Electronuclear flexibility (excluding subject wind)

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electronuclear flexibility (not subject to wind power)

by izentrop » 17/01/18, 21:14

sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:German public opinion is tipping towards the wallet?

I do not think that this is really the reason, the Energiewiende has to my knowledge always been the subject of a majority consensus in Germany, even if it is expensive for individuals and small professionals, the large intensive electro industrialists being them largely exempt from "EEG surcharge".

Rather taking into account the physical reality of things, setting very ambitious goals at 10 years is one thing, reaching them 10 years later is another.
Not so sure
the country stuck in an expensive and inefficient Energiewende, precisely when it comes to GHG emissions, does not weaken in its eagerness to "get out of nuclear power" as if its salvation depended on it and that it was above all important to be able to push finally, but at what price and with what hypocrisy, this "phew" of deliverance ...
In the test of the facts observed as such, doubt was never allowed, but how many articles, how many radio or television broadcasts have helped to mask reality and often, unable to hide its too salient flaws, to explain that salvation was for tomorrow, the reification of the ideal model was not yet complete. These words are still in use today, but their credit has waned.
Learn more about https://www.lesechos.fr/idees-debats/ce ... odAzLTf.99
People are not fooled for long, but neither is it clear what will come out of the new coalition.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/01/18, 21:23

Remundo, you write:
no, that means making everyone consume reasonably. Finding a balance between misery and superfluity

Between those "whose standard of living is not negotiable", and who cannot be reduced to the Americans alone, and those who suffer * from a prosperity that makes them want, good luck! :D

As a school assumption, a "reasonable consumption" (as far as can be defined?) Of everyone would mean a tremendous leap in resource consumption, pollution and ecocide (I even doubt that this is theoretically possible). Unless you consent to a belt tightening really, really, really drastic of the most affluent ... : roll:

* Since the misery of some is an essential condition of the superfluous of others (and co-development a formula [unfortunately] devoid of meaning).
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 17/01/18, 21:35

Remundo wrote:the people who reason badly, it is those on the one hand who are surprised (and sneer?) that the Germans fail to keep their CO2 reduction commitment, and on the other hand who block (or villipendent behind a keyboard? ) the key projects to achieve this.

I would not want to be too brittle, but putting mirrors or PV in the desert is not likely to have much impact on the production of cacti and pseudo-breeding of skinny camels ... neocolonialism?

Why go looking for energy elsewhere when there is enough energy here?
Desertec is the typical case of a monopolistic project which corresponds to a phase of globalization even more advanced than that which we are currently going through, ie the fusion of state super-blocks (like the EU / Maghreb Block).
If from the engineering point of view the device is valid (there is indeed no unsurpassable technical problem in such a project) geo strategically it is not feasible: there is no Magrebian state block and again less sub-Saharan, the trend is even the opposite.
Therefore there is far too great a socio-economic disparity between Europe and Africa for such a project to exist.
To build Desertec would mean maintaining our energy dissipation level and therefore contributing to maintaining the North / South imbalance ... a shame *!

Perhaps true neocolonialism will be a migratory wave (tsunami?) If the populations in their country of origin are not stabilized by a minimum of co-development.

Co-development is globally a dubious concept insofar as it is carried out according to a logic "to lend to make", by encouraging emerging countries to copy / paste our modes of production based on mismanagement ... how in such a case imagined a happy ecological end to all this in the event of its realization? : Lol:
What is more, the time that this "industrial leveling up" would require is now over ... it is therefore strictly the reverse that must be achieved: to reduce our lifestyles in our country by rebalancing by renouncing ... But again, it is too late, such a shift should have taken place in the 90s / 2000s, it is now a strong recession that we will have to endure with all the disappointments specific to the entropy accumulated over decades (terrorism, migratory flow, "humanitarian war") ...

* Do not dream Désertec would mainly serve European interests.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 21:37

izentrop wrote:People are not fooled for long, but neither is it clear what will come out of the new coalition.

Regarding the exit from nuclear, in my opinion nothing, it is too advanced (conditions for compensation of electricians, support for dismantling, ... are acquired).

A unit stopped on 31/12/17 according to the provisional schedule. Seven (I believe) remain to be stopped by the end of 2022.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/01/18, 21:55

Sen-no-sen, you write:
Co-development is generally a dubious concept ...

Development is just as important, because this concept assumes that the "advanced" countries play the role of pioneers and that they will inevitably be joined gradually by the "underdeveloped" countries (this term is explicit!), While the The advance of some in technological mastery condemns others to stagnation, if not to regression, by competitive disqualification.

On the rest, I obviously agree and it is useless to fight (?) Against misery, since it would be enough (sic!) To give up our predation for there to be a rebalancing. Whether it is too late or not is of little interest, since in no case are we willing and therefore only the economic collapse will make everyone agree (but it will be more painful, since not prepared and still not understood ...).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 22:13

sen-no-sen wrote:Le co-development is generally a questionable concept

When it is spelled well, it is much less.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 22:15

sicetaitsimple wrote:I suggest for the new thread that Remundo will not fail to create because here we are really outside the subject of "nuclear flexibility" the title "Siemens and Deutsche Bank to the rescue of the Sahara and its populations" ....

I'm not going to create a new topic. This topic is a bag of potatoes that will end up in the dungeons of econology. Continue to fill it, there's still room.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 22:21

Did67 wrote:I don't do philosophy. I practice law. These lands belong to someone. And even if they are only occupied in nomadic form, it is a mistake to believe that they are "grains of sand"!

I never talked about expropriating. But if the Tuaregs want to continue with their camels, it won't bother anyone. They will miss out on the power stations which will in any case be far from covering more than 1% of the deserts ...

Otherwise, I have already said that a Eurotrec would have been bad enough: if we made solar more or less offshore in the Mediterranean + everything that is possible to do on the European continent, there would already be plenty to do. .
We have the right to be right all alone AT HOME!

Yes, but sometimes collaboration between neighbors of good will gives better results.

When everyone is starving, it's either war or the collective roll-up of sleeves. "Ethics" and other "fine thoughts" come when the bellies are full and the houses are comfortable enough with a decent health system.

Don't take it personally Did, it's just that I want to put some clocks back on time.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/01/18, 22:29

Remundo wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:I suggest for the new thread that Remundo will not fail to create because here we are really outside the subject of "nuclear flexibility" the title "Siemens and Deutsche Bank to the rescue of the Sahara and its populations" ....

I'm not going to create a new topic. This topic is a bag of potatoes that will end up in the dungeons of econology. Continue to fill it, there's still room.

Okay, no problem ... You isolate by your powers of moderator comments on the flexibility of nuclear power which, according to you, rotted a subject on wind power (while the two are strongly linked) and there you introduce an old subject on Désertec which for the time being has absolutely nothing to do and which effectively departs quickly from the initial subject.
You're the chef of the potato bags!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/01/18, 22:55

I'm not the head of anything at all, and to speak frankly, I don't care. It is neither the nucleus nor the decreasing ones that will advance the schmilblick. But they are all very sympathetic on econology.

you just have to read this topic from the beginning and see the number of your interventions and those of many others who are completely HS. I just said that Germany could not meet its CO2 targets because it does not build DESERTEC-type infrastructure even in the soft version for geopolitical reasons. I do not want to debate 107 years and even less that you come to break my feet because I moderate badly for your taste.

your nickname is perfect, that of a titillator with whom everything is complicated.

I point out in passing that there is no need to be a moderator to create a topic!
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."