A vegetable lazy Sarthe

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Return to posts index Reply Like Re: A lazy vegetable garden in Sarthe

by Ahmed » 09/01/18, 22:16

The device is as follows: the screw is fixed in the thread of the housing of the bevel gear and then comes through one of the wall of the tube to secure these two parts. This is why another hole is essential to change the angle of the housing (therefore of the blade) and that it does not need to be threaded.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/01/18, 22:33

Ahmed wrote:The device is as follows: the screw is fixed in the thread of the housing of the bevel gear and then comes through one of the wall of the tube to secure these two parts. This is why another hole is essential to change the angle of the housing (therefore of the blade) and that it does not need to be threaded.

Indeed in this case it is playable without too many risks!
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 09/01/18, 23:16

It's just a simple hole to make, but I'll watch it in broad daylight!
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 11/01/18, 19:18

hi Ahmed and Didier!

big thanks !
I followed your advice:
- I set up at the desired angle
- tip hit in the hole
- drilling with a small drill for metal of 1, then 4, then 5

Here is the result :
debroussailleuse6.jpg

overview :
debroussailleuse7.jpg

in my opinion with a blade like that, "it'll shit!" in the sloth's vegetable garden :)
debroussailleuse8.jpg

I haven't tried it yet, but in my opinion it's looking good! to me the kilometers of furrows, and to hell with the gentle and ecological "sillonnette". the comfort of cut should be greatly facilitated in my case ...

Good night
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/01/18, 20:18

Very well! Nice hole, not that easy to make, because in this soft aluminum alloy tube, it's as easy to drill as to slip.
And the blade works in the right direction, that is to say "in opposition" to the ground; Clearly, this means that if the blade were to touch the ground (which is quite inevitable), the contact would tend to push the blade back, whereas if the rotation (or the 1/4 turn had been on the other side) was reversed, the blade would work "by swallowing" and in contact with the ground "engerait", that is to say would tend to prick down. The choice of the blade seems good to me for this use, since the cutting edge is probably not located at the end (difficult to perceive this detail on the photo), but on the side, which saves it.
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 11/01/18, 20:42

Ahmed wrote:Very well! Nice hole, not that easy to make, because in this soft aluminum alloy tube, it's as easy to drill as to slip.
And the blade works in the right direction, that is to say "in opposition" to the ground; Clearly, this means that if the blade were to touch the ground (which is quite inevitable), the contact would tend to push the blade back, whereas if the rotation (or the 1/4 turn had been on the other side) was reversed, the blade would work "by swallowing" and in contact with the ground "engerait", that is to say would tend to prick down. The choice of the blade seems good to me for this use, since the cutting edge is probably not located at the end (difficult to perceive this detail on the photo), but on the side, which saves it.

yes indeed I tried to keep this direction of cut, I had "tried" the machine to check the new angle before marking the hole. otherwise the disc is very flat, not sure to understand what you are saying on the sharp side? i don't worry about the cut, a buddy tested the same type of disc successfully before my DIY.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/01/18, 20:47

The blade is flat but probably includes a bevel on the teeth, since it is a grass blade. If this is not the case, the cutting edge merges with the angle of the tooth and it is then more of a light brush blade.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/18, 09:20

Stef72 wrote:hi Ahmed and Didier!

I followed your advice:
- I set up at the desired angle
-

I haven't tried it yet, but in my opinion it's looking good! to me the kilometers of furrows, and to hell with the gentle and ecological "sillonnette". the comfort of cut should be greatly facilitated in my case ...

1) Well here it is. Not so complicated, after all!

2) You will still have to "shift" the plastic protection by a "certain angle" upwards so that you can penetrate the hay without scraping while advancing ... No doubt a few squares and a few "twists" ...

Even if hay protects against projections, I would like to draw your attention to the great danger represented by "roto-threads": an effect that could appear benign, the projection of small pebbles! Such a stone thrown on one eye can burst the eyeball. Beware like the plague! And nobody in the axis of the disc !!!
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/01/18, 11:41

Phenoculturists have a competitive advantage in gardening: greater lucidity, and it would be a shame if their practice tended to "compensate" for this by cutting them off ... :frown: : Wink:
Even immanent justice can be blind (sic) ... So, follow this advice of Did eyes closed! : Wink:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/18, 12:38

Ahmed wrote:... immanent justice ...

Sic! You managed to replace it!
0 x