The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Did67 » 18/06/18, 08:22

There is a "misdirection" at the start: the person does not find what he was looking for, that is to say a "simple guide", with recipes ...

Somehow, it reassures me that she is criticizing the book! Because I do not want to give simple recipes, all made ... And I find it almost laudable that it still credits me 3 star while I do not respond to his expectations!

On the other hand, I am a little surprised by the fact that the person did not perceive there that "obviousnesses" and "of the good sense" ... I had the impression to be a little more "hair-raising" than that! But did she really read it? Did it just bead like rain on a duck that won't get wet? She should have asked it after the intro, where I list a few situations where it is better to put the book down: we don't want to change because it is insecure, we want to have a clean garden to please others, we want to work there to save the gym, we are convinced that apart from the fertilizers and pesticides of "'modern agriculture", there is no salvation ... Etc. The person cannot say that they were not warned!

In any case, interest in this form of "reflection" is growing quickly in my area: on Saturday, around forty visitors came, without it being an "organized group"!
2 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/06/18, 13:48

Did67 wrote:The comment of the day, on Amazon:

06-18-18 Screen Shot at 01.22 AM Amazon.PNG Review

It is fair enough: if you just want a recipe to have a well-ordered garden, and especially not question anything, do not think, it's not the right book. And that must be terribly boring!

["Common sense" has been discussed elsewhere; if he saw only that ... ?????]

Well I will say that here is a very curious comment, I did not understand much and if you (Didier) you found meaning, well that is that you have the spirit more alive than mine on the moment, and as I do not want to torture my mind, I'll take your word for it : Mrgreen:
yes those who doubt, are legions, I see it with my parents-in-law, they are a little surprised that I can get things that grow (and some that grow better than at home), that I make beans in buckets, and there are no grasses, well, as I start and my land has to come back from afar, it is not yet lightning for everything and as I also make mistakes, they are not yet impressed , just skeptical, but they may not dare to tell me I'm crazy : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 18:54

Salon Marjolaine / Paris

I am solicited via my editor, and a priori I will be there on November 3 (also to meet people in the Parisian "microcosm").

"I am getting in touch with you because I would like to invite Mr. Didier Helmstetter for a conference at the next Marjolaine trade fair (74 visitors) at the Parc Floral in Paris on the theme" Phenoculture, the vegetable garden of the lazy ".

The date of the conference: Saturday 3 November 2018, the schedule of the intervention is still to be determined. The book for the conference will be on sale near the conference room, followed by book signings.
... / .... "
1 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/06/18, 19:24

Then I'll be there too! Hoping that I can have the honor to make you taste my lazy crops! (As part of the Parisian microcosm of course ...)
Olivier.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/06/18, 21:28

Amazon's commentary of the day

06-22-18 Screen Shot at 09.22 PM Amazon.PNG Comment
Screen Shot 06-22-18 at 09.22 PM Comment Amazon.PNG (64.24 Kio) Viewed 3069 times

They always amaze me, people who buy a book and are surprised that it is not what they were looking for.

Well no, this is not a "gardening manual". Otherwise, I would have put "Gardening manual for the use of those who find that the ground is too low!". It's still not complicated!

But I realize that the "how" in the subtitle "Why and how I produce vegetables ..." is ambiguous. In my head, it was "on the basis of what mechanisms ...". But it also evokes "with what recipes"!
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/06/18, 21:52

Did67 wrote:Amazon's commentary of the day

They always amaze me, people who buy a book and are surprised that it is not what they were looking for.

Well no, this is not a "gardening manual". Otherwise, I would have put "Gardening manual for the use of those who find that the ground is too low!". It's still not complicated!

But I realize that the "how" in the subtitle "Why and how I produce vegetables ..." is ambiguous. In my head, it was "on the basis of what mechanisms ...". But it also evokes "with what recipes"!

worry, I just bought a barbecue if you read the instructions, you should only put charcoal, if you read the comment on amazon, you read that some guys moan because the embers reliever to let go when they put logs in it, (it's put maxi, 1.3 kg) as the fondue paint when they burned wood, in short the guys say it does not work as they used it, after that is a bit normal, they did everything that was forbidden, but no one writes I used this barbecue as a jerk and I screwed it up, no you read device that does not withstand the heat, relieves embers that loose from the first use
so do not take your head too much with this kind of comment
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 24/06/18, 08:26

Did67 wrote:They always amaze me, people who buy a book and are surprised that it is not what they were looking for.

How do you produce vegetables? by delegating the work to the best workers in France in their category: the macrocosmic soil that are soil organisms : Mrgreen:
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 24/06/18, 08:29

Moindreffor wrote:worry, I just bought a barbecue if you read the instructions, you should only put charcoal, if you read the comment on amazon, you read that some guys moan because the embers reliever to let go when they put logs in it, (it's put maxi, 1.3 kg) as the fondue paint when they burned wood, in short the guys say it does not work as they used it, after that is a bit normal, they did everything that was forbidden, but no one writes I used this barbecue as a jerk and I screwed it up, no you read device that does not withstand the heat, relieves embers that loose from the first use
so do not take your head too much with this kind of comment

I agree with you, there are sacred drunkards dubbed bad faith sometimes : roll:
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/06/18, 02:33

Did67 wrote:Amazon's commentary of the day

It's always difficult to judge expectations in relation to such short comments ....

It is nevertheless positive on the merits

To learn a lot of things, my faith is not so bad. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/07/18, 08:39

We are talking about it !

See page 44 of the magazine "Bonnes Terres" (distributed in the Grand-Est region): https://fr.calameo.com/read/0050515791121239264a6
1 x