ULMA 2000 boiler ignition fault

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

ULMA 2000 boiler ignition fault

by Peace » 13/11/17, 09:22

Hello,
I come to you to try to know the reason of my default ignition on my burner ULMA 2000 boiler bought complete in 2011. She can walk without problems for a few days then defaults ignition. I unplug and reconnect and it starts again but it is not always the case that my pellet start to flow to my burner on a restart, sometimes I dismount my burner cleans the combustion chamber and it starts again.I clean all Compressor and fan hoses and always the same.My silo is homemade on interior walls and raised melamine conglomerates I have no moisture on my granules, for cons I have not cleaned my silo in recent years and I have a hard time to access my buffer tank or the dust must reside. So I opt for a complete cleaning before filling and change of supplier although before that it worked very well with this granule, I made a test with another supplier and its granule is longer to decompose in the water so more compact I will go back to this one. But I am still in doubt and do not understand too much these defect of ignition, I see that many people have these problems, have you made bad choices of burner in the long term? Can it be a photocell? of the burner automaton? I leave you the picture and the link of my boiler if you know and can help me thank you in advance

https://www.ulmapellet.fr/produits/chaudière-ulma-2000/
1 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: ULMA 2000 boiler ignition fault

by dirk pitt » 15/11/17, 08:09

in general, the ignition failure occurs if a temperature is not reached after a given time delay.
So look for a temperature sensor in your burner or in the flue and see if it is dirty which delays its rise in temperature.
1 x
Click my signature
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Peace » 15/11/17, 19:56

Hi, thank you for your help, I disassembled my burner probe, I cleaned it but it was obviously not dirty, we'll see. I have a doubt looking at my boiler manual, it would normally indicate "probe fault". Afterwards I do not know where to look while waiting to clean my silo.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 16/11/17, 09:34

if you do not have a smoke probe, it may be the burner probe that is defective. these probes do not end up drifting and give aberrant temperature values. it is vicious because it is believed that it works but the temperature value that it sends back to the electronics is false.
1 x

Click my signature
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Peace » 16/11/17, 17:46

Hi, looking at the spare parts on the site of my boiler, I saw this probe smoke, it is slipped in the same place as that of the burner apparently? So I had wiped it too, the it turns without fault of ignition since 24h ... It must hold
Thank you
0 x
dudu39
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dudu39 » 17/12/17, 17:29

Paz wrote:Hello,
I come to you to try to know the reason of my default ignition on my burner ULMA 2000 boiler bought complete in 2011. She can walk without problems for a few days then defaults ignition. I unplug and reconnect and it starts again but it is not always the case that my pellet start to flow to my burner on a restart, sometimes I dismount my burner cleans the combustion chamber and it starts again.I clean all Compressor and fan hoses and always the same.My silo is homemade on interior walls and raised melamine conglomerates I have no moisture on my granules, for cons I have not cleaned my silo in recent years and I have a hard time to access my buffer tank or the dust must reside. So I opt for a complete cleaning before filling and change of supplier although before that it worked very well with this granule, I made a test with another supplier and its granule is longer to decompose in the water so more compact I will go back to this one. But I am still in doubt and do not understand too much these defect of ignition, I see that many people have these problems, have you made bad choices of burner in the long term? Can it be a photocell? of the burner automaton? I leave you the picture and the link of my boiler if you know and can help me thank you in advance

hello I had the same problem see Ignition resistance piece in the burner shape of small aluminum pipes with two gray colored wires that is used for ignition on sale in France on boiler parts ulma good day
1 x
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Peace » 05/01/18, 12:26

dudu39 wrote:
Paz wrote:Hello,

hello I had the same problem see Ignition resistance piece in the burner shape of small aluminum pipes with two gray colored wires that is used for ignition on sale in France on boiler parts ulma good day

Hello and thank you for your response. After having cleaned my probes no more faulty ignition since November, on the other hand since that day I stopped because she made a mistake to me last night and although the granule is filling up she goes into "faulty ignition" and By dint of disassembling all that I broke my burner probe it was stiff and not at all flexible, but the breakage at the base happened when I removed the burner I removed too quickly and tore off the small cable of the printed circuit, I tried in vain to resolder it with the tin that did nothing, I now have a fault in the probe to be fixed before I can tackle the "ignition fault" .J 'I already have an ignition resistor that I thought was dead at one time, I changed it for nothing, but it wasn't me who changed it because I was away from home, but I no longer have the little causses red, do you think it can do it again? I have to be quick to find warmth for the family. I have already ordered the probe from ULMA
Thank you for your reply
0 x
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Peace » 14/01/18, 19:12

Hello, So I come to inform of my breakdown returns that can be found on boilers and pellet burner ULMA 2000.
I thought my burner came from the burner because I could hear the pellets fall, but in fact, I did not stay long enough to realize that it was one of my screw motors that was malfunctioning due to a broken sprocket probably following a pellet jam in the screw. It was difficult to detect for me because the engine was spinning and the propeller with, so I did not think of a pinion that multiplied the screw. A failure probably not common, that's why I share it with case it could help someone. Instead of buying an engine that costs 200 € I left it to my cousin who does the mechanics of high precision and who repaired me, so we'll see what it takes but he told me that it should not not to pose problems.
I leave you in pictures the engine parts of the screw.
It is the pinion above the plastic one that broke:

0 x
beud
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by beud » 14/01/18, 20:40

HELLO
New on this site not gifted with a pc I speak for the first time
I think I can return the elevator in terms of troubleshooting on the subject ulma boiler 2000
my question?
on the first page of the screen the photo-elec detection value which controls the presence of combustion flame must be 20 part defect
if that's the case I have an idea about the failure
1 x
Peace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Peace » 15/01/18, 11:43

Hi Beud,
Thank you for your message, the photo-elec detection is variable when it works I've seen from 17 to 50 or 100.
At the stop necessarily 0
Voila, if it can make you good day
Peace
0 x