Storage of wind energy without battery: possible?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Storage of wind energy without battery: possible?

by chatelot16 » 24/02/18, 14:14

jules verne is not a scientist! he is a science fiction author! and all his art is to hide in his explanation an error which makes his science fiction likely ... like a conjurer!

I think Jules Verne was learned enough to hide his mistakes! and at this level it is no longer errors, it is literature! but it's no longer science ...
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Storage of wind energy without battery: possible?

by BaudouinLabrique » 24/02/18, 14:27

chatelot16 wrote:jules verne is not a scientist! he is a science fiction author! and all his art is to hide in his explanation an error which makes his science fiction likely ... like a conjurer!
I think Jules Verne was learned enough to hide his mistakes! and at this level it is no longer errors, it is literature! but it's no longer science ...

You make him a very bad trial, because he never claimed to be a scientist.
NB I have always smiled a lot :) when certain scientists or so-called scientists tax others as pseudoscientists whereas those whom they accuse (thus unjustly) have never claimed to be scientists (recall, a pseudoscientist is someone who claims to be scientific without being it, which therefore is absolutely the case neither with Jules Verne nor, by the way, with me : Cheesy: ).

What mistakes are you talking about? : Shock:
To affirm is not to prove!
From the moment he writes novels, I don't see any error there!

In view of its (at least) nine predictions, you should at least greet the visionary!
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).