The garden of a lazy we occasionally.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The lazy vegetable garden a we occasionally.

by olivier75 » 10/03/18, 12:10

In addition to feeding us properly, I hope to show that gardening is not a daily requirement, the short time, (all proportion kept) devoted to some 350 / 400m2 now of vegetable garden, I was able to recover some on loan another, in exchange for a rotavator pass, as was already the case in the small valley, around 120m2 at the neighbor's. Not having enough hay, passage of the rotavator also on my part, shallow and on a partially frozen ground I hope that the little life that was left was well hidden, for those who can move of course. Then semi to the valley of green manure without covering. Vetch, sainfoin, red spinach, tetragone, clover, flax, seeds, old stock because of the lack of space elsewhere, since almost everything is in double culture.
Vetch, sainfoin and white clover being perennial, I will see the final cover and how to manage it. there will likely be cucurbits.
IMG_4950.JPG
IMG_4955.JPG
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 10/03/18, 12:14

Finally last night, semi tomatoes and peppers in an apartment ...
IMG_4988.JPG

So much for this session!

Olivier
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 10/03/18, 12:22

Carl wrote:How do you feed this tank?

As my question has slipped between several of your posts, I self-quote!

High class : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 10/03/18, 12:31

It is especially that you are in a hurry, I was looking for a photo, taken in August, there had been 2 rains of 50mm, and I had not broken down. For the second I am supposed to build a shelter next to it, while waiting (which can last), we transferred to the pump, it doubles the capacity, serves as a reserve and saves me 2m on each trip.
IMG_3837.JPG

Olivier
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 10/03/18, 12:49

Too impatient? possible : Oops:

What surface do you plan for this shelter?
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 10/03/18, 13:21

Last year, the 8m2 of mossy roof allowed us to be largely independent for 250m2, (the lines, it is not seen too much in the photos are 16m, or 30 liters by semi watering.), Since the tank was full at the end of August. Each wee of semi / Plantations consumed about 200l, and apart from my missed with the potatoes and a watering of the tomatoes after the little heat wave, nothing was watered again. I could have done without it a few times, but without a stick, we can't recover if it doesn't finally rain. In covered and unworked soil, I believe that watering is no longer a main problem. I will try to mark consumption this year. To answer you I plan a shelter of 18m2.
Olivier
1 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 13/03/18, 13:26

olivier75 wrote:Finally last night, semi tomatoes and peppers in an apartment ... IMG_4988.JPG
So much for this session!

Olivier

Little question: I have the same mini greenhouse for tomatoes.

It is really practical, the plant is well rooted with these deep cells, the roots do not turn, transplanting is easy.

Convenient, but I only have one and it is starting to age a bit.
Where did you find them? The store where I had taken them no longer makes them ...
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 13/03/18, 20:15

Thouvenel

I bought them in 2011 at barthelémy plastic, which would be the manufacturer. Wishing to use it for ten years, they do not ultimately get damaged so quickly and I still intend to use them for a while. With my 100m2 of the time and my sporadic passages, it was rather disproportionate ... They also delivered me grating for lawn, used with gravel.
Since they only sell it by cardboard it is not very accessible and it is better to start with several or find another system.
I am nevertheless very happy, it allows me among other things to distribute the seedlings with which I leave, in rows of 4 according to the state of the shoot. today I will opt for those of 175cm3, with more pots per tray, more root lengths and the same format. Being fully pierced at the bottom lets the taproot grow in the tank.

https://www.barthelemy-emballages.com/s ... s/175-cm3/

Olivier
0 x
Thouvenel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thouvenel » 13/03/18, 21:13

olivier75 wrote:Thouvenel

I bought them in 2011 at barthelémy plastic, which would be the manufacturer. Wishing to use it for ten years, they do not ultimately get damaged so quickly and I still intend to use them for a while. With my 100m2 of the time and my sporadic passages, it was rather disproportionate ... They also delivered me grating for lawn, used with gravel.
Since they only sell it by cardboard it is not very accessible and it is better to start with several or find another system.
I am nevertheless very happy, it allows me among other things to distribute the seedlings with which I leave, in rows of 4 according to the state of the shoot. today I will opt for those of 175cm3, with more pots per tray, more root lengths and the same format. Being fully pierced at the bottom lets the taproot grow in the tank.

https://www.barthelemy-emballages.com/s ... s/175-cm3/

Olivier

I found the same sold individually. Phew.
One more question (sorry), there is no receptacle for the excess water or the compost which escapes from the bottom of the buckets?
On your model of the photo, it is there (green part).
Or the transparent cover acts as a cover to keep humidity during the lifting and then as a receptacle?
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 13/03/18, 21:36

Thouvenel wrote:I found the same sold individually. Phew.

OR ? =)
0 x