solar heating autoconstruction

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Solar heating in self-construction

by Forhorse » 17/03/17, 08:00

A commercial solar panel, with tempered glass glazing, aluminum frame, copper absorber, etc ... cost about 120 € m²

I already self-built a panel and it worked pretty well ... in the summer (see in the history of my messages) but last year I also installed a CESI with serious hardware trade.

Perso between a panel tinked with ugly, limited performance, and limited life (wood, greenhouse tarpaulin) to 25 € m² and a trick that will hold 25 years without the slightest maintenance and that I can ask on my roof without my neighbors take me for a manouche 120 € m², my choice is made ... (and I repeat that I have already tried the 2)

Especially as I have already noted, in a solar thermal installation, the price of the panels does not necessarily represent a big part of the cost of the installation. My CESI cost me in the end about 6000 € including 650 € panels ... I let you do the ratio and judge if it is really profitable to s'em ...... to make them even.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 17/03/17, 10:36

I copy the approach I follow for CESI.
120 euros / m2 it's reasonable.

I specify that 25 euros / m2 is with polycarbonate plate and EPDM in SSC large dimension well integrated in the ground not so ugly but it is subjective (good DIY perspective).
http://www.builditsolar.com/Experimenta ... gTest2.htm

Lilian
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/03/17, 13:48

to make economics you have to put the price

a cheap thing that gets torn down with every gust of wind or hail is not the best way to save money

Tempered glass has 2 advantage
1) it supports the thermal shock much better than the ordinary glass: tempered glass is made the oven door or the halogen lamp windows

2) it has a mechanical strength much greater than ordinary glass: so it easily resists the hail ... when there is a big blow of hail all the greenhouse with ordinary glass are broken: the tempered glass of the cars and solar collector resist well

try to break a tempered glass car: it's spectacular: it gives a hammer that would break any ordinary glass and it does not break ... of course we ended up typing hard enough and manage to break it

tempered glass is only ordinary glass with a heat treatment: it does not cost much more than regular glass ... except trade problem that always wants to try to make expensive what is out of the ordinary

it would be necessary to make a solar oven to soak the glass for free!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/03/17, 07:38

Another parameter to take into account in the price is also the efficiency of the sensor.
If a commercial sensor 120 € / m² at a yield of 60% but that the thing is even 25 € / m² at a yield of 30% only, well put 2m ² sensor collocated where 1m ² of the trade is enough. So with equal heating power we no longer compare 25 € and 120 € but 50 € and 120 €
(It's numbers to illustrate the example, I do not really have a precise idea on the values ​​of the yields of different types of sensors)
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 18/03/17, 11:25

I had made syntheses of experience feedback and other measurements made by me.
I get power and energy values ​​back to the panel's production price.
The glazed EPDM that was not insulated at the back showed very good performance.

Resultat.jpg

We notice by a temperature of 0 ° outside that the panel is 40% more powerful brought back to the blow of production
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 18/03/17, 11:27

What is not evaluated of course is the durability and the time spent to achieve it.
0 x
defdefred
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by defdefred » 20/10/18, 14:23

Hello,

I wanted to test their method with PP panels, but impossible to find a store that sells it!
Do you have an idea?

Have a good day,
freD.
0 x
defdefred
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by defdefred » 21/10/18, 13:35

For the sides, they seem to use rails for partition placo ... it is galvanized at least this stuff?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 21/10/18, 20:37

Yes the rails and uprights for the placo are galvanized. As against all that is galvanized, if we cut or pierce, we lose the protection at the machining ...
0 x
defdefred
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by defdefred » 21/10/18, 22:11

Ok
It's interesting to tinker with stuff out of the box ...
Must make panels of 3m then ;-)
That's good, I need horizontal panels.
0 x