Powerline network: real range and electric meter EDF?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CPL network: real range and electric meter EDF?

by izentrop » 12/09/17, 15:06

For your problems of flow, there is the WIFI N and the WIFI AC. https://www.lesnumeriques.com/repeteurs ... a2227.html

Could not you pull a wire and move your modem to the center?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/09/17, 19:52

the range of the cpl is not only a distance but much more of the number of devices connected to the 220v ... especially the modern device with anti-parasite filter, the signal cpl is absorbed by the filters!

I happened to try cpl for video camera with several extension of 50 m end to end: it works at full speed ... but first CPL box mounted upside down (female inversion male) not to send the CPL signal get lost in the house's electrical network but only in the extension cord

do not confuse cpl linky and cpl computer: it is 2 frequency range completely different: cpl linky = about 100khz ... cpl computer 1MHz has 30 MHz

there is an absurdity to use the same name for 2 completely different thing

Misnaming things is adding to the misery of the world
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 12/09/17, 20:53

Good evening, I know that has nothing to do with it but at the time there were office intercoms that worked in PLC I know that my niece had lent an intercom of this type to a friend who lives on the same street 2 or 3 houses one on the other and they managed to communicate with these simple office intercoms https://www.lignemaison.com/interphone- ... teur-.html

sorry for the ad, but I do not know if we can switch from home to somebody else (neighbors or residents of the same street or neighborhood) for the internet with boxes

good night
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/09/17, 21:54

the frequency used for your intercom is indicated ... about 200khz ... closer to the linky than the cpl computer

it is like in radio it emits a strong power and if siganl is divided by 10 100 1000 or 10000 it does not matter the receiver is sensitive enough to receive anyway

it's fine when there is only one device on the same frequency ... so it works well because these intercom are quite rare

if everyone did not have it, everything would be mixed

for cpl lynky and computer there are more complicated codings more secure: it never mixes, but it requires a certain quality of communication to work

the passage of the intercom interphone between 2 different house does not surprise me ... the passage of the cpl computing with sufficient flow for the internet would surprise me much more ... the meter EDF is not the only barrier the disjonteur has winding also which do a certain barrier ... even the small modular circuit breaker that replace the fuse are also a barrier to cpl

finally not impassable barriers, rather obstacles or attenuator
0 x