A vegetable lazy Sarthe

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Return to posts index Reply Like Re: A lazy vegetable garden in Sarthe

by Did67 » 09/01/18, 10:58

Stef72 wrote:
and garlic that is well established:

My garlic, planted very late, still has not come out. Finally, it's good 2 or 3 weeks that I have not been to the kitchen garden, so much is the slush!
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 09/01/18, 12:54

Did67 wrote:Have you been able to turn 90 °'s head without difficulty?

Hi Didier and thank you for your answer ... I have not tried yet, but I will take a look. I would like to be able (if it is possible) in all cases to go from one angle to another without it being a gas plant ... to follow ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/01/18, 17:10

Stephif you have a problem on that side, put a picture of the head so that we realize what is possible to do ...
I made a small modification of mine (well, that of my brushcutter! :D ) and it works ... even if I am not convinced of the practical side of the thing to cut furrows (I did it first of all to be able to cut hedges vertically, without bending into an uncomfortable position. ..).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 09/01/18, 17:11

So you just tilted everything, including the motor (for a 2 T, that's not a problem; it's "designed for").

Normally, it's easy: you serve the nut which "serves" the rod, on which the "angle transmission" fits. On Xavier's Stihl, it wasn't even a minute.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/01/18, 17:17

Yes, initially, I inclined all, but it's rather painful for the back ... :frown:

Re-yes, that's what I did, but it took a hole offset 90 ° to accommodate the locking screw (it is a safety that is added to the bolt of the collar of return of angle, in fact, its role is to prevent a disengagement in case of loosening).
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 09/01/18, 19:57

Hi Ahmed,
thank you for your experience, in fact I think it would theoretically that I do the same thing as you, with a hole for the screw to the location of my pen in the photo:
debroussailleuse5.jpg

we see the current hole in front

I have some forests for metal, including a size 4, but I hesitate a little to do this on my brand new camera, given the sometimes unfortunate experiences that I have had in DIY;) more ' I hardly have a stable worktop with my dirt floor and only a portable drill, if I decide I have to do it quietly!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/01/18, 20:15

Take it easy, Steph, you can do the job! 8)
The difference between a change and a success is only the attention to detail: once you have the plan in mind, there is no need to hesitate.
You need to carefully measure the distance between the end of the tube and the existing hole axis and postpone it with the correct offset and on the right side (it's easy to err on the side : Oops: ). This rating is not crucial, but it is a question of method; you can make a vague template with cardboard (to replace a mechanic's truscan). The next important thing is to mark the location of the future hole in the needle (the ideal: a fine needle or, the must, a centering needle optical). You can do a pilot hole with a small drill, just for accuracy (the finish used live can always slide). Finally, remove the burrs, we are not gougnaffiers! : Lol:
1 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 09/01/18, 20:43

ok, thanks Ahmed, that's what I needed to hear!
I will start later when I have a quiet moment ... good evening
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/01/18, 21:20

I agree with ahmed:

a) the only thing that counts is to be at the same distance from the end of the tube ...

b) and not "skid" when drilling with a hand drill, which is difficult to avoid on a smooth round tube, and a hand drill; hence the interest of "pointing"; I do this, in this kind of situation, with a nail: you position its point at the exact place where you want to drill (where there is the point of Bic on the photo); a sharp blow with a hammer (you don't care if the nail twists) - you only strike once! ... And indeed, you start with the smallest metal bit; you will be surprised that with this small "pointed" trace, if you put yourself in front, vertically, perpendicular to the tube, it will not "slip" ... Then you drill to the expected diameter ... At worst, your big wick "nibbles" more on one side than on the other; but you do not care: it may not be 90 ° on the dot, but 87 °, which does not have the shadow of a trace of importance!

c) without being a cheater, if you ever had to call on the guarantee, it is unlikely that it will come from the bezel; and I doubt that a SAV disassembles to see if you modified the machine!
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/01/18, 22:06

I did not understand if it was just a question of making "a hole", that it would therefore be necessary in this case to thread but the thickness must be very (too) weak to thread.

Or if it was a rigorously cross a diameter so as to cross a screw in which case with a hand drill it seems very random.
0 x