The "Potager du Laesseux" in the Dordogne

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The "Potager du Laesseux" in the Dordogne

by Did67 » 01/09/17, 09:35

We have to "examine" this very closely. Those who have watched my video know that it is the duration of the presence of free water which, depending on the temperature, is the critical factor which allows the transition from "oospores" to secondary cycles (based on zoospores) ...

So one hour less dew can change everything!

The sun that strikes early in the morning on the top of a slope exposed east and you are perhaps quiet.

The sun comes late to the bottom of a valley, on a slope facing west (home) or behind the hedge neighbor: you're cooked!

All things equal otherwise.

Of course, the +/- greater resistance (or tolerance) of the varieties used, the biological life of the soil +/- active, makes the plant more balanced and therefore more capable of reacting, , aeration, use of defense reinforcements such as certain rock slurries or powders, biodiversity or lines, etc.).
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/09/17, 09:50

Jpbord wrote:
if you spend one day in the Dordogne my door and wide open (room and meal free, figs stuffed with fats, duck breast duck sprayed with pecharmant etc ...)

Watch out, guys! Do not swing your guests lightly !!!

With my wife, we thought we would put a map of France in our room, with a bug every time I was invited. And a reference number. And beside, a notebook in which I note the nickname, the address if I have it ...

[Because until now, some have already invited me. I did not notice at once, and afterwards, infused with knowing who it was and where; and go, in a messenger or on that forum, find a message to this one, for example in 6 months, not knowing any more that it was "jpbord" nor in Dordogne! It is then screwed up ... But now, be careful, I am going to organize myself and you may not go unpunished ... One of the ideas behind it would also be to make a book on "phenoculture" for let it not be reduced to my practice. It will be after the two or three books that I have in the works. Since yesterday, and a discussion with an editor, I have, in fact, a third in the works]
2 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 01/10/17, 22:00

Good evening, here is a way to fight against mildew https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjEXqF2dhBc

at least without products
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/10/17, 10:59

For those who want to know a little more:

https://youtu.be/zXw6NpSfFZw

But it is much longer!

In principle, we agree!
1 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 06/04/18, 22:32

after an absence, my health a new year arrives, I hope to learn more about my garden! I have practically read Didier's book, it will help me to continue my approach of phenoculture.
Attachments
20181802_01.jpg
_MG_6752.jpg
_MG_6721.jpg
_MG_6718.jpg
_MG_6715.jpg
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 07/04/18, 14:09

Good luck

Did you put the greenhouse frame?
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 07/04/18, 20:29

nico239 wrote:Good luck

Did you put the greenhouse frame?

yes, recover it! with the plastic tarpaulin my greenhouse 10x4 me come back less than 300 euros, it's temporary waiting for a large greenhouse tunelle when I could afford, finally my tomatoes will be sheltered!

good evening nico
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/04/18, 03:11

Ok it's a little our case too ... the recovery 'but we preferred to change the cover.

Not stupid your idea to consolidate them with piles ....
How deep down?
The arches are in the ground also or only solidarity piles by greenhouseflex (if I see well)?

I thought a lot about the problem of a new greenhouse ....

My faith if you find a lure it interests me but everything I saw is too expensive for me ....

So I'm going to go to personal constructions chassis squeezes because finally the greenhouse or the tunnel does not serve me personally and ultimately what matters is that it is the plants that are protected and not the man : Mrgreen:

In addition it does not rain in the greenhouses and I find it a pity whereas in chassis we have the advantages of both the price and the rain and the robustness in front of the elements while preserving the protection of the plants .... this is my point of view to this day.
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 08/04/18, 20:03

nico239 wrote:Ok it's a little our case too ... the recovery 'but we preferred to change the cover.

Not stupid your idea to consolidate them with piles ....
How deep down?
The arches are in the ground also or only solidarity piles by greenhouseflex (if I see well)?

I thought a lot about the problem of a new greenhouse ....

My faith if you find a lure it interests me but everything I saw is too expensive for me ....

So I'm going to go to personal constructions chassis squeezes because finally the greenhouse or the tunnel does not serve me personally and ultimately what matters is that it is the plants that are protected and not the man : Mrgreen:

In addition it does not rain in the greenhouses and I find it a pity whereas in chassis we have the advantages of both the price and the rain and the robustness in front of the elements while preserving the protection of the plants .... this is my point of view to this day.

Yes as it was short arches I used stakes of acacia and the tubes are attached by rilsans, certainly it will have to water, but hey with the layer of hay and manure of my chicken coop watering will I think minimal .
it is done sert of odds and ends, but it may be delaying diseases on my tomatoes! :? :? :?
Attachments
20181808_02.jpg
20181808_01.jpg
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/04/18, 11:57

Even though my tunnel has blown away, I think the greenhouse itself is not the top as an "anti-mildew" tactic:

- the trigger of milidou is the presence of droplets of liquid water, reached on the leaves is not watering by sprinkler, or by the rain, or not the nocturnal condensations
- an open tunnel + drip irrigation + plant spaced so that the air circulates a max + layer of hay on the ground acting as absorber of the humidity of the air in the early morning is the combination that prevents rain, without watering that wets the leaves, facilitates the circulation of air and limits condensation (sometimes, if this can happen 1 or 2 hours later, the germ - the oospore - does not have time to germinate: for each temperature, there is a "minimum duration of presence of the water droplet ")

So make sure you can "raise" the tarpaulin on the side in summer ...

A small gutter can collect water at a height of 1 m, which makes it possible to consider re-injecting rainwater "in real time" under the tunnel, without doing anything ...
0 x