Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Laziness of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 10:15

nico239 wrote: Just a question about hay.
You pushed it aside and then covered it with soil.
And then???
Did you cover: a little, moderately, a lot or not at all of hay then?
At first sight the peas should be able to pass a certain layer or am I wrong?
Now what is the point of sowing them so tight.

I covered the peas with only 1 or 2cm of fine soil, which I reloaded as they sprouted because they rose to the surface when I watered and got in the way a little when sprouting.
the hay was spread to its sides, I brought it closer when the peas were 10 or 15 cm high. don't ask me why I did LIKE that, I don't know, instinctively : Mrgreen: to tell the truth, I never made polka dots like that! I must say that I had never really managed the peas before! so I had nothing to lose!
I admit that it seemed absurd to me to sow so thickly, and finally, I see that I will eat peas like never before : Mrgreen:
when I have 5 minutes, I will look for the thread and the video where we were talking about this way of making polka dots and I will tell you ...
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 10:36

Did67 wrote:
Guibnd wrote:MORALITY: why bother ... der to carry boards and manure when you have as well by putting hay on old strawberries!

This is a conclusion that suits me! And hop, all in the deckchair !!!!

[To think about to know for which reasons the inclinations "morbid", destructive, counterproductive took the top in man ??? A form of self-destruction ???]

For short-term profit?
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 10:49

nico239 wrote: On the renaissance aspect no worries but on the food aspect ..... (unless you have at least 10 times what is on the photos)
You eat "3 times" in the season in all and for everything.
And again, since everything will not be ripe at the same time on 30 strawberries per stalk, we will say 10 when ripe together, it is just for one person ...
It is this notion of quantity that bothers me and makes me wonder about what we really have to produce so that it is not anecdotal. : Shock:

in the square of the new strawberries, there are 18 feet (ascents) + 7 or 8 resuscitated (also ascending)
enough I think to eat it all summer every 3-4 days, that's enough for me because there are plenty of other fruits in the summer in the garden and on the markets (apricots peaches that I don't have in Normandy :D
but of course not enough to make strawberry jams, there maybe 30 or 40 or even 50 feet of a non-uplifting variety which produces a lot in a short time in the spring.

we, what we do, we make a jam where we mix currant, blackcurrant, strawberries and raspberries
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 10:51

Guibnd wrote:
nico239 wrote: Just a question about hay.
You pushed it aside and then covered it with soil.
And then???
Did you cover: a little, moderately, a lot or not at all of hay then?
At first sight the peas should be able to pass a certain layer or am I wrong?
Now what is the point of sowing them so tight.

I covered the peas with only 1 or 2cm of fine soil, which I reloaded as they sprouted because they rose to the surface when I watered and got in the way a little when sprouting.
the hay was spread to its sides, I brought it closer when the peas were 10 or 15 cm high. don't ask me why I did LIKE that, I don't know, instinctively : Mrgreen: to tell the truth, I never made polka dots like that! I must say that I had never really managed the peas before! so I had nothing to lose!
I admit that it seemed absurd to me to sow so thickly, and finally, I see that I will eat peas like never before : Mrgreen:
when I have 5 minutes, I will look for the thread and the video where we were talking about this way of making polka dots and I will tell you ...

Ok of ac

For info the photo is right now that's it?

For a sowing done when?
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 10:58

nico239 wrote:The least we can say is that the leeks are beefy moss.
But I don't understand, you bought them from an already edible size ???
Did you replant them?
If this is what they would be 2 years old ???
Where do I go?

the leeks I bought them around mid-June at the end of June 2017 in bundles of 50 from the seedling merchant, they were as big as a pencil and I transplanted them with a dibble. I started eating it in the fall and this winter and the ones you see in the photo are the ones that haven't been eaten this winter and are growing to seeds. but in June 2017, they were as big as a pencil;
the years when I think about it and when I have the time, I make my half of leeks around March that I transplant in June the size of a pencil.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 11:00

Guibnd wrote:
nico239 wrote: On the renaissance aspect no worries but on the food aspect ..... (unless you have at least 10 times what is on the photos)
You eat "3 times" in the season in all and for everything.
And again, since everything will not be ripe at the same time on 30 strawberries per stalk, we will say 10 when ripe together, it is just for one person ...
It is this notion of quantity that bothers me and makes me wonder about what we really have to produce so that it is not anecdotal. : Shock:

in the square of the new strawberries, there are 18 feet (ascents) + 7 or 8 resuscitated (also ascending)
enough I think to eat it all summer every 3-4 days, that's enough for me because there are plenty of other fruits in the summer in the garden and on the markets (apricots peaches that I don't have in Normandy :D
but of course not enough to make strawberry jams, there maybe 30 or 40 or even 50 feet of a non-uplifting variety which produces a lot in a short time in the spring.

we, what we do, we make a jam where we mix currant, blackcurrant, strawberries and raspberries

About 25 feet so ... ok thank you for the precision .... very useful to have a concrete vision of the culture.

Yes after each one according to his tastes .... and as you say it is necessary to be able to manage the abundance which can arise if the maturity is not spread enough.

I am less interested in strawberries (in any case for the time being) but it was in particular to have the precision of the cultivated quantity.

Anecdote of the year I have a colleague market gardener on Manosque ... 50 loss this year due to frost.
Well he's a pro who has to anticipate a lot to satisfy a PRESSED clientele Imageconsume it from the beginning of spring ....
I know it's absurd but that's how it is ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/05/18, 11:07

Guibnd wrote:
nico239 wrote:The least we can say is that the leeks are beefy moss.
But I don't understand, you bought them from an already edible size ???
Did you replant them?
If this is what they would be 2 years old ???
Where do I go?

the leeks I bought them around mid-June at the end of June 2017 in bundles of 50 from the seedling merchant, they were as big as a pencil and I transplanted them with a dibble. I started eating it in the fall and this winter and the ones you see in the photo are the ones that haven't been eaten this winter and are growing to seeds. but in June 2017, they were as big as a pencil;
the years when I think about it and when I have the time, I make my half of leeks around March that I transplant in June the size of a pencil.

Image ok I did not get it .... thank you for the precision.

Do you know the variety?

This year I try the direct sowing ...
Sown ... yesterday .... but loose on a mixture of soil, fine straw and in the middle of the herbs.
To be continued

Mrs. will raise his family (old) I believe to recover the seeds.
She did not have time to take care of it.
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 11:41

nico239 wrote:For info the photo is right now that's it?
For a sowing done when?

yes all the pictures were taken on Tuesday morning.
I do not want to tell you nonsense but I had to sow peas a month and a half ago, maybe 2 months ago, I did not notice (it was after planting onions and shallots).
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 11:51

nico239 wrote:Image ok I did not get it .... thank you for the precision.
Do you know the variety?
This year I try the direct sowing ...
Sown ... yesterday .... but loose on a mixture of soil, fine straw and in the middle of the herbs.
To be continued
Mrs. will raise his family (old) I believe to recover the seeds.
She did not have time to take care of it.

Blue Solaise told me the seller.
it is also what I sow when I make my plant myself because they resist the cold well. here it peels winter, we have a cold wet to catch a duck!
a direct seeding of leeks may make you a lot of green. if you want leeks, transplanting (because you bury deeply, some bump their leeks) will make you a longer white.
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 23/05/18, 13:09

I found the video on the seeding of peas that I experimented, it was carl who had talked 13 / 03 / 2018 19h18 page 975 main thread Didier.
very surprising the video, it was so convincing that I tried and now I am convinced!
0 x