall"! Double fracture in the shoulder. It is useless to operate, but it will take time to rebuild - 3 or 4 months.
Except some commitments already made and that I will try to hold (conferences, etc), that brings me to suspend a little my activities. I think this break will also be an opportunity to think about a more satisfying organization for me and for those interested in the "Lazy Potager".
A priori, I will continue to produce videos, maybe some in German. This is the easiest way to address the greatest number. Some have been seen more than 100 000 times; the majority tens of thousands of times. There is 15 000 subscribers.
Conferences, which, little by little, extend to the national level, are another activity that I would privilege. This direct contact I like a lot. He is "inspiring". These are usually one or several hundred people who are affected. But with travel, it's tiring. I have to get back ...
For visits to the garden, for which the ratio "time that it takes me / number of people affected" is much less favorable, I will try to see if I am able to set up a blog, with a section in which people interested parties will find the dates of visits, limited and fixed in advance. On the other hand, I will also privilege organized groups (schools, gardeners associations, etc.).
Of course, all the unanswered questions in the first book are waiting for one in a second book, which I hope to tackle this winter, as soon as I have recovered the mobility of my right arm.
I apologize to those who were waiting for a date for a visit, sometimes already promised. I hope I can count on their understanding of these involuntary events, but also in the face of this realization that I must protect myself better.
cordially

Didier Helmstetter
3 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/10/18, 12:46

It bounces on what was said elsewhere ... this painful shoulder allows you to ask a little
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 20/10/18, 12:49

Did67 wrote:at first, I will continue to produce videos, maybe some in German

yes, and especially a German translation of your book as well as the following, conferences in Germany etc.

you will sell millions of copies and become rich, very rich, you deserve so much! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/18, 13:01

Yes good idea like that it can support the survival of the forum with lots of gifts !! : Mrgreen:

Whatever one says about German ecology and eco-virtues, the reality is much less green!

I'm not sure that the Germans welcome so favorably a book by a French author ... even an Alsatian : Cheesy:
They are chemists, among the 1er in the world, who defend their industry (and they know how to do it better than us!)
Finally, how many people in the world read German?

Because of all this, an English translation seems to me to prioritize ... and widely!

Go go go DaïDSixtySeven !!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/18, 13:05

nico239 wrote:It bounces on what was said elsewhere ... this painful shoulder allows you to ask a little

You inspire me a lot !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/18, 13:11

ps: I think that the translation budget (for 1 language) will be of the order of at least 10 000 € for such a book ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/18, 16:11

I have already relaunched my publisher.

Some books on a different gardening have a priori made large draw there. They translated Ruth Stout, never translated in France.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/10/18, 16:13

Christophe wrote:
If you wish, I can put you in touch with Juliette Duquesne (ex TF1 direct who returned his jacket to "become a good journalist" : Mrgreen: to take the idea above).

I have been in contact with her for several months and I have already touched her on your book.

I very much doubt that I am interested in the "Rhabi system". In any case, she never contacted me again. As I think Rhabi is not a good agronomist, I don't think it would go far!
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/10/18, 16:50

Did67 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

I very much doubt that I am interested in the "Rhabi system". In any case, she never contacted me again. As I think Rhabi is not a good agronomist, I don't think it would go far!

yes indeed I also think that your frank talk, your questioning of the bobo-sphere, and your refusal to be the new guru are not the right keys to open the doors of such programs or as you say it would be to rush you

so do not seek the effect of announcement but last thanks to the quality of the bottom of your book
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)