Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

by Ahmed » 13/01/18, 14:28

Until people understand that the system is not something we can moralize, we will not be able to initiate any positive change.

The denunciation of the "banksters" who, as agents "close" to the system enjoy substantial advantages, leads to criticism in the moral field and it is a very bad plan since, at the same time, it justifies their conduct (because this judgment arises from mimetic desire).
Likewise, the idea that the state could "regulate" finance is an absurdity in itself. When the states bailed out the banks after the subprime crisis, on the contrary, they sent them a strong signal to persevere in risk-taking (privatization of gains-pooling of losses!).

Most of the social struggles are based on the maintenance of growth.
The idea is not to fight the system, but to beg the system to stay within it ...

In fact, the challenge is only immanent ... : Wink: ; this is why it is strictly conservative and cannot lead to anything new, at most small adjustments that are always called into question. To imagine a real rupture, therefore a radical rupture, supposes to be situated outside these ultra marked conflicting debates between “social partners” (name which says well what it means).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

Re: Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

by Christophe » 14/01/18, 03:02

A few dozen real estate transactions would have taken place in bitcoins, at least in part, in the USA: http://www.lepoint.fr/economie/la-fievr ... 231_28.php

Great deals so for those who have kept their bitcoins for a year : Lol:

It could snowball ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/01/18, 09:17

yes but for those paid in BC ... if I were them, I would try to get rid of them as long as they have value.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 14/01/18, 14:21

Christophe,

No I do not confirm, on gdax the fees are 0.0% when you place LIMIT or STOP orders ... Otherwise it is 0.3% or 0.25% when you trade at the "price" of the market (MARKET)

There is little or no intraexchange fees, ok. But I was thinking more about the fees to switch from the bank account to the exchange. by CB I had seen 3,99%.

aerialcastor wrote:
Another thing, there is a very long validation time for a transaction, especially if the minor does not have too much interest in validating it and because in essence the blockchain of the BTC to a very limited number of possible transaction by second. The question is, when you make a transaction, the price is set when the request or when the minor validated (which takes several tens of minutes)? Because the volatility of crypto currencies changes everything.

Uh, we're not talking about mining here but about trading ... I don't know how to put on the "market" a BTC that would have been mined ...

I don't really understand the term. For mining see: https://medium.com/@JB_Pleynet/le-minage-expliqu%C3%A9-aux-non-initi%C3%A9s-b511b5a33117

In fact you only place on an exchange, you can not do arbitration? This seems to be the easiest way to make capital gains. Provided you know perfectly the costs and times of validation.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/18, 17:32

aerialcastor wrote:There is little or no intraexchange fees, ok. But I was thinking more about the fees to switch from the bank account to the exchange. by CB I had seen 3,99%.

CB yes it's high but it's on coinbase. Gdax only accepts SEPA or coin transfers.

Incoming transfer: 0.0% (if your bank takes charges, it's not gdax's fault)
Outgoing transfer: 0.15 € that's all

I'm waiting to see a bank that does better :)

I don't really understand the term. For mining see: https://medium.com/@JB_Pleynet/le-minage-expliqu%C3%A9-aux-non-initi%C3%A9s-b511b5a33117

In fact you only place on an exchange, you can not do arbitration? This seems to be the easiest way to make capital gains. Provided you know perfectly the costs and times of validation.

Trading is all about exchange ... speculation what : Cheesy:

I have already answered the fees and validation time on gdax ... the times I indicate are valid for small sums (I can say nothing about orders in thousands of € but observing the book pending order and the one validated on gdax we can get an idea, it's accessible even without registering !!) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/18, 17:42

Remundo wrote:yes but for those paid in BC ... if I were them, I would try to get rid of them as long as they have value.

Or not ... if they still doubled in value? The tocards of journalists who say that bitcoins will consume 100% of the planet's energy in 2020 indirectly predict a bitcoin at $ 6 ... The deal would be good enough for both sellers and buyers ...

If I were in this case I would do the following:

a) Sell 50% in succession to anticipate a fall
b) Keep 50% to anticipate an increase

If 50% decrease on the remaining 50%, total = 75% of the sale price ...
If 100% increase on the remaining 50%, total = 150% of the sale price

Average of 2 = (150 +75) / 2 = 112,5%

So the guy is mathematically winning with this 50/50 method :) because 50% decrease corresponds to a factor of 2, just as 100% increase corresponds to a factor of 2 ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/01/18, 17:45

wow you could do so. agree to the strategy.

If my aunt had it, it would be ... my uncle. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/18, 18:23

The strategy is valid: if you apply it, you are more likely to win 112,5% ​​than to lose ... since there is as much a chance that the course will be divided by 2 than multiplied by 2 ... And still I have not used the golden ratio : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

You will say hello to your uncle : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/01/18, 20:57

Christophe wrote:[

Journalists who say bitcoins will consume 100% of the planet's energy in 2020 indirectly predict a bitcoin at $ 6 ... The business would be good enough for both sellers and buyers ...

It is an idea based on a curve extrapolation.
It is two things one, either the economy collapses and the cryptocurrencies with it, or the show continues and the technical innovation will come to cure the consuming thirst of bitcoins.
Remember that data centers consume around 4% of the world's energy, a figure that is constantly increasing!
Without being a computer scientist it seems to me possible that cryptocurrencies, in the event of their success, operate through multidisciplinary algorithms that would serve both the operation of platforms (you-tube type, daily-motion) as well as Xcorners.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/01/18, 23:53

the history of mining and energy waste will inevitably curb bitcoin or other currencies that consume excess resources.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"