The garden of lazy brothers!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The garden of lazy brothers!

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 09:24

Diabolorent wrote: I read that you need to tie the stems when they turn yellow to promote the concentration of sap in the heads of the garlic.
Is it the same for onions and shallots?

I propose to try: half knotted / half not tied!

I'm willing to bet it's just one of those wacky things our mythomaniac man has to piss off and conclude that "luckily he did this or it wouldn't work!"

Because they explain to me how the substances, formed in the leaves by photosynthesis, manage to swell clays if we tie the stalks ???? It is the mythical and arch-false belief that a plant grows by its roots !!!!!!!!!! In short, it is for those who do not know that Tillandsia exist ...

There, it's just an opinion, mine. "Scientifically", we must try "all things being equal".
0 x
Diabolorent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Diabolorent » 19/06/18, 09:45

Yeah, I would not want to end up with Bonsai plants either : Shock: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Anyway I do not have enough to last all winter, it was to test what could grow in my garden. Now that I see that everything is going well, I will replant in larger numbers.
Yeah, I admit, I doubted at one point : Oops: Mea Culpa :P
And I still doubt : Shock: and I would doubt until the release of fruits and vegetables so hoped : Lol:

In fact I doubt without doubting, I say to myself: "what if it didn't work for me" while being sure that it will work Image

Very contradictory no? :)
0 x
"It is not a sign of good mental health to be well adapted to a sick society" Jiddu Krishnamurti.
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 11:35

The man's own is to doubt ...

"I am like a sow who doubts": https://www.livrenpoche.com/je-suis-com ... E4QAvD_BwE

As long as you move forward anyway, I find it less unhealthy than "rushing into all the bullshit" (without thinking) [I'm like a "beep beep", the running coyote - before realizing he is above the void! For those who know those old American cartoons ...]

In any case I doubt that the nodes change something there [I speak of the knots in the stems of the garlic] ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/06/18, 11:44

Did67 wrote:
Because they explain to me how the substances, formed in the leaves by photosynthesis, manage to swell clays if we tie the stalks ????

I am correcting an awkward expression: exactly, it is not a node that will interrupt the conductive beams. So that's not going to "prevent". But I do not see how that would help! That was the assertion!

[By the way, I never did, and always had garlic ... Would it have been "more better" if I had tied ???? You see that I doubt, but if by planting 10 cloves more I have enough ????]
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 21/06/18, 00:09

my garlic is harvested, the foliage was well yellowed, well "rusted", I did not tie anything at all.
The bulbs seem to me of size more than correct, in any case much better than last year, where I had transplanted the garlic a little late must be specified.
I guess you have to let it dry now, in the sun? leaving the stems and leaves, or cutting them right away?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/06/18, 08:07

I also tore off a few feet (natural regrowth) in the strawberries: it is indeed "rust" which developed, thanks to the hot and humid period.

https://www.rustica.fr/articles-jardin/ ... ,4066.html

It is, along with the fusarium (another mushroom), which justifies the fungicidal treatments on the conventional wheats - and which makes that I do not like the idea to use the straw, which remains drunk?
0 x