A vegetable lazy Sarthe

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Return to posts index Reply Like Re: A lazy vegetable garden in Sarthe

by Did67 » 20/10/18, 15:51

Stef72 wrote:Fortier is everything except the non tillage. His work deals mainly with the manner of being marketed on a small surface, with permanent planks with close succession of cultures, but they are all amended and worked. He gives especially good tips to standardize his boards, irrigations and avoid wasting time on his vegetable garden.

What I summed up by saying that it is an "other system".
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/10/18, 00:23

Stef72 wrote:sorry but for me, Fortier is anything but non-tillage. His work deals mainly with the manner of being marketed on a small surface, with permanent planks with close succession of cultures, but they are all amended and worked. He gives especially good tips to standardize his boards, irrigations and avoid wasting time on his vegetable garden.

my cover story is closer to the MSV techniques used by François Mulet ...

I did not read his book but watched a lecture and he clearly says that the goal is to stop working the soil ...

Now I'm not there to check. Image

After for the cutlery everyone does well as he wants
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 30/11/18, 16:02

Hi to all of you !

this morning a small plank of garlic (about 70 stony planted) set up on a site where remained a thin layer of hay. I then covered 5 with 10 cm of hay.

I chose from the biggest harvest last year, it gave me a nice result ... to follow!

have a good day ! ;)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/11/18, 16:20

Stef72 wrote:Hi to all of you !

this morning a small plank of garlic (about 70 stony planted) set up on a site where remained a thin layer of hay. I then covered 5 with 10 cm of hay.

I chose from the biggest harvest last year, it gave me a nice result ... to follow!

have a good day ! ;)

That's pretty much the date I planted last year ...

For my part I have some doubts about the quantity: I wonder if the kilo last year will not be too much in the end.

Because in winter we can not say that consumption is important.

And considering what we still have I think it will go well beyond the harvest next year ...

When I think that this year I planted ... 2 kg Image

It's the job that comes in ...
1 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 18/02/19, 21:03

Hi the phenocultors!

first of all, as Didier says, I'm one of the latecomers for the wishes, so I wish you all a great 2019 year of phenoculture.
I had not done so much last year because I was busy with other projects, but this year is serious, promised. I have just been released by my fall winter projects, which consisted of making apple juice, then cider, while brewing beer in parallel. I just ordered a swarm of bee for May-June. A great opportunity to get into beekeeping too.

Side planting, a walnut has been added to the garden, as well as cuttings of cases.

I recovered old hay for a symbolic price from a neighbor of the village. After 3 going back in a small trailer, I reported the equivalent of 20 small haystacks.

arriveefoin2019_1.jpg

For the covers, I alternate this year between hay, woven tarpaulin, and by the place of the sheet that I put in place when I have nothing else and I want to weed a board ... I also have a barley board, a few others in green manure ... in short, full of options to adapt according to the desires later.
arriveefoin2019_0.jpg

on the project side I bought sturgeon bulblets, stuttgard riesen ... will you plant that when in your areas? rather in March or even earlier?

a+

Stef
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/02/19, 10:33

Rather yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!

In short, as soon as possible. Explanations in videos "soon"! (it's in the box, but not mounted) ...

Alliates are not afraid of frost, do not need nitrification and go into "I disappear" mode when the days stop getting longer (so the growth period is longer the earlier you put them on. possible - they do not "extend"!)
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 19/02/19, 12:37

thank you for your answer Didier, I will try to stick to it as soon as possible ...

have a good day !
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 19/02/19, 17:03

Being from the same region I share my observations. My land is easily waterlogged, garlic does not like. So this year I put the clays in a hay hole between 5mm and 1cm of the earth. They have developed roots in the earth but the sensitive part remains relatively dry. By cons I do not know what it will give and the hay will drop.
1 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 19/02/19, 17:39

thank you Phil53 for this tip. It's wet but draining enough at home. I had good results on garlic last year, no rotten caillieux. But actually we have to find the right depth so that it is neither too much nor too little ... and I arrive like you at this depth of max 1 cm. I'm looking forward to Didier's next video on this point ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/02/19, 17:51

Yes, garlic does not like being in too wet ground - that's one of the exceptions, where butter can be positive.

This is especially important for winter garlic, which is put in the fall.

I transplant through the hay and I normally put at the hay-soil interface. But there, yesterday, the hay was still what is left of last year, a little thin layer, and as I still bet on severe frosts with us (possible! Not certain !!!), I pushed in a little in the ground, so that they "covered".
0 x